Help for Controllers Looking for Advice on The Role

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Darth, Jun 28, 2013.

1. ToxicAngelDE Dedicated Player

Darth is doing a great job in this thread! :)
    And most times the Dark isnt far away - two of the best sources atm to learn about the role!
    • Like x 1
  2. Darth Loyal Player

Thank you Toxic. That is a great compliment. I do my best.
  3. Lights Derp Loyal Player

Been away for a while but I'm back. Listen to Darths words he's one of the best controlling partners I've ever run with.

-Derp
    • Like x 1
  4. ToxicAngelDE Dedicated Player

nah, we have to thank u! ;)
  5. Silent Juice New Player

not a lot of people know this but vit and might is the better way to go because the extra might increases your recharge tick just a little bit its not a huge difference but you will notice it after a while. but then again its all about how you want to play
  6. Lights Derp Loyal Player

The math formula for instant power is (300*1.[vit])/3. Might doesn't effect the strength of your defib/recharge/empowerment at all....unless something has changed in the last month that I haven't seen.
    • Like x 2
  7. Darth Loyal Player

Thanks bud. Its been a while since we've ran though. Going to have to do it again sometime soon.
    Sorry bud, like my man Derp said, Instant Power gives (300*1.(vit))/3 assuming you have 3+ other group mates. Might has nothing to do with power that you put out. If you use that equation with your Vit it will give you the exact number your Instant Power gives.
    Nope, you haven't missed anything. Might doesn't effect Instant Power.
    • Like x 1
  8. Lights Derp Loyal Player

It'll be a while still for that bud. I'm focusing on healing full time now so my Controller has been gathering dust, I'll work towards gearing him and getting him ready in a few months when the DLC boredom hits and I'm waiting on Halls of Power lol
  9. Darth Loyal Player

Lol you'll have a bit of work to do to catch up when you get there. I just hit 2901 Vit and I already passed him on SP :p
  10. Lights Derp Loyal Player

Lol no doubt. But you know I'm always up for a challenge.
  11. Darth Loyal Player

I'll try not to make it too much of a challenge. I'm only buying my 3rd piece of 92 gear today lol
    • Like x 1
  12. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

Everyone is complaining that weapon mastery has broken the game, everyone for a different reason. Honestly I saw people dealing a lot of damage as DpS without making my life harder as controller. They use weapons and I can finally play as I like without too much stress. YAY!
    The only little problem is that now people don't need support roles as much as before, so it's hard to find a PuG as controller, but I don't complain. I think being a controller just got a little more fun :-D.
  13. Cyro Committed Player

Random question, i heard somewhere that after 1000 vit there is very little noticeable difference to increasing vit. Is there any merit to this claim?
  14. Lights Derp Loyal Player

Your ticks will go up by roughly a 7:1 ratio. So pretty much every 7 vit you can expect your pot tick to go up by 1. This will be needed later in the game with scaling power costs and large power pools.
    • Like x 1
  15. Darth Loyal Player

PoT actually increases by 1 every 14-15 ViT. Its roughly 14 PoT every 100 ViT. At 3125 base ViT my PoT hits for 288. There's a big difference between that and the 140 you have at 1000 ViT. The formula is 70*(1+Vit/1000) for PoT.
  16. Lights Derp Loyal Player

I knew my math was off on that one. I'm going to have to review my notes before I come to class next.
    • Like x 1
  17. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

[quote="Darth, post: 2559011, member: 303789" 3125 base ViT [/quote] is that the highest vit is atm?
  18. Darth Loyal Player

No its not. I still have a 91 face piece that I'll be replacing later today. My max as things stand will be 3130 Vit. That being said, I only have 163 SP. If I were to be max SP it would be higher of course.
    • Like x 1
  19. Lights Derp Loyal Player

If my math is right you're currently spec'd into 4, almost 5 WM trees. With the current sp max of 188sp you'll be able to spec into 6.5 WM trees total. So you're currently very close.

That's for a controller specing into Vit and getting all T1 controller innates. 84 sp for movement, trunk and T1, 79 for mastering (4.9 trees) 163sp.
  20. Darth Loyal Player

Very close bud. I actually have HBs, MAs, Brawlers, DWs and Shield mastered. 5 weapons and change on a hybrid spec that is missing some Dom T1s. Until I hit 170 SP and can master my 6th weapon (the bow) I have 6 SP in T3 DPS inmates. I have just under 1000 precision in my troll setup. The hybrid build I have is to max the Vit at the expense of some Dom. I think 1722 is plenty lol
    • Like x 1