Allow inspect into SP

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GrooveThief, Jun 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VariableFire Loyal Player

And there's the root of it again, that insecurity of yours. I didn't call you weak, you did.

The population learns by mimicking. They see the shouts, they imitate the shouts. When they get "lied to" they learn what is actually needed to run instances. Your support of this mockery will let people hide in their bubbles of ignorance, thinking stuff like 150sp is needed for TD. But that's okay, you get to hide in your own little bubble of a league.
  2. Arcpope New Player

Lol now that's elite .
    kudos to anyone who does SM and gets far.
    • Like x 3
  3. Tule New Player

I feel this is implied. I am not insecure. I don't care if people inspect me or know my skill points. You do.
  4. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

I don't need to ask.

And yes they lie, some want to troll others, are afraid they will get kick from the group after shouting for over an hour which happens anyway more than I can say or because others are looking for thoughs they know they can complete content with get this in there opinion so they ask in a timely matter(keeping it simple).

It is not personal it is a game, if there insecurity is that deep that it bothers you and/or them maybe there is a different problem with you/them that I doubt this game will solve.

If you don't want others to see your accomplishments what is the point anyway this is a MMO right.

We all want to get content done to get to the end game some want to slow grind it, others want to just speed through the game run it all and beat records or high scores there are role players who want to be there toon nothing wrong with none of that, until they start to ruin the experience for others to the point they quit playing.

If you don't want them to inspect you they already basically can in a generic form I do, even you did with they comment from your own response with the assumption that I was lied to when all I attempted to point out that players do lie because they too want to play which by having this will not IMO not restrict them at all.

Unless they are wanting to be carried.

Oooooooh I see, your thinking you have a person who has had that problem.
  5. Tre Day New Player

There's a reason why people care. It's not information that should be giving out freely, no matter how much stock you put into the amount of SP someone has. Like I always say: gear = survivability, SP = flexibility.

I despise liars too, but I also know that the community is so gung-ho in finding ways to exclude people from doing content that they will find any and every kind of excuse to do it. I can see why a person would lie about how much SP you have with the way people act these days. You say that you have no problem running with low SP people, so what's the point of knowing that player's SP then?

People who are for this idea are just as guilty as 'making things up' as the people they are against. Then again, that seems to be the same excuse people use for LOTS of things going on in the game. #parforthecourse
  6. Feenicks New Player

I'm accountable to only myself, not to you. My stats and SPs are my business alone.
    • Like x 4
  7. EP Ice Loyal Player

I don't know how many times we have to express this same sentiment to people but I will until they get the point that IT'S NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS!!
    • Like x 3
  8. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

If people are so concerned about their running mate's SP and CR why don't they just run with their league? That way they can know about skill points, combat rating, weapon mastery, will they need smoke breaks, compatible theologies, blood type in case of emergencies, all that good stuff.

If you're going to throw your name out there for a pug, you takes your chances.
    • Like x 4
  9. Feenicks New Player

I try to make sure that point is loud and clear each time threads like this pop up. But it IS frustrating at times.
    • Like x 2
  10. FameYack Committed Player

"I have a problem playing with liars"
    People lie to themselves if they think is Right to ask for SP as a tool for Exclusion,
    A woman never lies about their age, you just get a correct answer to a totally impolite question,
    If you ask for SP any answer is the Correct One, you don't have the right and is none of your busines to know,
    If you shout/request SP you deserve whatever comes at you, because you are not even asking what you want,

Inspecting someone is already Impolite but is tolerated by the community,
    i couldn't care less for the Gear but i totally Want to Be Able to check Styles :mad:

"How dare they allow people to play with people they want to play with" o_O what is this supposed to even mean?
    Nobody is stopping you, They say they want to work with experts but request SP;
    that's like saying i have the right to be with a Nice and Sophisticated woman but Shouting "i want a Model with an Expensive Dress",

Have you actually shout, "Expert looking for another Expert to Enjoy a Blast Game, PM me, i'll ask some questions and feel free to ask me ANY question to Test Me As Well"
    We can discuss any method to form an Only Expert Group, totally acceptable, but forcing my values into other people and saying that violenting their privacy is acceptable is just a Twisted State of Mind,
    "Because i Asked So", "Because it is my time" are alternate statments to "Because i´m full of myself and everything must be according to my will"
    "if people who have no sp are so strong, then why do they want to play with people with high CR/SP"
    That's not even in dicussion, you play with whom you want, you are just asking for a tool with total potential for Bulling and Violation of Privacy Issues, that's why the idea is being rejected in mass by the community except for some Twisted Like Mindsets

"if people who have HIGH SP are so strong, then why do they want to play with people with high CR/SP"
    None answer given has a relationship between what you ask (Insepcting tool) and what you get (Results = Get to Experts People) you are just assuming,
    Potential for Bulling and Violation of Privacy are not Asumptions, are FACTS that Comes with the Tool

That's excelent, feel free and proud to run with them

Ask and you shall recieve,
    Shout that you want to try Duo Kandahq with someone; search for knowledgable people in the forums, you can check how long they have actually being and the forums and how active they are, even check their posts and figure if you want those sort of people to be friends, then you can get recomendations, Check for Expert Players Videos and catch the names of the people they run with; try asking in LFG what you really want instead of SP (which is not what you are actually looking for)

