DLC10 Themyscira Divided Alert

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Quixotic, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

can't help it I like correct grammar even if it is quoting someone else :p
    • Like x 1
  2. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

yea me too, I will do 2 DPS and 1 tank IF the DPS use WM and know how to mix it with their load-outs. But if their the few to refuse to change and use WM lol, then no I won't continue, I'll vote to leave (self-kick) or if they vote no I'll simply leave lol
    • Like x 1
  3. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

but in all honestly Im flexible, and I'll have a group shield ready BEFORE going in, and I'll be working on 1 while I'm in there leading up to the 1st sub boss, which I'll use 1 SC again IF needed, all while Im building on more :p

so I always have another 1-2 ready to go, specially for the final boss.
    • Like x 1
  4. ErnieB Loyal Player

I always start with a vit soder and when things get bad either use the Mogo trinket or supply drop, I don't really use the shield that much unless it with Circe and mostly when she jumps at someone or just when she's the only boss left and I want the group to just go nuts and finish her off.
    • Like x 1
  5. Mephisto Rapha New Player

I like the solos and duos in this DLC. Not bad with the Circe and Wonder Woman instances. On those, I only have one grievance. I mentioned this in the Arkham Asylum section yet, but it hasn't been resolved yet so...the hoplite and peltast enemies throughout both solos will sometimes register on the map and damage wise as moving and fighting while they themselves will stand still. So in otherwise, I end up fighting a ghost battle. Even the red dots on the map move to indicate that the enemies should be as well (Circe/Wonder Woman even respond to damage in accordance to the direction the map says they're in), but they don't move. I would find this discrepancy tolerable if the lock on target moved with the "Ghost Amazons" I'm fighting, but instead it stays locked to the stationary Amazon's position.

The duos set I was most impressed with. Not too long or difficult, even coming into it with the minimum CR and gear. I like that it's not too time-consuming (a good ten to fifteen tops if you're new). This brings me to my next topic.

Themyscira Divided. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. It's like Dox all over again, but with only 4 people. Our team is 1 troll, 2 DPS, 1 healer and this instance STILL takes about an hour or more (factoring in lags, freezes, boss wipes from the glitches, and the insanely high amount of health the bosses have). There is no reason why I should have to prepare for this alert the same way I'd prepare for a long trip (go to the bathroom just in case, fill my water bottle, turn on my away message on my phone, etc).

One glitch that I've noticed that happens quite often is that during the battle with the Satyr Trio, the arena while close properly. This may not seem like a big deal, but it is. Imagine fighting and you get close to the end of the battle when one Satyr lunges at you...maybe a little too far and out of the arena. Well then he's gonna reset. And not just him, but his brethren too. That needs to be fixed.

Here's another thing I've noticed. Not really a glitch, but worth mentioning. Ten-ton Takis has the abnormal overhead axe throw attack. It looks cool, but here's an issue I have with it. The initial throw causes a knockdown to pretty much anyone who's not a tank. Bear in mind that since all the bosses are grossly over healthed, there will often be tankless runs in favor of a second DPS. Now that's all well and fine, but here's the real problem with his axe throw. The vulnerability period ends roughly at the start of the axe's return trip, making it not punishable. The only way to punish this move is the be hitting an interrupt timed to hit a split second after the throw. But since it registers as a regular weapon combo, there's no warning that it's coming, making the Vulnerable to Interrupt status nearly useless. Also about this, he seems to be able to hide it into a combo. Because of his size, sometimes the feint attack indicator won't show and he'll throw it out in a melee combo at blocking players.

All in all, if I wasn't legendary, I wouldn't even find this worth having as is. The duos, solos, and dailies should be the bread and butter of any DLC and the alert should be the meat. But this meat's got too much cartilage and the bread is stale. 5/10...for now.
    • Like x 2
  6. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

Like wave? wave is semi short but its a pain solo Q-ing, and a hour or more wow really? I usually run in groups with 2 DPS, 1 tank, and me as troll. and the longest its ever taken was almost 40 minutes and that was on my 1st run.

Im premium and I buy every DLC only way to progress.

I do agree how ever about the duo's be very short and simple. I like the new DLC, granted there could have been more but with each open world solo there's multiple solo's with-in them like waste-land solo's were.

Oh P.S. T6 alert I have solo Q'd it every time besides the 1st time I ran it. Its that easy lol
    • Like x 1
  7. Mephisto Rapha New Player

^And here's the elitist we were expecting.
    • Like x 1
  8. Richy New Player

Can you guys please increase the drop rate on T6 plans & Focusing element 6s
    • Like x 2
  9. 1ndab0x176 New Player

Well most ppl in this thread just need to figure it out. In the league im in we always run 1 1 2. The 2 is always the same - DPS 1 troller and depending who is on the last is either a tank or a healer. Yes i wrote that. Yes it means we complete it w NO healer. If ur tank is rage, me btw, it can be done in under 30 mins w no healer or no tank u decide. The alert is fine and anyone asking for a nerf needs to man up. I say buff it more and add more fe6 drops
    • Like x 2
  10. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

Elitist? no I'm by far a elitist good sir.

