Declining Interest

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheRealDeathern, Sep 22, 2014.

1. TheRealDeathern New Player

Perhaps. Your statements are true, but unlike some, I am not on PS4 yet, the allure of the games for that platform are strong, but I don't have access to play them.

I have never experienced a desire to not play DCUO, during that three years... until now. So for me, its not I have a shinny new toy I'm going to go play with it, rather, its more like this toy is so old, I don't know why I keep playing with it...
  2. same Johnny Dedicated Player

Quoting this tiny bit just to add a chaotic thought to the thread.

I would not oppose one bit if a decision was made to do with T7 PvE gear the same that is about to be done with PvP gear: One armour to rule them all, mods and Skill Points allocation to attune proper role stats.Everyone can pack a punch and actually contribute to make raids faster.

The numbers you are referring to concerning Resto are insane (and real) and PROMOTE single healer runs. The Vitalization controllers have are starting to PROMOTE single troller runs. In time, these will become STANDARD with the power back mechanic most AMs have.
    • Like x 2
  3. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Exactly.

When I have my battle controller spec on, and I always do when I run with another controller, I feel like I might as well be DPSing. Since we're not giving out nearly as much power anymore, WM has made controllers into bad DPS.

I can and do run a "battle" loadout, but I'd undoubtedly be better off as a DPS.
    • Like x 2
  4. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

It's been brought up several times across the forums how absurd stats have gotten. We need a total stat revamp if we want support roles to be back into the picture.

Resto needs to be reduced by thousands, Vitalization needs to be reduced by around a thousand, Tank survivability needs to be decreased, etc.
    • Like x 2
  5. krimzonk Committed Player

I Know quite a few people who just deleted their characters and left for other MMO's specifically FF14 and Destiny. With the aforementioned two games especially FF14 the amount of content they release in updates every month is amazing! Its also an amazing MMO, really fun to play.

The only thing DCUO has against the other MMO's is the DC license and the superhero/villain aspect but even that does not hold much weight when the story-lines are poorly explained, with matters further being compounded due to the lack of comic-book style cut-scenes which were scrapped. The lack of creative and more importantly FUN content is also a hindrance. Note I said creative not just uber hard! By creative i mean brand new environments where raids take place, not just recycled caves lol. The uniqueness of each power has gone due to the advent of weapon mastery which has done more harm than good in my view.

The devs had the fun and creative aspect of content nailed from all the content we got from launch up until DLC3 Battle for Earth after which we have been on a down slope...I mean Khandaq and FOS123 were just epic! Especially Khandaq, wow that raid is the best in the game, no raid can match its beautiful environments, storyline, mechanics, everything! I still remember when we first played Khandaq, in those times Black Adam saying 'Shazzam' meant an instant death unless you blocked! Haha! The fun we had with everyone screaming and typing "Bbbbbbbbbblock!" was hilarious.

All my opinions, but yeah..
    • Like x 3
  6. BossJohnson Active Player

When the only arguement that the current content doesn't revolve around DPS is by suggesting all party members, not just damage class, have to min/max stats/rotations to increase their DPS output it kind of confirms the content is DPS-centric.
    • Like x 5
  7. TheRealDeathern New Player

Its kind of a scary place to be. As a league leader, I know I need to log and participate in order to keep our league strong and viable for the other players in it. My desire not to play, can and does impact not only myself, but others as well. That's not to say if I quit they all will, but there is a good percentage that would... the biggest draw the game has at the moment, is those individuals whom I have played with and enjoyed the company of, for 3 years....

When I fly around the watchtower and re-visit the hall of doom, thinking to myself the whole time "I should unsub" not "what am I going to do today..." then something is moving in the wrong direction.
    • Like x 11
  8. evilmufasa Well-Known Player

This is exactly what im going thru.
    • Like x 4
  9. Archangel Rafael New Player

this. I am unmotivated to play lately. busy. tired.
    • Like x 1
  10. Grumpy Dedicated Player

I agree with everything! Tell me your in game name so I can add you to my friends list! :D

Weapon Mastery
    /DPS LOVE FEST
    WM bored me to death and I switched to my support role. Apparently that fancy green ring I have is just for looks.

DPS gets too much love. Support roles are becoming less needed. One of each support and five WM DPS? Wow.
    I guess the devs think that harder content = more HP for bosses = more DPS in group.

Diminishing Community
    Some people are playing Destiny, others lost faith in the game thanks to the recent SOE Census drama, PvP CC issues, work and etc. Its also school season for the younger part of the community. I hope things get better soon.
    • Like x 1
  11. same Johnny Dedicated Player

It's funny that you mention that, last night I was on the test server checking exactly that. T1 (343 resto) to T2 (404) to T3 (496) to T4 (654). Upgrades yes, but small jumps. Then T5 came. The starter T5 gear (Aquaman, Mantis) offers 1316 Resto. These are unmodded stats, just from the gear. I don't even want to do the maths with Vestments of Rage or this T6 gear we currently have. The stats are jumping way too much. I remember leaving T4 at 2200 might, and that was a stretch. I'm currently at 5400 or something might! It more than doubled in two tiers.

