Creative Director Jens Andersen Reveals DCUO's Next DLC Pack, Amazon Fury Part I!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Spytle, Mar 19, 2014.

1. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Yea. I'm not saying it couldn't be done. It's just not their MO. So I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
  2. Lucaefor New Player

Yup. I knew what I was getting into when I chose Fire for my main, I figured it would give me more incentive to max it out. As for Controllers those Power Innates with a Reserve Tank and the movement mode power replenishing foot mods are pretty good.

Always wondered if doing that with mixed Vit/Power mods would end up with a troller being more effective overall than pure Vita specced. I might get round to doing the maths some day mebbe.
  3. BumblingB I got better.

They have been changing their MO since OC dropped. They redid the way loot was distributed then. So things have changed considerably. Actually might go back to HoF in terms of changing. A lot of it has to do with how to keep replay-ability in content and keep replays. T4 and lower was designed around a no RPB system. So the system had to change when that was introduced. They are finally zeroing in on it. The loot distribution in OC was horrendous. There was nothing for a majority of people to do to progress their gear. This was adjusted in SoT and further perfected in WotLp1. Lets see how the new tier comes out and we can enjoy it! They are doing a good job on addressing everyone's needs.
    • Like x 3
  4. Twincam Well-Known Player

Think this Might be the best DLC, just because of unattuned gear.
    • Like x 1
  5. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

You misunderstand. He was literally asking where exactly the 20% number you used came from. In other words, did you read something or see a post from the devs that said only 20% of the population could beat the OC content?
  6. Tura21 Well-Known Player

I know that many already asked about this but as I didn't see any oficial answer.... I would like to know if the unattuned Gear for DPS will be able to choose between Precision base and Might base....

Thx
    • Like x 1
  7. Drakonicus New Player

Oh sorry. No, 20% is randon number to represent a minority, is far from been close to zero, while still beein a minority,
  8. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

When he says it isn't mathematically possible, he doesn't mean that it would be very difficult. He means it can't be done. When a dev says this, I would listen. There are probably almost 15 minutes worth of cut scenes lol.
    • Like x 2
  9. Drakonicus New Player

Lets see. If you aways get loot, and assuming all the loot is unattuned, i going to guess...no
  10. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Sorry...but you're lying. Post a vid if that's true I'll apologize.
    • Like x 1
  11. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

NVM
  12. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

If they do decide to go that route and drop better gear from the alert, I would be ok with it ONLY if they released another set of vendor gear that is better than that gear upon the release of the next DLC.
    • Like x 1
  13. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Now that I have finally read through all 34 pages lol.....I am really excited to sink my teeth into this DLC when it releases. It sounds like a lot of fun and I'm very happy to hear about the gear drops being unattuned.

I'm also happy to hear that you guys are adding more Iconic missions. I really enjoyed those with the release of T5.

Question: Are iconic missions going to become a regular thing moving forward when a new tier is released?
    • Like x 2
  14. Critical Ebon New Player

This DLC looks great! Unattuned gear?!?!? Will this be game wide or just the T6 armor?
  15. Earth Mastery Level 30

So, no choice between precision and might gear with the unattuned drops?
  16. MercPony Devoted Player

We'll find out in due time. My theory is both will drop like DPS gear currently drops in A&B just will show as unattuned regardless.
  17. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It says in the description all Tier 6 gear will be unattuned.
  18. BumblingB I got better.

It probably will if only slightly. Then the gear in the Apokalyps raids will be the best.
  19. SuperiorMouse New Player

just a quick correction Jaf... it doesn't say that but people are getting confused.

it says t6 is coming and will continue to be sold on the vendors. it specifically says drops are unattuned. we can safely understand from that that the drops are not t6. t6 is the vendor gear and drops will be superior to rage gear but inferior to t6 vendor gear. and slightly better than vendor gear will probably drop in dlc11 raids.
  20. TheLoneLantern New Player

I think this is a matter of semantics. Jafin is (most likely) meaning that all gear that drops in tier 6 content (making it t6 gear in that sense) will be unattuned.
    • Like x 1