Rage?! - Odyssey

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Cold Fuzion, Jan 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HHAAZZEE New Player

Why shouldnt powers that take more work to use reap better rewards? Where would you all have it nerfd too? The point where there is no pay off for the extra work? Leaving the less skilled players with the prec powers even further behind everyone else and leaving the skilled players thinking what is the point of the extra work if its for nothing? Or the point where the less skilled can just about keep up with the might based powers but the skilled players with HL celest and rage still beating everyone anyway? Wouldnt you still be crying nerf then aswell? Where do you draw the line? Shouldnt the actual might and prec stats be the thing thats getting balanced instead of nerfing everything? Why not the likes of elec earth and fire for example being brought more inline with other powers instead of nerfing everything else? Are you just a terrible DPS and think because a skilled player beats your damage means their power needs to be nerfd? Personally I can keep up with if not beat skilled HL celest or rage DPS and keep within a respectable margin of even the most highly skilled DPS in general who happen to be using one of these 3 power at the time so I cant see the problem. They may need some tweaking here and there but not full on nerfs by any means, like I said other power need to be buffed not these 3 nerfd. Get your priorities straight people its not even like who comes top of the PVE scoreboard is even close to the biggest problem in this game...
  2. Ogat New Player

And here's a vid of a Rage dps blocked quite a few times during the fight, you guys are right He was in such danger and it's such high risk. And the dmg is so crappy.
    • Like x 4
  3. Zpred Dedicated Player

Lol, that's just farming numbers, I'm sure your only suppose to kill 2 Lexes :D... There isn't high risk in a raid that's been completely nerfed when your over geared :D.

Had the same thing from another dps in paradox and OP 2 once, completely just farming numbers regardless of objectives, and he was like... Ohh look at my damage lol
  4. Ogat New Player

Said no dps ever.
    • Like x 2
  5. Zpred Dedicated Player

What?
  6. Grid Ion Committed Player

Tank to dps : "Hey lets go for Professor and future first."
    Dps to himself : "yeah eff that. Im just gonna burn all four of them down :p"
    • Like x 1
  7. Grid Ion Committed Player

To be exact. 6 times blocked and 2 times stunned. But np still doubles the dps of the other guy and didn't die once ^^
    • Like x 2
  8. Zpred Dedicated Player

Oh right yeah lol, sorry... Moment.. :D
  9. Ogat New Player

No powerset has true single target rotations, there's always an aoe element present so the "Objective is to just kill 2 lexes and dont farm numbers" is kinda sorta lol.. Not to mention he would have spammed outrage on 1 boss as well- more targets just makes the dmg seem that much more impressive.

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't this whole high risk high reward garbage used to justify berserkers dmg over and over and over again in this very thread? How about all the nonovergeared 70 sp rage alts with stupid low gear beeing able to this as well? What about them?
    No powerset posses the ability to effectively double it's dmg per second for 24 seconds, no gadgets going in with cryofield will not magically double it's dmg per second, Hl is already whipthrashing and still fails painfully short combos like NCN or their evolutions will not effectively double a HL's dps the list goes on and on.
    • Like x 1
  10. Jaye31987 Well-Known Player

Just becase he double people with rage does not mean anything. This could have been a pug grp. He could have been full lv 90 and everyone else with blue gear. I myself have x2 x5 even x10 ppl dmg with other powers such as fire, but those people tend to be pretty bad. As I mentioned, pick a boss fight where there is one boss or 2, and watch how the damage will be spot on with the hands of 2 equal skill players. Actually I would even live stream a top rage dps vs a gadget via ps server.
  11. Zpred Dedicated Player

Was trying to see what the other dpses were doing, by the looks of it the HL dps was doing ram snap,fan, grenade, not very high end rotation, that's a big damage loss compared too fff or just going in there and doing melee, claws/hold,whip,ram,whip repeat etc.

Then I think I see a nature dps, doesnt really stand a chance anymore in there against fast burst.

Not to sure what the other dps is/was doing.

Outrage is a strong fast power, not OP, I think where lies the problem I now believe in rage in general, beserk, a very very good/strong super charge, the duration lasts too long, and due to the speed and buffs of rage, the sc replicates a lot of damage on enemy/s in the surrounding area, that can be a lot of damage.