I know how much some players would rage at seeing their tier gear being pushed back in stats, but at this point, I can't even imagine what T7 is going to be like. 10k Might, anyone?
    • Like x 2
  12. TheRealDeathern New Player

If the only thing drawing us back is the participants in our league, and we personally aren't enjoying the experience, is it really worth it anymore? We both have given a lot of time and money to contribute wholeheartedly to our league, it's a shame the game isn't rewarding us as much as it used to...
    • Like x 5
  13. TheRealDeathern New Player

Deathern is my main. Alts are Dr Iconic and Goldie Glocks, all heroes. Magmason on villian side, although I haven't played him since T4...
    • Like x 2
  14. evilmufasa Well-Known Player

i enjoy the raiding aspect although repetitiveness. I only grind them with league and if it wasnt for that love for leaguemates, i honestly wouldnt be on it. They are my 2nd family.
  15. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

At the time, that number kind of had a purpose. Nexus and Paradox were SUPPOSED to require that much to beat, and for a lot of players it did. But at the same time, the type of damage that we were taking wasn't able to be healed through, so that escalation in restoration was pointless because the only person taking survivable damage was the tank. The tanks had to have crazy high health, because the bosses were ripping and tearing through t4 gear, so an increase was necessary. Controllers also had to keep up with an increase in power (and the newly implemented increased power costs) so Vit skyrocketed. And then they nerfed it all. Everything was nerfed significantly and the stats remained the same. The stats that we had in Vestments/Scion gear are what we should be absolutely capped at now, realistically lower than that even.

I was joking a few weeks ago with a buddy about Precision. I remember him saying, "Oh my god, I'm at 900 precision" when we were in the T4 days and now? My controller more than doubles that...and has a tick over 300.

They continued to escalate the stats at a crazy rate after T5 too. They need to go back and reduce everything from the ground up. If they do, maybe this content has some staying power.
  16. Craven Green Loyal Player

I wholeheartedly agree and recently my controller gear and sp allocation is starting to reflect that. My tick is more than high enough so my remaining mods will have precision in the mix as well as vit. and my skill points are going to precision and might.
    • Like x 3
  17. same Johnny Dedicated Player

That's a big highlight there and I'll try to explain why I did it.

First of all, I agree. T5 content was relentless with T4 gear and I understand the stat jump. But the fact that they did that jump, not foreseeing it wouldn't be enough, shows lack of vision. I mean no disrespect to anyone making the game or leading it, and I remember it perfectly, they admitted it, they messed up with the release order for tier gear, Sons of Trigon should have come first to allow players to gear up and all that. But it would still show a lack of vision because of that last line.

Content ended up being nerfed while allowing us to retain those boosted stats. From the very first time Odyssey ran Nexus in that preview FNL, it should have been clear: Harder content was needed, yes, but not with that big of a jump. Nexus has interesting mechanics and fights and even if the bosses were made to hit for less damage, the difficulty would still be there, with the breakouts, blocks, rolls, getting in the shield to avoid one-shots, targeting Oppression bots to prevent group wipes, and so on and so on.

I fear this constant stat jump is going to be more harmful in the long run. And having bosses with that gigantic health pool to counter the fact that we hit like a truck is doing nothing for the game.
  18. xD25x Dedicated Player

While i agree with most of what you are saying i feel we would look past alot of these issues if the storyline was more intriguing. I mean come on who gives a **** about Kalibak or Mantis? Not to mention we fight them both twice in this dlc right we actually cared about storyline during origin crisis. Well at least i did but alot of you guys crying the content is too easy are the same people who couldnt beat a pre nerf origin crisis raid to save your life. So what we have now is not harder conent but bosses with mega health. Trolls complained about being batteries so they made a trolls job easier. We ended up getting exactly what the community cryed for and now in turn they are crying for harder content. So when 90 percent cant beat it the nerf cries will reappear. I mean there are whole leagues out there of 107-108 players who still havent completed lockdown yet. I guess it is what it is atm.
  19. ChuckLess New Player

Only read a few responses...

It's the content and direction of the game. I'm sorry, but to have a DLC that ONLY offers progress if you are grouped up is a big issue. I don't care how many "forum people" say they only play grouped content. For the most part that's not likely to be true anyway. Any MMO has to have casual content to survive. People that like MMO's like to be in game as much as possible. Whether they are actively in combat or not.

This is a much bigger issue than Destiny (which really isn't all that). People are only logging in to run a raid or two and that's it. Unless you love to do the same single instance over and over, you're not likely play this DLC a whole lot. And since the last DLC now gives us nothing towards progression...
    • Like x 1
  20. hudapak Well-Known Player

Most of the people in my league are night owls. We would have 8-14 people at a time logged on to play DCUO. But this latest DLC saw less and less people logging in to play. Now I only see about 3 people playing and they don't even stay that long. The majority are playing Destiny while others are playing other games or just watching Netflix. Heck, I don't even log on anymore unless messaged by my league to troll for them during reset. But other than that I prefer to stay away from this game that I so like. It seems like the interest for this game is waning really fast. And this time I didn't even bother getting all my new gear. When new contents start to focus more on DPS and less on support roles, the loot drops rarely reward you with anything worthwhile for running these ridiculous raids, and a boring and less engaging contents, these are all recipe for failure. And it seems like posting on the forums is more fun than playing the game, which is just so sad...
    • Like x 2