I just see how it takes ppl so long in T6 alert. Or how ppl say wave is still hard. Sure its by far not the easiest content to run like say T1 but perhaps if you actually did it weekly, and beat it weekly as I do or or at least I try to run it every week dont get to some times lol

but point is more runs = more experience you'll gain.

this doesn't make a person a elitist, if thats the case then any and all T6 ppl are elitist :p as most to all have ran wave 100's of times and finished it as I have.

But saying T6 alert is like wave is crazy their in their own ball park, wave is short kinda but enemies have that health like what you see in a T6 duo.

TD that alert alone takes forever if your ALL new to it, but as I said only real reason it takes so long is enemies seem to have a mil health or something IDK their health. But its alot.

but everyone is different and has their own opinion's/experiences
    • Like x 1
  11. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

this ^

anyone who dare says T6 alert needs buffed either needs to stop playing DCUO or needs to get better lol
    • Like x 2
  12. Richy New Player

Hell ya man up eat you vetables
    • Like x 1
  13. Mephisto Rapha New Player

One, I never said TD wasn't easy. In fact, from what I see, nobody said that. Just lengthy. Which I have no problem with, but not everyone has the 45-60 minutes to spend on this ONE alert meaning i have to solo queue and not everyone is as lucky with that as you. Like just now. We did a league run with a standard team. No stops, no disconnects (that's a shocker) and it took us 56 minutes and 36 seconds. Now try to tell me that that isn't too long for one alert. And the number of marks for the work is unfair.
    All other complaints were legitimate grievances about glitches and discrepancies.
    • Like x 2
  14. Ogat New Player

See this got me puzzled even with PUGS on vilain eupc(the real pain in the behind pugs with no clue whatsoever and 30 sp) this alert doesn't take more then 25 minutes without skipping, and i have like one modded strategos piece, are You guys stopping for coffe or something? :eek:
    • Like x 1
  15. Fiaro Bowfire New Player

After playing the Alert multiple times, I feel it's a good alert but there are a few things that could change to make it better. Time wise it's been a usual 20-30 min run with going over the the sides. Boss fights are the real longest parts.

My first improvement would be to lower the dominance level from 1500 down to around 1200-1300. Most other alert and what not only have a dom level of 800 and from previous alerts have only increased by a few hundred. T3 was 400, T4 was 550, and T5 is 800... then T6 is now 1500? I know that WM has had a play but still.. that's kinda BIG increase. For the most part, when you get the highest teir gear, usually that covers the majority if not all of the dom if you are needing that amount. This is coming from a Gadget Troll that has 91 and 92 gear fully modded.

Second would be to Lower Circe's pounce shot as to most people it's almost a one shot kill. More advanced players have around 6-7k health and it virtually does that in one to two shots fast. I understand there's suppose to be difficulty to this but i've seen a lot of ppl getting one shoted by her. Not only that but it seems that she likes to send her Beastimorph on you at the same time which doesn't help. But that doesn't need to be changed as it plays a good role on the healer and makes everyone do their part.

Third is change the time it takes for the Harpees to spawn after killing the defence officer on each flag. They seem to spawn very shortly after killing them and usually most groups are still fighting mobs that seem to always spawn right under the flag. Either change the time of the harpees or change the group spawning positions as a lot of the time groups are right next to each other. It's very noticable on the Middle and western flags in particular. I saw they changes a few placements of groups to where you have to fight them in front of the gates and I thought that was a good move but please change the others so there isn't two or three groups of mobs next to each other please.

Over all this is a great alert but the HP on the bosses is a little much. I understand it's suppose to test our group performance and try us on what we're doing but the HP could be reduced by a little, not a whole lot though. I'd say reduce it 1/4 and it'll make the alert.
  16. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

If the tank range tanks Circe, she won't pounce on anyone but the tank ;)
  17. Mephisto Rapha New Player

No. We're not. Either, you and your team are OP, they made it easier on the villain side, there's no glitches on that side, or we're not both talking about Themyscira Divided. We had NO STOPS. 100% smooth run with no disconnects or freezes and it took us 55+ minutes. Maybe there's some kinda difference between EUPC and USPS. I don't know how you're able to do it so quickly.
  18. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

I've seen TD done in 30 minutes, and I've seen 1 poor group ( I really felt bad for them I came in very late) do it in 3 HOURS. If you dont have 30 minutes to an hour to do a T6a, I really dunno what to tell you....go do a TP??
  19. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

now I do agree the marks could be upped since we have 3 solo's worth doing, 2 duo's and 1 alert.

I dont count the iconic solo's because I've been a fan of those.

way I would have done it is:

iconic solo's - 2 marks

open word - 1

duo's - 3

alert - 8-10

but thats just me, as I dont have replays so I am only able to do each once per day so it takes me alooot longer to get the 92 gear then most ppl even some premiums who have a fat pocket and can buy replays all day long lol
  20. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

right, because 1 MoF I checked out of curiosity what 1 MoF would be in MoTs and its 1250.

granted as it stands I've only seen 2 ppl full 92 gear, but have seen/heard ppl shouting CR105 for "such n such"
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.