Declining Interest

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheRealDeathern, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

Those are all great suggestions, IMHO.
  2. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

If I'm reading this right...
    You mean a solo instance where Batman comes after a Joker mentored toon?
    Or Lex goes after a Superman mentored toon?
    Or Joker forgets he's the toon's mentor and goes after him anyway?

Love the idea!
    • Like x 3
  3. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Yea just imagine your in your base/ league hall you get a message a villain it doesn't have to be one of the big 3 is doing something ( so it's easier and cheaper for voice overs) is stealing some stuff it could be used to show off new legends characters that you fight or it could even be its own story just for your character .
    • Like x 2
  4. MyrVell Committed Player

Yeah but you knock that hard raid out on reset day...and then what? Come back next week, same Bat time, same Bat channel, and do it again for the next three months?
    Personally I do all types of content. I like solo stuff because I know it's all on me to get it done. Alerts are my favorite, and I try to keep all roles at level with my alts so the league has coverage. My league isn't all that raid happy, but we do generally get them done, and I'm just competitive enough to pug when I need (just pugged Necro as a tank in fact).
    I'm here to be a super hero/villain, not play a specific type of mission.
  5. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Coming from a league that primarily raids, we run it again.

I have 4 alts to run through content every week. People have alts to run through content every week, so we do that. Normally I run it on my main then my controller alt and then fill in whatever role people need for the rest of the week.

The other stuff is nothing more than a distraction for me honestly. Once the raid is beaten, it becomes pretty much obsolete because its purpose (gearing up) is fufilled. With this past DLC I didnt touch the alerts more than 4-5 times after we beat lockdown...and we beat lockdown in the 2nd week.

Raids are way more fun to me. Separating into little groups, spreading out from the people I enjoy playing with isnt fun. I'd rather run 1 or 2 interesting pieces of 8 man content, then run 4 alerts or duos or solos.
    • Like x 1
  6. ermike Committed Player

I agree. We beat Lockdown day 1. Whats the point of running the alerts when the END GAME RAID was beaten hours after it dropped. Would have been sooner but we ran Necro first. OC was good bc u needed the alert gear and 85cr gear to beat the raids. They were hard. These are legit tank and spank (although I do like the last boss in Artifacts as well as the rifle mechanic in LD) as a cr 108.. yes we should get thru everything. . But not while we r gearing. Also, having Necro drop same level gear as Lockdown is a mistake. Harder instances should have better stuff.
  7. MyrVell Committed Player

Ok, but you do understand that puts you in a select minority.
    • Like x 1
  8. StarshipAwesome Well-Known Player

+1. Also, Lex, Joker and Circe can deliberately go after the characters they mentor because of some percieved threat to their authority, like if it was a result of your actions in a future dlc or how you treated them during your villain mentor mission. And they get suspicious and overreact and you defend yourself. As much as this might seem like a good idea for villains only, it can also be good for getting things going amongst the heroes, too. Like you have a choice at the end of an instance and your choice makes your mentor do one thing and the other choice makes your mentor react differently. It will eventually lead back to the status quo, but this can be good for heroes, too.

Another possibility is that when you have a base, you go in and find your mentor in there. Imagine being tied up and interrogated by Batman or turned into a monster for a brief time by Circe to accomplish a task. Though, that might have the same negative reaction as some have had with iconic anomalies. But, I think it'd be fun to play things like this.

Before launch they had intended that when you go through missions for one mentor, it would have an influence on your relationship with another mentor. I'd like this idea also brought back to the game or some version of it.

But, I'm wondering if a dev can say if leaving behind this idea was a general direction change for the game?

Thanks a bunch, guys.
    • Like x 1
  9. ermike Committed Player

A simple fix to the raid problem is optional side bosses who drop legendary loot. These bosses will be hard, only for groups willing to spend the time. This allows for the instances to remain easy but allowing others to play harder content. Also allowing groups to have an option to turn on group loot would be awesome to. League runs would benefit by there always being a drop and not an extra mark. This should be optional and all group members would have to have to option on for it to take affect.