Winter Ward needs to be fixed!!

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Mal Ice, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Radium Devoted Player

There was only one DoT added with the update with very low base damage, it is an aoe as well.

But I do want to hear what the reasoning is behind the assumption that its OP. If it had a stacking effect between groups I could see it, but when one is hit then another one will override it.
  2. Kevington New Player

Thank you. Dump Truck's misinformed, sensationalist take on this situation isn't helping anyone.
  3. Massah Committed Player

+1 The Shields did not stack with multiple players using Winter Ward before and they were not really a shield for teammates it was just a visual effect to let you know that you could get damage off of them. I would be glad to see Winter Ward brought back to being a viable DPS move.
    • Like x 1
  4. Kevington New Player

Have the devs stayed totally silent on this issue?
  5. Mal Ice New Player

I am honestly under the impression that under most circumstances they do not care. Though it would be nice to have it back so I can stop running resonating gale.
  6. Chequered New Player

Don't forget it's weekend. I imagine we can expect some kind of response during the week, but if there won't be some sort of hotfix by the end of it, then it may seem this change was intended. This change was a big game breaker for me, because Winter Ward is one of my favourite powers. I love how you can dps with Ice and was close to switching powers but then I realised I haven't dps'ed any raids yet, since the game update went live. So I decided to make a new loadout without Winter Ward and it was still fun out dps'n Light users, so I'm going to stick around with Ice to see if we can expect more work on the powerset. Other than Winter Ward fix I would like to see new vfx for Wintry Tempest and Resonating Gale, they can copy Ice barrel vfx to make new Wintry Tempest as far as I'm concerned, that would be awesome.
  7. TrueMarvel New Player

If it were fixed wouldn't that make you guys even more OP in PvP? just asking. DOn't know much about Ice, so I won't pretend to understand it.
  8. BRUDHAWALT New Player

they need to attack you....... to set up frostbite
  9. Mal Ice New Player

This still equals a poor mechanic in our power interactions and should be looked into.
  10. Mal Ice New Player

I did not post this thread for PVP implications as I prefer to focus solely on PVE but there is no possible way this would be "OP". All I'm asking for is to make this damage move viable as it was before the update.
  11. BRUDHAWALT New Player

umm its a shield what do you want it to do?...... inflict icy field on everyone upon use?
  12. Mal Ice New Player

No, I'm saying it should always inflict frostbitten period. Not the new Icy field DOT.
  13. Mal Ice New Player

Also, I have noticed I have been having trouble encasing things while I'm Tanking. This is not a Dom problem as I am well over the necessary requirement and I am setting up the normal power interactions. I'm almost certain that this is some form of bug brought on by the update.
  14. Massah Committed Player

So you were wrecking 3-Nature DPS 1 Nature Healer and 1 Troll as a Pre-made before they addressed the Swarm PvP damage - because I am finding that hard to believe but then again if what you are saying is true then Nature's Swarm should have its damage brought back up to counter the effect of ICE DPS being too strong in PvP content so things remain balanced. (Yes I'm being facetious)

Ice's Winter Ward used to improperly grant a Group Shield - visually although from what they said in the update preview it was not actually giving a shield. In Tank stance Winter Ward still delivers damage off of teammates being hit so are you asking or that to be removed for PvP balance as well. As they were not asking for a group shield but just that it reflected damage back as it is still doing in Tank Stance. (Which if one wanted to just run PvP DPS gear in Tank stance Winter Ward is there without the 50& DPS Buff - unless they Ice Armor up and switch roles to retain buff for 60secs.....if that has not been fixed as the thread was removed)

I fail to see how this mechanic is any different than Sorcery's Bad Karma - or Boon of Souls - Boon of Souls does provide a shied and it reflects back damage. With Bad Karma if there is a Circle of Destruction down you take damage over time which hits harder then Ice's DOT AoE frostbitten damage field.
    • Like x 1
  15. Statman New Player

I believe in the Fire and Ice preview, it was actually talked about how previously Winter Ward was not intended to place a shield on other players, just yourself . They're talking about Winter Ward around the 24 minute mark, here's the video. There's no explanation other than that though.
  16. Mal Ice New Player

Very well put Massah
  17. Mal Ice New Player

I'm quite aware of this podcast. It was said that Winter Ward was not supposed to give a shield to groupmates but they said nothing about taking the damage component away in DPS stance. This being said, the Storms tree is so much better than the Cryogenics tree now with the advent of this unnecessary Winter Ward nerf.
  18. Statman New Player

Yeah fair call. I guess I did kinda skim through the posts (read over them quickly).
  19. Kevington New Player

Devs, can we please get a word on this?
  20. Mal Ice New Player

It would be nice to get some feed back from the devs on this.