How to Encourage 2 of each role in Raids

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Heavens Sword, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Heavens Sword Dedicated Player

Possible Compromise to encourage Two Tanks, Two healers or 2222 without making content require it, Similar to the buff for not having roles in Alerts, give a buff for having 2 of a particular Support role in Raids.

Support Bonus:
    Two tanks provides defense buff
    Two healers provides small hot
    Two trolls provides small pot
    Two of each role provides damage buff
    • Like x 45
  2. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

This could work. They could also add something in where certain bosses will start to debuff people's defense when they stay near it for too long, encouraging tanks to switch in and out.
    • Like x 5
  3. Sore Steadfast Player

I like it.
    • Like x 2
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

The fact you are even finding ways to address this issue while everyone else runs around with solo healers and 3 trolls gets a thumbs up from me.
    • Like x 12
  5. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

They could also institute a system for PUGs where it starts the raid with your group, and if someone leaves the instance it will only queue in people for missing roles.

So, if you have (God forbid) 7 DPS and need one more, it will only queue in a Tank, Troller, or Healer.
    If you have a Healer, a Troller, and 5 DPS, it will only let in a Tank.
    If you have 2 Healers, 2 Trollers, 2 Tanks, and no DPS, it will only let in DPS.

Whatever the missing role is, it fills up to two of, and discriminates the queue based on role.

I know queue times are longer, but it will certainly encourage more pre-formed groups and more variety in roles. I also support the Support Bonus idea. I think between the two we'd start to see people actually learning their role and a lot fewer wipes in pugs.
    • Like x 7
  6. Heavens Sword Dedicated Player

That would be interesting to see in a future raid
    • Like x 2
  7. Mr. Ninjafeet Active Player

I actually think about it in the opposite way... if you want to encourage two of each role you have to buff the OPPOSITE bonuses. Two healers should give a global team power reduction (something small, like 5-10%), 2 Tanks should give a heal buff and two controllers should give a defense buff. Something along those lines. You want to encourage people to take the role that they don't need extra for so having a healing buff for bringing 2 healers won't address dps power consumption, 2 tanks should provide a natural defense buff of having an extra tank just for adds so a team defense buff would be less useful.
    • Like x 4
  8. Notangie New Player

Giving a buff in alerts for leaving out a role was a horrible idea. A buff for including roles & encouraging balance is a waaaaaaaaay better idea & this should have been put in the game instead of the alert no-role buff.
    • Like x 11
  9. X-zero Loyal Player

No bosses with enrage timers so people won't want more dps.
    Fix power cost so people would want less controllers.
    Don't make boss one shot as much but making them do a lot more constant damage.
    Make some bosses that attack the two highest people on the threat table.
    • Like x 5
  10. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Interesting, but usually groups bring the 3rd burner to help the burn, the power consumption is just something that came from that IMO, so adding the Buff to the damage would, could, assist with the said burn anyway.
  11. Black Star New Player

I like it but as above I think it should be a determent to not have the 2-2-2-2.
    Less than 2 tanks: Global defense debuff (not sure what would balance the instance more -20% or just a permanent red shield)
    Less than 2 Healers: -20 % Restoration debuff to all.
    Less than 2 Trollers (unlikely but, ok):-20% power pool to all.
    Less than 2 DPS (ok, this isn't really happening but hear me out): -20% Damage debuff to all.

Anyone saying..."Oh this new raid is sooo easy." Try it with 1 Tank and 1 Healer, you might like the challenge.
    • Like x 10
  12. Notangie New Player

IMO 2222 groups should get a damage buff and no buff for other configurations. The only reason people want more dps or trolls is to steamroll through content faster, so a 2222 group getting a damage buff would encourage balance.
    • Like x 7
  13. KidMidnight Loyal Player

nice idea but buffing us up when were already burning through raids in 15-30 minutes is not needed.

the answer lies in the devs creating content that requires it: easiest example would be two boss boss fights that requires each tank to aggro each boss and keep them away from each other. if the two bosses get close enough to each other they get a healing or damage buff.
    • Like x 2
  14. MCAZR New Player

Why encourage roles that people don't want to play?
    • Like x 3
  15. Magical Reset Committed Player

How about we don't fix what is not broken and let people play whatever raid setup they want?
    • Like x 2
  16. Green Lantern New Player

If you want two tanks use two tanks. I'm not sure why people keep trying to come up with ways to force it on everyone.
    • Like x 7
  17. Derio 15000 Post Club

Yes, i support this.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  18. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Bonuses for balanced makeup, yes

Small penalty for every role you take away, yup I'm in for that to
    • Like x 6
  19. TheHeartbreakkid New Player

Plus one.
    • Like x 1
  20. IPlayZelda New Player

I don't see what the big appeal of two tank raids is. They should work to make dps appealing because that's where most of the player base is.
    • Like x 3