Take pictures and post them, try the forums,
    You could request for An Icon that shows what range of SP you actually have based on a percentage of Feats Acumulated as long as it started with high % completition, like 80 or 90 %, people would just want to use that to be Bossy and the idea probably wouldn't go through though,
    • Like x 2
  11. Solmes202 Loyal Player

This is all based upon your opinions. I see no facts here. People play games for THEIR OWN REASONS. You are entitled to yours 100%. So are others. Neither you or I have any right to require people to "share their accomplishments" and only the narrow minded would judge them for choosing not to do so.
    • Like x 2
  12. Solmes202 Loyal Player

Outstanding point. When you pug, you should understand that you are likely going to get a broad cross section of player levels.
    • Like x 2
  13. Solmes202 Loyal Player

You are entitled to share all of your stats. He is entitled NOT to do so. Not sharing them does not a indicate insecurity. That is simply how you receive the message. He may be a much better player than either of us who is simply against anything that promotes exclusion. Or more simply he may just want his privacy. I share all my stats in my forum signature. In game if someone asks me I tell them it is private. I've been at this game since launch and I don't choose to answer to anyone regarding my cr, skill points or builds.
    • Like x 3
  14. Feenicks New Player

I'm not a braggart. I play to have fun. And I play this MMO because of the lore and the company of very good friends I've made. I love the social aspect of this game.

I don't need to wear my medals openly or have a shelf filled with eTrophies. I find that "need" somewhat insecure in itself.
    • Like x 4
  15. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

The only time the asking of SP should come into play is in a Survival Mode pug. imo
  16. SickoTheClown New Player

This would be just one more way for the community to be divided. We all know we need some more of that.
    • Like x 2
  17. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

I don't think I have disagreed with much that you have said in previous post IMO you do be pretty much spot on, but I agree, sort of to this and disagree.

People have there preference to who they want to run with having high SP will actually put players in the cool crowd but what happens when there mic comes on and they are heard with something that a group don't like will they get a pass or will they be out of the group?

Those that will 'make things up' really need to belong hence the struggle to show that whatever is a symbol of there skill level instead of something that is more visible, but eh to me having this is nothing to me because if they want to know I can always livestream it anyway so really it does not matter until your in a group where everybody is doing exactly what they are suppose to be doing and still cannot get the content done (perfect positioning and all that extra stuff just they are getting hit for more than there health will alot).

This is what you have there can I tweak this.
    Like I always say: gear = survivability, SP = flexibility,

Gear x Sp = Patience
  18. FameYack Committed Player

What is it you don't need to ASK "The Bulling Potential Button" or the SP?
    "ask in a timely matter(keeping it simple)"
    Keeping it simple means the faster way to get Results, you are not getting results ergo you are just "Getting it Wrong" INSTEAD of "Simple"
    It is not personal it is a game, Yeah, play it,
    maybe there is a different problem with you/them that I doubt this game will solve.
    None of this addresses what you quote, you are not reading,

"If you don't want others to see your accomplishments what is the point anyway this is a MMO right". You are not asking to see other people acomplishments and still NONE OF YOUR BUSINES, my Rigth of Freedom,

"We all want to get content done to get to the end game some want to slow grind it, others want to just speed through the game run it all and beat records or high scores there are role players who want to be there toon nothing wrong with none of that, until they start to ruin the experience for others to the point they quit playing".
    Excelent, SHOUT THAT!!! because it will get you closer to what you trully want,

"maybe there is a different problem with you/them that I doubt this game will solve".
    The tool is not created, so the ones who have the problem are you; I'm expressing my POV to the Changes that are being proposed which, as of this moment, have proven to be Morronic, in that regard, you just got it backwards PAL :p

"Oooooooh I see, your thinking you have a person who has had that problem".
    You are not addresing the issue, you are just proving the rest of the community how full of yourself are, how little logic you understand and how you have no way to reply a propper argument

"Unless they are wanting to be carried".
    The need for the Inspect SP tool only comes from a Need to Be Carried, it is asking: "Make it easier to form groups who can carry me for my lack of skills" / "I don't have the skills to form Efficient Groups, please carry me and make it easier to select elite"
    If you can't form groups then by no means you are an expert,

"which by having this will not IMO not restrict them at all"
    I have this gift,
    7. Thou shall not argue that because of our ignorance, claim must be true or false.
    9. Thou shall not assume “this” follows “that” when it has no logical connection.

And most importantly
    4. Thou shall not argue thy position by assuming one of its premises is true.

Your argument will not be completed without being able to justify that last sentence "IMO not restrict them at all", as long as it can be INCORRECT, all you have stated Falls Apart!!! :rolleyes:

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...and-refuting-10-commandments-of-logic.208702/
  19. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Right, so what if you do have a high or low number of SP if your only going to play with friends or league mates I agree and it does play into the social convo in random groups as well like even though it is small talk.

The need is your own accomplishment or goal for you we all have it or would have quit by now.

When a person tells another that they have 189.4 SP it makes the person feel good about themselves no matter how the other person feels.

So lets not kid ourselves we all want to have fun and to be the best.

Thanks.
  20. Feenicks New Player

I want to be the best I can, but only for me. I have no need whatsoever to prove that to others. Like I said I have no need (or want actually) to wear my medals openly. Self satisfaction is all I need.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.