Declining Interest

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheRealDeathern, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Unknown Legend Active Player

Well you have to remember that summer is over. No more late nights for some people, people have to return to work, school. Maybe you just need a long (2 or more month) break from dcuo. And if you decide to come back then your love for the game might be rekindled.

The game is fun, but to much of anything is never good for you.
    • Like x 1
  2. TheRealDeathern New Player

Are you kidding? There is only one Deathern... :D
    • Like x 2
  3. Ebon Angel New Player

For that, we are all thankful LOL!
    • Like x 2
  4. smoove76 Committed Player

:rolleyes: Yeah because Controllers had SO MUCH FUN with Dpses spaming their powers to no end during Origin Crisis DLC o_O ......And YES I would like more new styles for my hand cblasters thank you.
    • Like x 2
  5. TheRealDeathern New Player

You seem to be in the minority here. Your opinion is appreciated none the less. So the game is perfect from your point of view and no changes are warranted I take it? Population doesn't appear to be diminished and you are excited about the direction the game is going and you feel as though it has a bright future? Interesting.
    • Like x 1
  6. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

DCUO is DEFINITELY in decline and while something needs to be done, I just don’t trust the DCUO powers-that-be to do so in an acceptable manner.

I’ve come to the conclusion that SOE is more concerned with catering this game a diminishing minority of players who’re willing to repeatedly change powersets, replay content at nausea, and buy into terrible products like Booster Bundles for the chance of a cosmetic style they’ll abandon within weeks.

In the end, I just don’t think they’re willing to do the things needed to bring us back from the precipice as it looks more and more like SOE is doing nothing more than riding things out before eventually closing the doors on DCUO.
    • Like x 5
  7. E Clip Dedicated Player

Yeah back then you could differentiate between a god and a bad troller. Now everyone can solo troll raids without even doing the double pot. Also have you noticed how rare trollers are now?
  8. WL Corpsman New Player

I agree 100%. Content takes way to long to come out on top of the extremely long periods of bugs being patched. Yet I see numerous articles on the forums saying DCUO and SOE are doing well in revenue. I somewhat feel the money earned is not being invested back into the game, just my opinion.

Sucks because if they were on top of releasing content and patching patching bugs in a faster fashion, I truly believe this game would dominate the PS market.
    • Like x 1
  9. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

I'm on a six month hiatus. I'll come back a few weeks after the second DLC (from now) drops and see how I feel. I've been spending most of my game time playing board games recently.
  10. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

Give speed chess a try
  11. same Johnny Dedicated Player

Just to clear this one up, as far as I know, I've heard virtually nothing on them doing this change to PvE. What they are going to change with the next Game Update (not DLC) is the PvP gear, which will be universal. They replaced the normal slots with prismatic slots so you can mod any piece with any colour. They don't have bonuses, it's just meant for you to fine tune your stats to whatever role you want to play.

The post you quoted was just me thinking out loud that I kinda wish they did that. It would make all roles a little more inclusive (anyone could do damage on top of their support role and DPS would do even more) and give you more options (go with full Vit mods, for example, to be a fully powered Controller, or go with Vit+Precision to turn into a fearsome Battle Troller).

But I doubt it will be done at this point. We are too far ahead into the game.
  12. nowburn4it Loyal Player

I agree with the diminishing community. That gets me down, but I'm still on almost every night...Most of my old friends are gone...
  13. RoBoLoGy13 New Player

The reason I'm personally not coming back and the reason I left is simple. Now don't get me wrong, I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to come back, this game is awesome when played right, and one of the best MMO's on the market by far. I believe my reason for leaving echo's similar complaints of the game feeling 'stale', at least in regards to PvE ....

Dear Devs, why oh why do you allow ANY tier player to run ANY map with no de-buffs at all?!?!?!?!?!? What sort of gamers are you going to attract other than the 'ewww shineys!' crowd who want nothing but styles & achvs? Any gamer worth a salt plays game for the challenge, the rush, the excitement, the need for all rolls, and the experience of playing ones roll to the best of their ability while showcasing their gaming talents. Why devs, why oh why do you allow ANY player to join ANY instance and solo it on their own?!? It's no fun for other players. More often than not these people run ahead of the group and ruin the entire experience. The PuG scene is ruined. When I quit playing a good few months ago it felt like 3 out of ever 4 maps had such an OP player. Even joining with slightly OP'd players wasn't fun. Granted it wasn't a 1man zerg fest, but there was never any threat of losing, never any real challenge, and the whole group could have cleared flawlessy while liquored up, higher than a kite off weed, with every pill known to mankind in their system. A zombie could clear the run ... there just was NO CHALLENGE at alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.

However, when I join a group of people of proper gear, tier & SP ... perhaps even a tad low .... OMG does this game rock! Having to fight in a group, needing all rolls to do their job, not being able to pull huge mobs, playing the map like it was intended to be played ... my gawd were they some of the best times I've ever had in ANY game. I still think about those runs to this day and it puts a smile on my face.

