Ideas for new Powers?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by xVide0gam3r123x, May 29, 2014.

1. xVide0gam3r123x New Player

In DCUO'S future, what new powers do you think will show up in upcoming DLC'S?
    Try to use your creativity and make this thread entertaining. (There is a difference between Entertaining and Stupid)

Entertaining:
    EX: I believe the next power in DCUO will be the ability to transform into any animal (like Beast Boy).

Stupid (and mildly entertaining):
    EX: I believe the next power in DCUO will be the ability to get so high your character is invincible.
  2. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

Shadow/Darkness powers.

I made a quick compilation of possible moves and a unique mechanic (only spent about 1.5 hours on it so it isn't to be taken as is but more of an idea starter).

I've started making a few modifications and updates to it and I'll post it when I'm finished but I'm just taking my time with it.

Here is my original thread. https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...-ideas-could-be-a-controller-powerset.204807/
    • Like x 3
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Water, Atomic, possibly Wind, some kind of metal power, a healing lantern, and darkness/shadow. Look at the context clues in-game such as what the NPCs and bosses use and you will kind of get an idea of what might be in store for us.
  4. starbeet New Player

yeah it looks like they'll be doing blue light and violet light. love and hope both good pick for a healing light. (orange would be B@D@$$$ but would be hard to do, consuming enemies and using them as attacks)
  5. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

An orange lantern is the one I want to be (other than white but that one is OP) so I'm being reasonable lol.
  6. Ghostof91 New Player

Probably no where near now, I do expect a Magician Power set somewhere in the future based on Zatanna, we have Sorcery but I want Magician.

Here's my future prediction for powers from present to Future:

Magic based- Sorcery>Fire>Earth>Celestial>Magician>Water

Mind based- Mental> Mental revamp with Ghost tree

Tech Based- Gadgets>HL>Rage>Hope>Indigo

Misc Based- Ice>Quantum>Shadow>Weather>Electricity

Natural based- Nature>Atomic>Sound>
  7. Tye Hailstorm Well-Known Player

Fire Earth Ice Electricity are all Elemental not Misc. and Magic Based From what i see, and all of them would be Meta.

I want Wind, Battle Suit(Powersuit), Racial Powersets(Kryptonian, Amazonian, Martian), I would Love to see Shadow oriented Powers, Sound, a Pure Physical Powerset, a Generic Energy Based Powerset. Atomic, Water, Psyonic (Like Bunker from the N52 Teen Titans) there are more but i cant think of them all atm
  8. Ghostof91 New Player

There's nothing Meta about my magic based listings, Kryptonians + Amazonians = Earth or Physical futurisic Powerset, Martian Manhunter is Mental, Mental just needs some work to appeal more to that of Martian Manhunter and apparition like.

Elementals will fall under the Misc Based because they fit more than one category.
  9. Azrael New Player

So WOTL PArt 2- Blue lantern/ violet lantern- healing class: evidence- blue weapons, devs said new valentine event in 2015 will be violent lanterns.

hoP part 2- Possibly Atomic - tank class: npcs in game use radiation/atomic powers.

Not sure what power would be included in amazon fury part 2
  10. Biester New Player

Elemental: not like the elements fire, water, earth, etc but like the periodic table of elements. I think it would work best as a tank being able to turn your skin metal or diamond to act as a shield or boost your defense. Maybe use some of the gaseous elements to heal yourself or mitigate damage taken. Use some other elements for crowd control or things beneficial to the rest of the group.

I always sucked at science so I'm limited with ideas but I know there are a lot of elements that if controlled by someone could make some awesome superpowers. I also like the idea of shadow powers and it's almost a given that blue/violet lanterns will be a healer power eventually which is awesome because i have 3 toons with all of the 3 roles and my healer is the only one that's not a lantern. Not because I'm a huge lantern fan but because the lantern powers are the funnest to play in this game imo.
  11. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

The next power should be able to magically turn all PS3s into PS4s. Failing that - there will not be more powersets in DCUO, or maybe just one, which has most likely already been decided upon.
    • Like x 1
  12. DC-Doll New Player

Crayon power
    Unicorn power
    Muffin power

It's 5 am. Curse you insomnia
    • Like x 2
  13. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

Hey, all Mr. Naysayers & Mr. Doomsayers:
    Mr. Spytle said right now:
    • Like x 2
  14. Vyltran Loyal Player

Try using search engine next time...
  15. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

When did Spytle say that? That is absolutely awesome. We will have to wait until SOE live now before we get any juicy details more than likely.

EDIT : Never mind, I found the thread. Thanks for bringing this to my attention though.
  16. GodOfDamage New Player

No more lantern powers please
  17. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

Here's no way to avoid one more lantern power, since WoL will be each two DLC until PT3, & powers gave by streaks! Non-lantern power can't be in lantern DLC & healer role is skipped for lantern so you must streak another Healer power ideas, until trilogies end!
  18. GodOfDamage New Player

Here's some ideas

1.Physical strength
    2.kryptonian
    3.martain
    4.cosmic
    5.maybe have like elemental (might not be the right word) but where you control for say fire and ice
  19. Tye Hailstorm Well-Known Player

We have all...but Martian and Kryptonian
  20. Tye Hailstorm Well-Known Player

Martian Manhunter is a Biological Monster who controls his density along with Shape shifting abilities. His Mental powers are not what defines him, Hell Mental isnt really what martian manhunter is about since he can only read and Influence minds while mental im making psycho-Kinetic Hard Structures with my THOUGHTS something Manhunter has never done