Game Update 38 Launches Next Week!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiza Uzumaki New Player

u
    deleted all your toons?
  2. Kiza Uzumaki New Player

mepps if this is true then u did some horribly wrong lol
    • Like x 4
  3. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

Nope, while im using fury it doesn't do the damage I can do with out it. Same can be said for earth especially since reinforced is getting adjusted.
  4. ErnieB Loyal Player

Nice, I can't wait to go crazy buying Generator mods (finally have a reason to use some MoT), and I already got used to light on test so all i'll need is to adjust the rotation. SM will be a nice time killer (at least until DLC 11), though I still believe it should have weapon styles and base items (that can't be traded or sold to prevent any way of progression). But my only issue is that you're about to open Pandora box, Mepps. Monday you will start to see the QQ threads about how you said it be early next week but still nothing, then Tuesday begin the sub cancel treats. by Wednesday the "Believe in Mepps/Support GU 38" will start to pop up, and by Thursday people will remember it reset so they'll go do some raids or alerts to let off some steam. Not to mention starting Sunday, the people that never come to forums will start asking why they can't see SM, or "Did UD 38 happen already". Anyway just be ready for the avalanche. I know it is a very stressful job sometimes, specially for the guy in charge of dealing with us.
  5. GammaGreenLantern New Player

Let me clarify something for you, HL was the lowest hitting powerset pre GU 36 BUT with speed\clipping it could keep up with the top power sets.

Next thing I will let you in on is that the devs have stated themselves that HL, Rage, Celestial and Earth are supposed to be the top DPS powers so why don't you learn a little about the game and power set....
    • Like x 1
  6. Lacedog Loyal Player

i could see this being close to accurate with earth or sorcery, but i find it hard to believe with nature. add in electric next week and ill be patiently awaiting the dev team's findings.
  7. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I dont believe its true with Celestial or HL either and Remander showed just yesterday (2 days ago?) Electricity's isnt equal to WM either.
    • Like x 6
  8. Lacedog Loyal Player

i know man. benefit of the doubt. we all know the answer we are going to get in a few weeks when those numbers come out.
  9. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

Mepps, I like to call it as I see it. Right as Right and Wrong as Wrong, no bias ever intended. However, that is just something that anyone who has ever compared load outs and/or rotations can agree with. I would buy a year subscription to DCUO right now if you ran a raid with me and proved me wrong on that notion. Sure, I don't have all the exact numbers and facts that you have at your disposal but I do know what I see and that is no it. Maybe that's the goal but as things stand, that's nowhere close to what Live currently is.

Not only that, but results vary for most because every WM combo differs with their damage output. Sorcery is easily one of, if not, the most refined from it's changes and revamp and I will say that the damage gap between Fury and No Fury isn't as far as others. However, to say that is the same for Rage? Celestial? Earth? Nature? I cannot agree with that at all.
  10. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

I used fury alot early on but after trying some of whizz suggestions no its not close.
  11. Lacedog Loyal Player

12. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

Which is why I don't get how they thing other wise especially after remander break down.
  13. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

So when's HL going to get its revamp? Because a crappy placement of a weapon buff, pot added to a range move and having powers dubuffs changed is hardly close to a revamp. The debuff change wasn't even that necessary.
    • Like x 2
  14. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

Unfortunately it won't be the answers we want.
  15. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

HL players feel your pain. Although I'm feeling it twice since I was really wanting to switch back to electric.

GU38 power revamps are terrible and those responsible should feel terrible. (the words terrible can be said in Charles barkley's voice to add in some light hearted ness)
    • Like x 2
  16. BriWi Well-Known Player

Actually Awesome Mechanic wasn't erroneously dubbed by players, nor is it all that mysterious. We say Awesome Mechanic as short for 'Power Mechanic operating at the Awesome Execution Level' as illustrated in the charts here. Each power has multiple mechanics, but not all operate at that AE level, and since each power currently has or will have only one AM, it's easier to just type AM rather than specifying the mechanic in question. Don't mean to come off as nitpicking, but thought that would clear that up.
    • Like x 1
  17. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I've been using Power Mechanic as PM to be a little more clear. I understand the 'Awesome Mechanic' usage, but I still find it misleading. It was a source of confusion over the weekend when no developers were here to clarify the PM vs. WM debates. Many think that WM is meant to be used with all playstyles and AM is just a more awesome way to use it, but that was not the developers' intent of the power mechanics.
  18. xColdFront Committed Player

Celestial is just bad now.
  19. MARK2099 New Player

Any chance HL get a decent revamp in a few days? there were plenty of good ideas in WIP about HL yet not a single one has been implement (except leave chompers same which was not really something they work on it, well range p.o.t was a nice addition but was not really necessary, inspiration is good addition but bad place).
  20. Green Lantern New Player

I wish they would please do whatever they're going to do to HL and then leave it alone. Seems every time there's an update, something is getting changed with my powerset. Please, make up your minds so I can do my loadout and figure out my rotation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.