WM Has Officially Kill The Controller Role

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Rox, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Rox New Player

I listened to the things he was saying, but if you look at his power you can see that a sparring target which does not give power frequently can keep him powered non stop. The day for 1-1-1-5 is near! I'm not QQ'ing as this will make my job easier if I don't decide to retire from controlling. R.I.P Controller Role.
  2. TheHeartbreakkid New Player

Lol. If 1-1-1-5 happens this game will truly suck.
    • Like x 4
  3. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

All the controllers who make power threads brought this on.
    • Like x 13
  4. Rox New Player

Not me :p
  5. ShadyMilkman New Player

Im missing something. WM was supposed to reduce power cost after a completed combo. Where are those HUGE chunks of power coming from?
  6. Radium Devoted Player

So making the group easier to power, people using less power, and WM making powers cost less will kill Controllers?

Isn't this exactly what trolls asked for? More room to do other things besides pump power?
    • Like x 27
  7. Poo New Player

From the sparring dummy. Idk what the OP is talking about. Sparring dummies give back power all the time.
    • Like x 14
  8. Radium Devoted Player

For one move, hes using like 2-4 in a row most times.
    • Like x 1
  9. SoulflyMike42 New Player

Controller role will never die. Even after WM there will be need of power regen. There may be solo trolling for a 103CR+ Controller but I believe there will still be 2. Now if there is solo trolling then im not looking forward to a 5th DPS. Im already annoyed seeing the 4th DPS barely in front of the Tanks or Trolls on damage out.

I believe after WM we will not have to spam recharge. We will be able to build SC and hit counter regen better. We will also have more power for ourselves just in case of need for CC.
    • Like x 3
  10. Rox New Player

Sparring Targets are Bad at Giving Power IDK what you are talking about
  11. Little Sister New Player

First off, to the video maker, take a breath, holy heck.

Second, it seems they buffed power back from Sparring Dummies to me. Unless I'm missing something ? Maybe I'm missing something.
    • Like x 5
  12. Poo New Player

*shrug*

I use the one in my base now. Is there a difference?
    • Like x 4
  13. Rox New Player

You forget this community doesn't care for controllers to CC except in AnB. If one controller can power the group the same as a healer can heal the whole group, there is abosolutely NO reason to run 2 controllers unless you just want to.
  14. ShadyMilkman New Player

This has to be the case. The benefit of completing a WM combo is reduced power cost after the combo completion. Im also not even sure if that benefit takes effect in DPS stance and might only be for the Support role.
  15. Rox New Player

Maybe it's the base sparring target, I don't have one. Maybe it gives more power than the WT/HoD ones as I have noticed the base sparring targets drops Aggro on you quicker than the others.
  16. TheHeartbreakkid New Player

In other words, solo everything is going to happen. The 1-1-1-5 is looking real.
  17. Dr Improbable Dedicated Player

Everyone was crying about giving out power, now we don't have to! Just push "up" on your D-pad. (I know you want to!)
    • Like x 1
  18. Rox New Player

Yeah DPS get a different buff. The guy in the video could be using the weapon mod that gives power back which is very useful for every role.
  19. Little Sister New Player

It still seems to me the video maker just isn't using a lot of power (except near the end of the video) so how is it killing Controlling ? Have you never seen a DPS use his power bar responsibly lol ?
    • Like x 5
  20. Rox New Player

(Fights urge to do it) WAIT! I have a tank alt. :)
    • Like x 1