GU38: Electricity Improvements

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by spord, Jun 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karasawa Loyal Player

Just have your group put themselves in combat with a sparring target, have them take off all their gear, then put it back on. They should all be half health or less if they're still in combat.
  2. zPsychosocialz New Player

Yes the Electric power is good now. But the AoE Heal may need some Improvement. Or maybe it's just my restoration. 2103
  3. SomethingEASY New Player

I am a little bit confused... EG double tick? EG is a full HoT, it works fine (not that I have healed with the other powers, so I might be wrong). Also, electric is all about the skill involved as blklightning said in his earlier post. Now I will admit I am having a hard time with the timing of then new EG (I kinda miss the old way with the cool down) but the heals have never failed me personally.

Edit: oh, do you mean double tick to those without EG on them?
  4. Pandora Demon New Player

I don't have a PC nor PS4 nor a Game Capture card. But, no matter where I am in a group( near 4+ people: Raid; all four players: Alerts) I only see two out of those four people and me get healed, and no-one else does.
    How do you get your Galvanize white though? That is the serious question( If you do this with any other powers, please tell me how to do it with them, too). But also, Who is getting the heals in those Screen Shots? NPC's or Group members?
    • Like x 1
  5. blklightning New Player

Galvanize is white/blue. I just captured a frame that was in the white phase of the animation.

Those getting the heals in the screen shots are all NPCs. I'll have to coordinate a scenario with a raid-size group and have them take a lot of damage, so I can see the heal.
  6. Shift New Player

Yes, the double tick you get on any members who do not have the aura on them if they are withing proximity of both auras. It is a full strength HoT, but its' full strength which is the double tick, is the same strength as just a regular Circle of Protection with Sorcery so not only do we have to stay within proximity of the people we want the double tick to be placed, we also have to have the person with the second aura be willing to stay within proximity of who we want the double ticks to go to(Generally the tank).

The range of the heal should be the challenge of it, not begging somebody to risk their life just to have a heal that is the same strength as a cast and forget heal like CoP. If you cast CoP, people only have to step into it and can walk away while still receiving the HoT from it which is the combined strength of our double ticks of Genesis. All I would like is either a Consume Souls kinda heal, or Genesis to just place the combined strength of the double tick into one tick instead on cast on whoever has the auras on them and whoever is within proximity of them can receive the ticks from it just like now except it will be at full strength instead of becoming a double tick.

It would be a mobile CoP which is fair since you only have to touch CoP to get the heals from it for its' whole cooldown and I mean even just the way outer rim of it. Just get rid of the double tick and the challenge will still be to time your lunge correctly for the tank and to stay within proximity of the group members you want to have the ticks on.

I really just want Genesis to be on par with CoP like it's supposed to be without the factor of requiring a group member to aid you just to get to the same strength as CoP. Now that Genesis always targets group members first instead of pets I can't use the pet to go fight melee for me to keep the Genesis ticks on the tank. I'm the healer, I'm supposed to keep the group alive, not ask for help from one of the members to risk their life just to make my healing more effective when it should already be that way.

TL;DR: Get rid of the double ticking on Genesis and raise the ticks to the same strength as CoP from the getgo so we have two mobile Circle of Protection circles but they still require you or the second aura'd person to stay within range of the other group members. People seem to be forgetting that we still don't have any buff for our healing(Gold Soul Aura, Bug Form, Hive Mind, Cleansed Blight/Admonish, Annoint) unlike the rest of the healer sets so we are still the most inefficient when it comes to power usage due to the lack of those increased innates and lack of a simple HoT.
  7. Pandora Demon New Player

Great capturing the white part, but cool tell me how it goes( I can heal a bunch off NPC's, but only 2 group mates( not including myself). Also look at the HOT Animation on allies because the animation+the HOT+ Instant heal only goes onto two other group mates not including yourself.
  8. August Wisdom New Player

Amidst all this healing talk, I would like to sneak in a shameless plug.

Give me back electrocute from exemption limbo, please. Thanks. (agitated rants reduced to economical begging)
    • Like x 1
  9. blklightning New Player

Here you go. I was hoping to manufacture a scenario to heal, but this PUG Nexus provided the perfect example... Galvanize healing all 5 of the 8 members who had taken damage.

• Like x 2
  10. Pandora Demon New Player

Hmm, cool. It's odd that I experience this( forever alone:().
    • Like x 2
  11. SomethingEASY New Player

If I had a villain, I would go with you to try and help you figure this out. Sadly, all my ps3 characters are hero side. So unless you have a hero with the same problem, I hope it evens out for you soon.
  12. light FX Steadfast Player

Ok so i havent read thru this read but whats up with VB? I dont see it refreshing any DoTs, is this a known bug? Any1 else seeing it?
  13. Max Volt Committed Player

tested over and over again and it is refreshing on my side.

there's actually a video in my guide where you see me set up the dot and keeping it up for a good amount of time just using voltaic bolt.

