Winter Ward needs to be fixed!!

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Mal Ice, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Mal Ice New Player

Winter Ward used to do damage from teammaes getting hit which made it an amazingly good move for DPSing. Now after the update, there are no damage procs coming from group members in DPS stance. This needs to be fixed and brought back to its original standing. It was what really made Ice a competitive DPS.
    • Like x 17
  2. Mal Ice New Player

Also, Bitter Winds still does not apply the Frostbitten PI as the tooltip states.
    • Like x 4
  3. Sir DitzyDerpington Active Player

punishing enemies for attacking my alllies was one of my favorite abiliies and winter ward put a hurting on bosses, i'm suprised that this change didn't get more attention
    • Like x 3
  4. Kevington New Player

Wait, what??

I didn't realize that Winter Ward got this ninja nerf-- it's been part of my dps loadout for ages. Boo!
    • Like x 4
  5. Mal Ice New Player

I concur, it needs to be brought back to its previous standing. Hopefully they buff it back up as it was one of the BEST moves we had. It still does damage in Tank stance, just not in DPS stance. So more than likely it's just a glitch.
  6. Damien Wynter New Player

I can't quite tell for this because the new animation is huge, bright and covers almost my entire screen. I thought it may not be doing damage from teammates being hit during a duo and switched back to Reflection (after trying Shatter Restraints... neither of them are as good). It should be looked into and brought back to its former state if it is not doing the additional damage anymore.
  7. Mal Ice New Player

Well, yes, the new animation for Winter Ward is quite gaudy. But Shatter Restraints is a decent substitute at the moment as it gives the PI with Frostbitten and still provides you with an immunity. So that is what I'm currently running instead until they buff Winter Ward back up.
  8. Chequered New Player

Hotfix Winter Ward please.
  9. Chequered New Player

Applying Frostbite is very inconsistent in general and depends if your target is blocking, immune or controlled.
    Bitter Winds has always applied Frostbite and it still does, the visual effect is still there. The problem is that Ice Field won't show up if your target is blocking or immune. Both things need hotfix, but you are supposed to post one bug per thread.

http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/bug-ice-field.1784/
  10. recespieces31 New Player

BW has always applied Frostbite, even when the tooltip said it didn't...If your thinking of the Icy Field, BW doesn't cause that, it only sets enemies up for that by inflicting Frostbite
  11. Mal Ice New Player

As far as I can tell, Bitter Winds does not apply the Frostbitten PI. I have tested this on sparring targets numerous times and yes it shows an animation for the PI but you can not root or encase from Bitter Winds and it does not give the DOT field. It didn't apply an actual Frostbite PI before the update and still does not.
  12. Mal Ice New Player

Also, I Tank fairly often and have noticed this in raid settings as well. Bitter Winds is not giving any sort of PI period.
  13. Radium Devoted Player

Just found out today.

Damage has been severly nerfed with this, looking at well over 50% loss.
  14. Radium Devoted Player

I just tried BW out with all powers that give the new aoe. All of them worked for me.
  15. Mal Ice New Player

Maybe it's just me. I'll look into this.
  16. Kevington New Player

Eek, the last thing ice needed was a nerf.

Devs, can you take a look at this?
  17. Dump Truck New Player

this would completely break PVP if fixed. We would be back to the days of one controller and 4 ice dps in a 5's group. Hellz no.
  18. Kevington New Player

Lol, no. It would do no such thing. And isn't PvP already broken now that it's Pokemon Arena? And really, it didn't reflect back THAT much damage.
    • Like x 1
  19. Mal Ice New Player

You, good sir, have no clue what you are talking about. PVP is broken no matter what. If you want a balanced PVP experience go play Legends. But that is not the point I'm trying to make with this thread. Winter Ward should not shield teammates but we should still get damage from them when hit. It was Ice's best damaging move now completely unusable. And as I stated before, it still gets damage from teammates in Tank role.
  20. Dump Truck New Player

No, no you are wrong. You sir have no clue. Or you have a very big clue and you are trying to pull a fast one by playing coy.

Winter Ward was ice's best damaging move prior to you inheriting all of your new dots to be more like fire. Moving it back to the former would make ice rediculously over powered in pvp - much more so than having your reflect back in DPS stance. If they gave you this back, they should take all the dots away to be balanced.

I know more than you (both) been here longer than you both and can tell you, "Keep dreaming - it will never happen."

EDIT: BTW We are wrecking 5's groups running 4 ice dps and one troller at the moment you are typing this... still not strong enough yet? Your nerf is coming.