GU36's Effects on PVP

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Brice Allen, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vinny Tireshine New Player

Isn't WM suppose to be an equal alternative to clipping? Hopefully the devs make good in that statement and not lie to us again

I hate how people talk about WM like its a requirement for dps... It shouldn't have any special advantages besides being more power efficient. Since the devs said that this is for the people that want to watch their pretty animations
    • Like x 1
  2. Brice Allen Loyal Player

lol...I don't even have to un-ignore the comments to know who that is directed to.
    • Like x 1
  3. warpax New Player

i think this is a transision period, and discussing it makes no sense. when they rebalance powers, add WM to the game, then test pvp.
    as i see gu36 is just step one in the "allmaster" plan. animation timings+jc removal. next is power balances (i hope), and finaly WM.
    what i think pvp will look after all that. i think the burst potential will be high if team is syncronized. if i remember corect there are some short combos on the list, and they might add more...so pulling of a double finisher counter combo with a crit might attack...or a sc...could guarantee a kill.
  4. ApocolypticShinobi New Player

Being that tunso said it would be balanced around 115cr its safe to say youll be gimping your damage if its kept that way. It was said on the livestream btw. This is obviously subject to change tho.
  5. Sarien Well-Known Player

I was checking in on the forums, saw this, and logged in solely to tell you that I still love you in the way only a giant monkey can.

Remember that always!
    • Like x 1
  6. Metrioned New Player

The change of block breakers, and soon to to be weapon mastery will have an affect on PVP

Like right now, with duel wield you can tap range over and over without getting punished. Its not insane damage, but its still pretty annoying.

One good thing though is that those john stewarts and two faces can't spam grenade in the back anymore!
  7. Spidersting Committed Player

I guess my party invitation got lost in the mail. :p
  8. Yallander Loyal Player

I don't have a forwarding address...where you been? :)
  9. Lucaefor New Player

Clipping is available to everyone (free players, premiums and subscribers). Weapon Mastery requires purchase of a DLC or subscription; make of that what you will as regards the integrity of the developers.
  10. ??? Well-Known Player

LOL
    As Yallander quoted, just because no one invites you to the party doesn´t mean isn´t happening.
    • Like x 2
  11. EvilSnake Well-Known Player

you act like they're dialing back current mechanics and ruining dps potential for people not eager to support weapon mastery o_O
  12. uXix Committed Player

I really like your signature Brice.
  13. Lucaefor New Player

Pay for it. But thankfully they have seen the light and are making it a standard update rather than DLC perk. Good job people like myself are around on forums trying to help the game go in the right direction eh?
  14. JTaroni97 New Player

As a celestial dps, update 36 is just making me feel like the risk of being celestial for scrimmages just isnt worth it anymore. These dovetails slowing a couple of powers down are going to make it even harder to get the burst damage out for kills in 5s. Also alot of people fail to realise celestial combos are vunerable to counter too such as smite - haunt (Blockable) and if you use 2 combos in a row, the second combo is always vunerable to counter thus making celestial an extremely risky power set to play, but when you pull it off with some good clipping it can be great. However with the new dovetails, i don't think the risk will be worth the reward, the burst damage just won't be there at the best of times, let alone if you get interupted.
  15. savageprime New Player

Maybe just a higher level of communication instead of a power spam fest. You may see a true range pvper who is running Wm and hitting critical supers. I can see more tactical less spam.
  16. PillowHands Committed Player

Wonder if WM will do so much damage that 5s return to USPS? What do yall think?
  17. Brice Allen Loyal Player

What is wrong with your current damage in 5's?
  18. PillowHands Committed Player

Doesn't exist. USPS does competitive 4s now. Guess you misunderstood me completely :(
    • Like x 1
  19. Giggles Loyal Player

@Yallander

Party or not, it's a very SMALL party, the kind of party people don't show up to, even if they get invitations. :)

@Thread

WM will not effect PvP much, especially with how much people block in PvP. :)
  20. Brice Allen Loyal Player

Apologies man. I indeed did misunderstand you. What caused the shift? Just one day guys decided to start rocking 4's instead?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.