GU36's Effects on PVP

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Brice Allen, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brice Allen Loyal Player

I'm curious but have they out right said they are going to be increasing the damage? I haven't seen that stated anywhere.
  2. Dirty Fred New Player

Yeah exactly like smoke bomb exept this is just gonna be 3 fast taps & as you said a smokebomb on steriods!
    • Like x 2
  3. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I do remember hearing that at one point. I'll try to see if I can find an exact quote somewhere. I'm pretty busy today so I may not get back to you right away.
  4. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I think, and I'm not entirely sure about this, but it isn't a drastic damage increase on the weapon, just am increase in the damage the next power does.
  5. CTEN Well-Known Player

Lets just keep implementing more and more stupid changes till we get to the point where the only way to win in PVP is to abuse whatever mechanic is broken at any given time.

Oh.... wait... that is where we are now... GU36 changes nothing it is the STATUS QUO
    • Like x 1
  6. Dirty Fred New Player

Have to correct myself...
    Just remembered that the third tap in WM is a range attack so this is what i fear will happen.

1 melee tap in air, second melee tap in Air then land the range aoe wep attack & the hardest hitting power attack on your opponents! (sorry for talking about WM here i know its another beast we have to tackle after GU36)
  7. Kamiboshi New Player

I can definitely see this happening. Especially since currently spin chop combos into dual flurry. I can just imagine the the QQ's after people get hit with an already hard hitting spin chop into a buffed dual flurry and then a buffed outrage or worse... photon. O the insanity. I myself will be happy to cast mass terror or a Cursed Divine Light lol:cool::) That is if combo powers receive the crit buff
  8. Eminence Dedicated Player

I am going to assume that the period between the update and DLC are going to be pretty slow paced in pvp, but should pick back up once WM drops.
  9. 478874 Dedicated Player

Perhaps this assumption is mistaken, but won't WM combos and their subsequent bonuses to powers all be capped by crit caps? And isn't the crit % and crit magnitude the huge allure to WM in the first place?
  10. Yallander Loyal Player

From initial information it is suppose to be 100% crit chance, but I'm sure the crit mag will still be capped.
  11. 478874 Dedicated Player

Yeah that's what I recall too, 100% crit chance. Though, is that universal to all combos or only the longer chains? Was that distinction even made?

Unless something is changed, crit % also seemed affected in PvP arena. See Link, per Shiny Mackerel and Sore.
  12. Brice Allen Loyal Player

The thought of having to use WM just to score a kill turns my stomach. Ugh...just ugh. If that is the case then it 100% shows WM isn't balanced with the rest of DCUO's combat. Which in turn kind of makes me giggle, SOE goes for a massive balance act then destroys all balance with the fact that you have to use WM to play effectively.
    • Like x 6
  13. No Aywok New Player

I've been trying to keep an open mind about WM, but I agree that it's starting to look like we're being "forced" into it.

Also, in regards to the Smoke Bomb comment, I shudder to think of someone whiffing air for 5 hits, then having a 100% chance to crit you for 8k or something with a power.

Then there's Penetrating Strikes... I see this being wonky for a bit.
  14. Eminence Dedicated Player

I can't wait to see the "balance" between using it and not using it, for people that dont have the dlc or refuse to use it. I dont know how not using it could ever add up to those crits we'll receive from WM.
    • Like x 2
  15. EvilSnake Well-Known Player

have no fear brice. soon we will have a convoluted attack system I will 9 tap hold to a power crit that will melt all faces.
    Weapon Mastery Melting so much face.
  16. Yallander Loyal Player

LOL...see this is what I find funny, that anyone thinks in organized PVP that they will actually get to 9 taps to do a high damaging finisher.
    • Like x 1
  17. Brice Allen Loyal Player

He was exaggerating on purpose Yziah ;).
    • Like x 1
  18. Giggles Loyal Player

@Brice

It will be like any other changes made previously to PvP, something new we all have to adapt to. I don't think this will hurt PvP in the slightest. It will improve on the variety of power sets we see in PvP. I also agree that electro burst currently is too good, and should be looked into. However this is not the first or last pass they will make on this update, and there are always updates down the line to fine tune any mistakes that are overlooked. :)

@CCBastion

I agree, and I LOVE your sig by the way. :)

@Yallander

"Organized" PvP is dead on USPC. ;)
  19. Yallander Loyal Player

I got that and was laughing at his comment as well as the idea of WM (based on the livestream) actually "working" in PVP.
  20. Yallander Loyal Player

Just because no one invites you to the party doesn't mean a party isn't happening ;).
    • Like x 12
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.