FYI it won't refresh any DoT...just the one created using AM
    • Like x 1
  14. Pandora Demon New Player

Yeah, I don't, but thanks. It's not that much of an electric breaker for me, it just allows me to be more flexible( tactical) with my load-outs, it makes healing in simple burn-fests feel like it needs strategy. It's just annoying because if I want to get your small HOT, or those 2-3 burst heals on more than 2 of your groupmates: you have to use it more than once.
    • Like x 1
  15. blklightning New Player

Are you testing this on the HQ Sparring Targets or your base Sparring Targets? The base targets are awful. They wipe the PI and the DoT before it's even done with its duration. Try HQ. You should be able to refresh for almost a minute before the PI wipes off the target.

In real game play, I have no issue keeping the DoT refreshed.
    • Like x 1
  16. SomethingEASY New Player

Man, replying on my phone is such a chore... A NEW GLITCH THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED! Anyway, I'm glad its not a deal breaker for you. A quick question for you tho. Have you tried lighting up multiple enemies with Arc and then EBing them in your group? This would work similar to Galv, and I'm interested to know if it is glitches for you as well... if not, that would potentially fix your small HoT need.
  17. light FX Steadfast Player

It was on the WT dummies and i couldnt get it to refresh at all. Had 2 league m8s say the same thing but again on the WT dummies. I havent tried it in a run yet because i had a burst loadout going. But thnx ill try it in TD 2day and see what happens. But yea i keep getting the pi wiped off too. Very weird all around.
  18. Pandora Demon New Player

I haven't used EB yet, and I don't have any intentions to do so because it's melee, and I actually have to hit the enemy with it. But, I can try it out for curiosity. I wouldn't consider EB a small HOT( unless it got nerfed) because I used to get ticks of: 4-800's( more with crits). I'm also not sure what I would replace in my load-out for it( since Al is a great burst heal, and is needed for PI+Burst Heal), and if I ever would want to solo-heal SM or T6 raids: I probably wouldn't be able to use EB anyway. TD it should be great, but even Galv doesn't fix this problem: the trolliest member in the group; the one that's just to scared to get medium range and doesn't get: Galv, EG, EB, and Al. I hate those people in T6...or any other alert( raids are more understandable, but it still makes me mad). Does it have more range than Galv? I feel EB should have a High risk High reward. Like this: You have to be in: Medium Melee range, but when it does hit an Electrified enemy: it gives an HOT to every group member that you can see in all directions. In general: I think their should be a targeting system for healers which you can target allies to give them( choose) who to get certain HOT's. this includes most stationary HOT's, like: things similar to EG. Or just make things like EG target group-mate(s) with lowest health.

Load-outs( These may not be LO's I use):

Melee heals( not battle Healer): Galvanize, Electroburst, Wired/Arc Lightning( Both?), Electro-Genesis, Flux Shield, and SC of your choice if you don't use both Arc lightning and Wired. This doesn't use The instants because this is more of an alert set-up because most of the heals are going to get people that are melee( people usually melee in alerts, but you can give up the 6th slot for one of them).

Battle Healer: Electroburst, Wired, Voltaic Bolt, Bio-electric-surge, Bio-capaciter, and SC of your choice( or Electrogenesis, or Galvanize if you're going to be melee).

Range Master: Ionic Drain, Bio-capaciter, Bio-electric-surge, Arc-Lightning, SC of your choice, EG( or Galv( BTW, these two will mainly be for group heals instead of Tank Heals)).

Shield Master: Flux Shield, Group Transducer, Bio-Capaciter, Bio-Electric-Surge, Electrogenesis, and Arc-Lightning.

Self(ish) Healer: HL Shield, 35% Nature SC in Iconic Tree, Clown Box, and nothing else.

Iconic Healer: Word of power, Electrogenesis, Bio-Capaciter, Bio-Electro-Surge, Ionic Drain, SC of choice.

Self(ish) Shield Master: Clown Box, HL Shield, and nothing else.

Some of these I came up with off the top of my head. And some are purely Trolling LO's( Self(ish) Heals)); not going to lie: Self(ish) Heals LO is great for PvP. The Selfish Load-outs can allow you to be as annoying as an Ice Tank in PvP as a healer; if you use the selfish load-outs in DPS with Healer gear on: you can use Flux Shield and be even closer to an Ice Tank.
  19. SomethingEASY New Player

Well, I can't speak to SM, as I only have myself and my real life friend in our league, so i don't bother yet. As far as all other content in the game, I basically run with: bio c, bio s, arc, galv/ID (situational), EG, and EB (unless I'm in a bad group in which case I use invigorate SC). I play at melee range about 80% of the time (before electricity first came out I was a fire tank, so I am very used to proper blocking/dodging) and I love the added challenge. Most pugs consist of melee dps lately so this works well for a lot of content. When the new raid comes out, I am sure I will need to change things, but for this moment, for me it works for everything (again, with the exception of SM). That's probably why I have so much success with Galv.
  20. SomethingEASY New Player

I guess i can only edit my post once, so sorry about this second one. From what I have seen, the EB range is about the sameish as Galv. Most of the time I seem to get small ticks off of it, it may have been nerfed but I don't pay it too much attention so I could be wrong. I really use it because it has the small HoT, and also applies a small DoT to my enemies, and as I rarely use my SC except for emergency situations, I find it acceptable to switch it out for the extra power I will use more often. If not for the DoT, I would probably just have ID in its place. Really I was just curious if it was isolated to one of your powers (Galv problem) and if a similar power might still work. So long as you are enjoying your set up, that's really all that matters. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.