W.I.P. Combat Balance - Jump Canceling Solutions

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Spytle, Mar 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yallander Loyal Player

In traditional MMO's yes, but fighting games it has been a valid tactic used since the 90's.
    • Like x 7
  2. Green Lantern New Player

When is this going to go into effect?
  3. Vinny Tireshine New Player

Same here, I never understand PVE related Nerfs, who care if you got beat on the scoreboard... Try harder if you want that top spot, and be happy you cleared content
    • Like x 2
  4. Vinny Tireshine New Player

Prob next GU
  5. Xang New Player

I find myself more worried about quickly escaping from on coming attack more so then losing in damage. If we won't be able to jump cancel long cast time attacks to roll away what will you be putting in to make up for that? Nobody wants to bother with PD, Dust off and whatever Acro uses to escape. You can't quickly block and roll away the only thing that worked WELL was jumping up and rolling off to the side to dodge some attacks. Should we be forced to take those hits and just get killed or will there be more nerfs to raids that already have become jokes? I understand that you wanna move away from something but **** always looking at the damage and think BIGGER. Taking away one think one just effect one thing it will always do more.
  6. Pandora Demon New Player

100% damage will be thrown if full animation goes through. 75% damage is thrown if 90-99% of animation goes through. 50% Damage is thrown if 80-89% of animation goes through. 25% of damage is thrown if 70-79% 0f animation goes through. 10% of damage is thrown if 65-70% of animation goes through. 1% damage is thrown if 50-64% of animation goes through. No damage is thrown if animation does not complete at least 50% of the animation is completed. This applies to anything you jump-cancel. This allows at least 50% of all animations are followed through to at least get some damage, healing, etc. when jump canceling.
  7. SlipAncDC Active Player

You're all slowing the game down and you don't even know it yet.
    • Like x 3
  8. Dump Truck New Player

They do, they all play power sets that don't utilize JC. Scoreboard envy
    • Like x 2
  9. Vinny Tireshine New Player

I've come to realize through mostly pugging my way to cr100, that the average person that plays this game is just bad, really bad. People wearing incorrect gear, wrong mods and not knowing combat mechanics. These players do horribly and lose on the scoreboard to players with lesser gear and need to find a reason to complain and make excuses.

Maybe slowing down the game will be good for them, but chances are that bad players will still remain bad players even after all the "more traditional mmo" changes take place
    • Like x 2
  10. Zicorahk Well-Known Player

I wonder if people who play DCUO and SWTOR have a problem with playing a Jedi and a Sith considering they use light weapons and you can't jump cancel with that.
  11. Opamp Committed Player

I don't jump cancel in either - though I'm probably a minority from the experienced players.
  12. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Theres to many people in here giving feedback that have never even used JC and don't know anything about it and are just biased and want it gone. Then you have others that are mad cause they get beat by powers that take advantage of it and even though JC is not why they got beat its an excuse for them to point the finger and try to get something nerfed.

The devs are never going to get accurate feedback in such a negative place like these forums. This place is just filled with bad players who no matter what gets nerfed they will still not be any better but they still continue to cry for nerfs to try to take the edge away from good players, But someone good will be good no matter what. All these threads could just be closed and people could just learn the powers and how to play them and be fine. All the powers are pretty close dps wise except for 2 its all in the way you play them.

The devs need to stop catering to people that are not good cause doing so isn't going to help them learn. Maybe instead of nerfing things to quiet some people down we can teach them about their power and show them some tips, that will actually make them a better player. Nerfing JC or almost anything is still not going to make those players better and they will just find something else to complain about.
    • Like x 10
  13. La Shark Dedicated Player

Either speed up the animations and lower the cool downs

or

Add consumables with individual cool downs to clip more

I dont think the devs will do neither
    because these options would make WM look like Hellen Keller.

With all these sales so close to each other i wonder if their connected to sub issues. Sorry thats beside the point.
  14. Pandora Demon New Player

I know friends who still top on scoreboard without JC( regular bases). And I don't care if I'm lowest damage as long as I am near the DPS ahead of me. If you JC and it's nerfed deal with it. Clipping out of the power should be punished for several reasons: 1, Your Not doing the full power so, why would you do equal or more damage? That's like, you doing 50% of your job and get equal or more Pay for that work. 2, It'll just make you better. People always say, " Don't put all of your eggs in one Basket". This means if your as decent with clipping as you were JC you should be fine. 3, They're introducing weapon mastery. So, you should be able to JC this, too and get equal or more damage without doing the whole animation? That's like you splitting logs, but you're stopping the axe in mid-air, but you're still splitting the log. 4, you don't need JC. Like I said earlier, my friends still clip faster than JC will ever do( My friends and I clip like there is no tomorrow). This isn't about ******** Score Board QQ'ing, but is a matter of common sense, and preserving the devs work/recourses. How? Oh yeah they make all these awesome animations, but people don't care, they just want to kill half the animation. So, lets cut all animations in game so we could save more money and recourses for future things, because they don't care about 'em, they just want to cut them in half. 5, Finally, they said they were going to try to shorten animation times around: 1.25 seconds( Mepps Said this in a live stream, recently).
    • Like x 2
  15. Pandora Demon New Player

I doesn't matter if you get bored with the animation, you don't follow it through. So, why should you get full damage? Does it make sense?
    • Like x 3
  16. Flamelo38 New Player

This Will Be The Death Of DCUO. They Saying This Is All For Balancing. These Cancelings Is What Shows The Differece In A Scrub & A Great Player. If Srubs Would Learn How To Do Canceling They Wouldnt Be Crying They All Always Getting Out DPS'd. Learn Your Power And Master It Instead Of Wanting Hand Outs. They Should Just Throw This Out The Window And Call It A Day. Less Worring About This And Fix Things That Needs To Be Fix Like The Mic Bugs & ETC...
    • Like x 7
  17. Derio 15000 Post Club

Dont worry, WM is suppose to fix HL JC problems and make everthing better.

Me: Come get me when pigs start flying and I'll believe it.
    • Like x 1
  18. Ogat New Player

You're not getting the full damage in all of the cases except for HL Fan- There's only one tick of the damage then 3 seconds of channeling and doing nothing.
  19. Vinny Tireshine New Player

Not to mention that everything that HL has hits like a bag of pillows... It's main way of dealing damage was speed and lots of power.

Speed is gone....
  20. MrKappaKappaPsi New Player

Your sadly making the same mistake that others make that Jc is what makes a power better than another and will always beat other powers. Lets look at some examples.
    Gadgets: Jc is for fear gas..... ok if jc fear gas is the only thing gadgets has then that player is terrible. Its a mixture of all their powers and personal skill. Jc fear gas is not the true reason your 100k behind that person.

Hard Light: Jc Hard light fan..... again ok? Hard light imo takes the most skill to master. That's why when new players get on the forums and see people say oh HL is top dps blah blah blah. They believe they can do it as well and then I get in a raid with a 103 hard light player doing hand claps and doing arrow storms?????

I guess I just look at the game differently. When I see a power do well in Dps, I think to myself man what can I do to beat them.
    a. They were drinking sodas and it doesn't matter
    b. Their gear is superior
    c. I messed up my rotation.
    d. My power is flawed and can't reach that level of Dps in time.
    e. They are just better than I am.

the only time I've ever claimed (D) was with Earth. Even then I never asked for anything to get nerfed because I'm about power improvement as a way of balance not nerfing. Well I just hope the devs will sit down and play with these so called jump canceling evil powers :eek: and compare and decide for themselves what is necessary.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.