Base inventory organization

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by The Kitsune, Apr 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tygerfyre Committed Player

Really? Still nothing on this?

On top of alphabetical, please consider adding "already collected" flags like on the Collections. Also, what about an option to organize the items by classification/set name?
  2. PUTREFACTUS New Player

I beg you SOE... Alphabetical order, please!
  3. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Lame... still nothing. has this been fixed yet and added into the new Game update? such a small problem can't be that hard to fix?
  4. Thedumme103 Well-Known Player

I really hope this gets fixed. I, myself, have a large quantity of base items and I love to organize my bases to look good. Sadly, having to look for my items through a random mess of objects gets annoying after a while, it must have been nice when it was in alphabetical order.
  5. Anak Panah Well-Known Player

Two and a half months since my report... *sigh*
    This is really a bad usability issue. Ultimately it may lead to people not caring about their bases and that would be a pity, wouldn't it?

P.L.E.A:S.E. fix it. :confused:

AP
    • Like x 1
  6. Quick Fire Active Player

This is sad really. More than three months since we've had any communication on this. And its probably been twice as long since the problem originally surfaced. I don't profess to know anything about coding games so I don't know if what sounds like a simple alphabetical fix is actually simple or not, but come on!! Six months!! SOE/DCUO should be embarrassed by this. This is the small stuff that matters to the community that gets overlooked for way too long. In this time we have had two new dlc's release, countless fixes to Paradox and Nexus and who knows how many hot fixes. Fix this!!!

Edit: For the record, I'm not a "New Member" I've been here since launch. I just don't post often.
    • Like x 1
  7. The Kitsune New Player

I find it really very sad and deplorable that this has been going on since April 27 when I made my original post about it. Now add to that on July 8th that Mepps stated oit was being looked into and here we are November 14th and nothing yet. The more time passes the more that it seems that the Developers do not care about this issue. DO you Developers even care about your players?
    • Like x 1
  8. The dark knight New Player

What kind of information do you still require after more than six months to fix a simple issue?
  9. Tygerfyre Committed Player

Assuming this is some kind of DB lookup, and you're currently doing something like:

SELECT * from tblBaseInventory
    WHERE userid=x

....would it be so hard to add:

ORDER BY ItemName

to the end of the query?
  10. Powerman New Player

my base items do not stay visible in my base, I find I have to place them all again if I do not log into the game after every game update...
  11. The Kitsune New Player

SO game update 32 is going to test server and still no word on when this will get fixed. Come om People. I realize it is not game breaking but to have taken this long to correct is atrocious.
  12. nogimmick New Player

this has been the biggest thorn in my side ever since i started to take decorating my base seriously many months ago. i have to agree....it's pretty sad that they can "fix" things that don't need fixing (adding mayhem to the vault...gosh, thanks for that...) but something as seemingly simple as this, NOTHING??

if i was in charge, someone would be caned over this.
    • Like x 2
  13. Quick Fire Active Player

Another month gone by and not even so much as a "hello nice to know players still care about this topic" from a dev or mod. For shame.
  14. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Bump... SQL on page 3. Pastey pastey
  15. sayow55 Well-Known Player

I understand there may be problems that take a lot of time to fix,but, this seems like a quick fix that a lot of people want. going on since april! c;mon devs it's dec!
  16. sayow55 Well-Known Player

why yes adding jokerbots in the vault was necessary!!! LOL
    • Like x 1
  17. Slicknsly New Player

why in the world it ever changed towhat it is now is beyond me and just plain stupid
  18. Anak Panah Well-Known Player

I have asked that myself many times since this is not the only case that good stuff or fixes disappear with later updates.

A few examples:
    * The base inventory list being initially sorted alphabetically, but now in chaotic seemingly random sort order
    * The in-game mail form accepting "normal" PC commands like <enter> and <tab>, not so anymore.
    *The "dull" open world citizens standing in corners and in other places like in the water and generally often behave like mindless alien-controlled vessels. This was an old issue fixed some time in 2012. It resurfaced after an update in 2013.

My very guess is that the devs have a very bad code version management software or the whole code base has grown so chaotic over the years, that nobody has an oversight which fixes and routines are where anymore and stuff simply gets overwritten by other code.

P.S.: Another two months have passed. P.L.E.A.S.E...
    • Like x 1
  19. Dark Suzumebachi Well-Known Player

This doesn't have to do with base inventory but it's has to do with the mods. Anyone else having an issue with the white mods where they keep expiring even tho it's not time for them to do so? A easy fix is to go in and out of your base but I don't want to have to do this every time I log in. I here those who don't have this issue they have the supply drop issue where it drops one ball instead of four. This happened after gu33 btw.
  20. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

There was a bug report for this. Mepps said they have identified the problem, so it should be fixed in a hotfix soon.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.