Winter Ward needs to be fixed!!

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Mal Ice, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Kevington New Player

So, any update?
  2. recespieces31 New Player

BW does inflict frostbite on enemies and it has always inflicted frostbite even when the tooltip never said it did...enemies have to be in range when you use the power and they do not have to attack you to get frostbite...I have no problems on my Ice Tank...I will use BW for frostbite, then use Freeze Wave and get Icy field no problem
  3. C Falcon Active Player

As Recespieces31 said it was only a tooltip error. BW has always applied FB and you have never needed to be attacked for enemies to gain the PI (kind of hard to even tell if you weren't looking for it in the past... you had no reason to). From my understanding FB and Ice Field are a bit glitchy and are not inflicted on enemies under certain circumstances such as having CC immunity and most bosses unless that has changed. This is something that I have meant to test but currently I am only playing my nature toon.... Yeah, lazy I know.
  4. Mal Ice New Player

It wasn't doing it properly on my character when I observed it on sparring targets and also in raids. It was not an issue of range because I melee DPS and Tank therefore I saw something wrong. It has since gotten better as it does work with Resonating Gale in DPS stance and Freeze Wave when I'm Tanking noticably now.
  5. Mal Ice New Player

I will have to test and see if they might have ninja fixed Winter Ward in a duo with a friend but I doubt they have. Strongly.
  6. Mal Ice New Player

After looking at it a little more closely, in Tank stance, Winter Ward puts a damaging aura (similar to the Chill Effects visual) on teammates. It doesn't do this in DPS stance which makes me wonder, why? This makes it the only move among the tanking classes that behaves differently between the 2 roles in terms of how it goes about putting out damage.
  7. Kevington New Player

Devs, any news here?
  8. King Nero New Player

i will put it like this: for the power that is needed to cast winter ward is to much for no effect of replying damege from teammates, so for this shatteir restains is much better because it use less power and not so many power points is needed to get it. It does same this now winter ward=shatteir restrains just you need more power point and power for winter ward

so my conclusion: why not give back winter ward as it was?, ice is crap as dps anyway so at least give damege to enemies that attack 3 party members and yourself back

you get only twice reflected damege to enemie on yourself not other 3 teammates atm, im not asking to add something, but to put it back as it was. no need to put any shields on teammates just to get 2xhit from 3 nearby teammates and yourself if any enemie hit them.

i hope you do fix this, because ice is still **** dps

ps: tnx for ice bash :) best power now, because you can clip other powers with it now :)
  9. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I thought I noticed some small might numbers using Winter Ward the other day. I had only been using it for the Damage Modifier before casting Wintry Tempest, so I surprised to see might numbers in a location where I hadn't cast ... maybe this has been fixed?
  10. Mal Ice New Player

Well, I used it in my loadout both before the update and after. Before the update it did 3 procs of damage from yourself and 2 or 3 procs of damage from whoever received your "shield" (up to 3 teammates). After the update, it only does 2 procs of damage from yourself in damage role which is quite lackluster but they didn't mess up the immunity aspect of it so it'll have to do. But to answer your question, no they haven't fixed this. I assume this is "working as intended" sadly.