Please DCU .... you have the best storyline in the MMO world with the most epic characters ever created! Joker, Batman, Superman, Lex ... the list goes on and on! There's a reason this game isn't #1 on the market .... gameplay, period. If you bring back the challenge and the integrity to this game I think it'll take off. More people will start streaming, more people will start talking about it on social media and inviting their friends. But the current "Oh look, shineys!" version that appeals to casuals and n00bz alike ... has resulted in this. Please remember Sony, this is a VIDEO GAME that should appeal to VIDEO GAMERS, this isn't an online catalog that appeals to people who want more stuffz to put in their drawer thats overflowing with stuffz.

You bring the challenge back to this game, I'm signing up for legendary the next day. As long as OP baddies are allowed to reign free and wreak havoc so they can have a selfish solo experience that makes them feel like they're actually good at games, when in reality they couldn't clear Super Mario Bro's .... Im'a stay away ... and imo ... I'm not the only one.
    • Like x 2
  14. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I'm having issues with motivation and time available to get my tank alt's CR up... /meh.
    I could have Not gotten her CR up and gotten more experience with tanking with new Serum power, but who'd be around for low CR content?? (on Villain side) I think the Dev have a capacity to reinvent the PvP phase; make a faction war in Metropolis and Gotham distinctly expressing a reason for having 2 factions. PvP in open world without distinct zones for ranked characters was a fail with endless progression (WarhammerOnline did it right; one of the few aspects... oops). There are CR limitations to Central City, Gotham Wastelands, etc. 0o I understand spliting up a population already spread out over PvE CR and PvP CR is a mess to start with, but the Devs changed a launch design that limited the Tier gear one could buy according to the mentor they choose. (uhoh, that linked page is showing its age; here is an alternative: http://dcuo.mmorpg-life.com/763/guides/dcuo-iconic-armor-guide-2/ ) Other changes are necessary. If not for DCUO.... for DCUO 2.0. (probably better for DCUO 2.0; End of Beta Event shows lots of players in open world was a bad thing. I remember D/Cing lots of times during this

Factions need a war. Help your brothers and sisters in the fight? Win the open world fight for a special instanced PvP fight with a chance at special loot? (Invade instanced enemy HQ? Throw in some Iconic Characters to help? Capture enemy mentors and put them in your Hall's jail? Get a stat bonus for a few hours? Increased chance to win rare loot in PvE instance for a limited time after winning HQ PvP instance?)..... of course with so many hero characters.... Zerg Incoming!! Spawn Metallo and Lex to help defend the capture node!! (alternatively, some villains might say, here comes the fresh pack of newbs to be crushed.) /Vs chat would certainly be entertaining.

Thanks Suicide Squad and too many hero characters, I don't Arena or Legend mode anymore. No style set will make me do it again. I was burnt out of motivation when AFK users were automated and abundant to get the reward for loosing. PS: if reinventing open world PvP, do not reward anyone for being simply present. THAT, WarhammerOnline did not fix. AFK in PvP zone = rewarded with renown points.
    Toughness and Defense.... stats.... tough call. I understand those that are PvP only players and those that are mostly PvE players points of view..... I thought with DC, more would do PvE for Story and Action, but some still seem to refuse to do PvE, i think... 0o (Metric data with an assist?)

Vertical endless progression.... & http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/02/11/the-soapbox-old-content-should-stay-relevant/

I adapted my motivation to use an mmo when the storm hits. When a DLC arrives, ride it for a while. Other interests will soon overwhelm, and I'll be back with the next DLC or maybe the one after that. (Shirley, its ok to have multiple interests. Does this strengthen a Binge behavior with the increase and decline of the population over time?)
    • Like x 1
  15. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm playing a ton of Pathfinder Adventure Card Game currently. It's the bees knees.
  16. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

Don't call me Shirley. Open world pvp works fairly well on PS4, it wouldn't hurt to try adding some faction based open world pvp goodness at this point. They could at least build the foundations for it now, and then blow the roof of it with dc 2.0.
  17. Darkhawk Well-Known Player

So, what you mean is, DCUO will die.
  18. Joykiller Dedicated Player

With respect to the powers, how are they going to do this if it means continuing to have to 'find space' in PS3 limitations? Honest question.
    • Like x 1
  19. Veritasum Loyal Player

Not the first thread of this kind and not the last. Which is ironic, really.
    • Like x 1
  20. Zim New Player

Every year its dead at this time. Even the forums are more dead than usual.

My issue with this game at the moment is the constant back tracking the devs do, never sticking with a direction, and their constant trying to reinvent the damn wheel with this game.

But I will eventually be back. I have to much time invested in my toon to just completely bail right now. But if the current trend continues with the bland content then I do see myself possibly taking a permanent leave of absence.
    • Like x 2