I've replicated the OP video many times in different senarios and instances, in AnB out of about 10 runs trying to do this in there on 1st/last boss... Well I managed to pull it off perfectly 3 times out of the 10, the rest I was just getting killed easily, regardless in front of them,behind or side of them, it's very difficult. Doing that in nexus now.. You might aswell compare it to fos 3 lol, I still think we can't really use nexus/para as a real testing ground anymore due to the Nerfs and gear we have. Sort of reminds of the days of GOT with HL and whirlwind dervish :D

Jokes aside though, beserk does need tweaking, if it be shorter duration, or a 100% super, oh and the prec buff stack with ferocity and bloodlust, regardless how short ferocity lasts.
  12. Zpred Dedicated Player

Sorry I was replying, yeah I just mentioned that in my last post :)
  13. Daemonic Visions Committed Player

Guys need to listen to some points to CrappyHeals.

Melee + Berserk + Luck = Win.

That is what the video is supplying.
    I've done pretty decent damage with Retch + Dreadful Blast, but Outrage is a VERY high reward and only key timing and know-how can give the video in which you have watched. Odyssey is known for their ability to be above expectation, so saying the norm can be at these top numbers is going into a bit of an exaggeration.

Doesn't matter how you complain Rage is OP, fact is, even if they toned down Berserk and Outrage, even Dreadful Blast, your going to get decent numbers if you know what you are doing.

Only Con I would say is that that Rage is knowing what you have and know it's limited, but giddy in what it can do. There are other powers I see that could use better touches, but this thread and replies will only deal with the 2-4 main issues that makes it awesome, but some players don't understand, even when it is toned down by popular demand, there are other parts that need love and it will only get ignored because of the venom others have.

I really despise posting in Odyssey Threads such as these, gives me lack of character. Seeing 16+ pages, and mostly due to this video, plus there is so many problems that it is showing, a proper debate with this issue seems quite daft.
    • Like x 1
  14. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

I don't get all this rant.

I haven't seen yet more than a few DPS's going melee and you need to be overgeared for doing so. Also, people constantly keep comparing ranged combos against melee combos, which is a huge mistake.

What happens here is that after a year of ranging DPS now melee is back to town, and the first guys starting to doing so (like I show in my videos) look to be using an OP power, which may be for rage, but we can't know yet until other good dps start meleeing too with other powesets.

I did paradox full melee more than 3 times now (average deaths 1 or 2 per raid), so now it's time for other powersets to start meleeing too. Is time for HL to go FFF and SK007 again, is time for gadgets to come back to spin chop and cyro field, etc. When more people start meeling then we can compare, and then we can have a more solid opinion about what is OP or not. But now, comparing the damage out from players going melee against players going ranged is simply wrong.

My two cents.
    • Like x 4
  15. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

Also, regarding the Ody video, The difference between a good ranged DPS and a melee DPS is not that huge. In this video we were going nexus just 2 DPS, one gadgets and me (Rage). The gadgets is ranging and I was meleeing. The difference, is not that big even though I was meleeing. Being a good or an average DPS matters a lot when it comes to comparisons, and many people seem to like comparing apples to oranges.

• Like x 1
  16. Zpred Dedicated Player

I agree with this, after a year of going range (which isn't always the strongest way)in what was hard/challenging content in say... Less geared.... People are now comparing damage in higher gear in a lot less challenging content then it was before.

It's hard to test, now we can melee I'd like to see "genuine" dps melee on different powersets and see what they can do.

Would of been nice if they never nerfed nex/para and we could do a real vs, melee vs range, melee vs melee, power vs power etc, with the gear we have now.
  17. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Every time someone says anything involving op in this thread should just have this posted in reply to them lol
  18. Zezimar Committed Player

[IMG]
  19. Fools Fire Loyal Player

But...but...by the time I got the meteor in my hand it was all over.
    *looks down and kicks ground*
    I don't want to play anymore. :(
    *shuffles off home, taking my flaming ball with me.*
    • Like x 3
  20. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

I really wouldn't doubt that HL can keep up with rage if you took berserk out of the picture. But berserk.... berserk man...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.