Two-Face has been buffed way too hard, can a green explain why? & why so many changes with no info?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Clutchmeister, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Agnetta Dedicated Player

i dont think clutchmeister plays on USPS
  2. Vinny Tireshine New Player

Ok, so I've been playing two face for 2 days non stop and I really am not seeing what makes him so good besides his high health. His damage is pretty low, rifle kinda sucks for pvp. I'll win like 8 out of 10 with catwomen but barely win 5-10 with 2 face (lair battles)

Are there any videos of a good two face? Played about 100 lair battles and haven't seen a single one. If he is as good as you say, be thankful that he atleast has a learning curve and is not braindead
    • Like x 1
  3. CosmicIV Well-Known Player

Has sinestro been nerfed? because he does so little damage but takes alot of damage even harley quinne and robin dish'es out more damage than him... I don't see the point of paying for a character who then to find out he's not as good as they're show casing them to be, is there any point of purchasing legends when you can get the free to play ones that are better than them
  4. CosmicIV Well-Known Player

And another thing they need to drop all legends CC to average because its too high especially Amon sur , everytime he does claw his stun rates are really high and just ridiculous....
    • Like x 4
  5. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

High health, his fifth tap is unblockable, he has dodge (you will need to learn to use this properly to understand just how tanky he is) his barrel is strong and as soon as he gets two face domination well it's pretty much GG.

His damage is NOT low, it's the same problem initially with Steel. Most people didn't know how to play him so they assumed he was weak. His acid barrel is now more powerful than both of Steel's dots, his bullet storm has been buffed to half of the old cooldown (and this move hits insanely hard too) and more importantly there's no consistent way of countering the barrel anymore.

They nerfed his health, he's still got arguably the best DPS potential in legends.
  6. Vinny Tireshine New Player

Sorry, but what do you mean by fifth tap?

The issue that I have with two face is that his main weapon is rifle and everyone knows that rifle is not a pvp weapon. His bullet storm is also easily interrupted, and two face domination is a SC that only happens once or twice in a match, hardly ever in a 1v1. I feel with two face you have to play perfectly and make some really good reads, more so than other characters. I'm really not seeing his OPness that you speak of.
  7. RageQQ New Player

Two Face is whack, who asked for these buffs ? seems like devs dont care for your suggestions regarding legends balance clutch if even you are pissed about this.

Two face has been this tough before and was easily enough countered - just takes more effort. Yes he seems OP now and it somewhat is, but if you have been pvping from launch you would already have had to face a pretty OP two face. Its not ideal, but its manageable.

I am sorry, since season 2 most of people in legends at the moment are your casual pvpers, they are all predictable spamming the same crap over and over with the same toons for the wins because most people who don't pvp don't know any better they just want OP. You can tell which premades are fostering the cheese as well by facing 2 x 2face, steel, hal, or amon teams.
  8. Spidersting Committed Player

I think that there is a grand scheme to the changes to legend characters that are coming in piece by piece just like the game has been for the past year. I believe it has been stated a few times over the past 3 years that not all changes they make to each patch makes it into the patch notes and nore do they have to tell us about every little change that happens.

Over the past 6months if not longer they have been doing minor changes to arena pvp in order to prep for a bigger over picture for arena pvp. They can't just cram it all into one patch and say here you go so they make little changes over the course of months.

Pvp is not the bread winner in this game and they saw that when they Released Last Laugh. So as updates come out we get small changes here and there for pvp/legends with the majority of the changes more pve based. And now that replays are non factor in pvp it pushes it even more money dependent on pve.

@Clutch - As far as balance goes you are one person with your own views and no matter how unbias you claim to be you are yet again one person. Every person has different views on what they think is balance and you can voice your opinion all you want but at the end of the day your view of balance might not mirror what the Devs at DCUO view as balance. So you can kick your feet, and write your novels to the devs and watch as nothing you suggested gets changed. I was once like you, on the forums everyday trying to get things changed for what i thought was my idea of balance in pvp only to watch it go in a completely different direction.

And Just because you are a so called 5 times legends champ doesn't mean they should listen to you when you are using the Same legends that everyone is complaining about. You want people to take you serious about balance changes then stop running the busted OP legends during tournaments and start running with teams of legends that need help. And if you happen to win, then being the legends champ might actually have some meaning because right now the only thing that title means is that you know how to play the OP legends a little better then everyone else and that isn't saying much.
    • Like x 5
  9. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

TF's fifth tap does as much damage as the hold & it is unblockable. It means that two-face can completely ignore the counter system and win almost any war of attrition.

There is no logic in winning a tournament with an underpowered character to prove knowledge. That would prove dominance in skill. Skill in legends does not equate to knowledge, look at slob he's one of the kings of legends yet he doesn't know a lot about all of the roster. What does prove knowledge is team compositions and identifying what combinations will bring the strongest results. Pretty much no one was running with a Steel/WW combination until me and slob starting running it in the first FNL Tour. Similarly, no one considered Two-Face to be top tier in the last tournament, we won the finals using Two-Face and yet he got buffed again for no good reason. Also no one realised just how strong catwoman could be until I used her at SOE Live, so again I'm seeing little to no logic in what you're saying.

However if you'd like, I will leave an open invitation to anyone out there who thinks I'm only good because I use OP legends. Come to EUPC and I will play cheetah or general zod and I will play against your Wonder Woman in a deathmatch on batcave. No node, no red barrels & can only use health barrels in between fights to regen power before the next. I look forward to playing anyone who wants to take that offer, and I hope you will come over and do it.
    • Like x 1
  10. Kroye Loyal Player

If you ignore Two Face in a 4v4 or 5v5, he has the potential to wreck if played well. That has nearly always been the case.

With these new changes, he's even deadlier. The reduced cool down on the Domination's Bullet Storm combined with the fact that it hits the entire cone of attack like truck makes him especially powerful. I don't think it splits, either.

If focused, it minimizes his impact, but if you leave a good Two Face player alone, he can put up crazy numbers what with the aforementioned and the goons + barrels.
    • Like x 1
  11. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

And quite a strong kiter with that jump back attack.
  12. Breakforce Loyal Player

:mad:
    • Like x 2
  13. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Only legends I do lately is 5's just to duel queue with the 5's arena.

I only go 2face cause of the high HP and that jump back, then just kite around and smash Seeds, it's hilarious, and glad it'll be fixed with the next update, but for now it's just too funny.
  14. Breakforce Loyal Player

Too often, 5s arenas just turns into some long drawn out war of attrition, with no one ever dying. My team usually ends up losing, because I fall asleep from boredom LOL. So it's Legends for me, because you know there is going to be death and plenty of it.

And somehow I think I have become like Top 2 on USPC for Bizzaro. I mean, myself and Supertoad are the only people that use him, but that is some sort of accomplishment..... right? :(
    • Like x 2
  15. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Actually seen more Bizarro than harley/robin this last week lol. His CC is pretty good, I know I was getting frustrated fightging a few of them.
    • Like x 1
  16. 478874 Dedicated Player

Last Laugh was a flop because of lock-outs and the need for replays, and because of all the superfluous npc interference. Since they removed daily lockouts on marks with this latest update, former PvPers have returned to the game in droves. No one wants to pay just to be competitive and that's what happened with Last Laugh. It was a soul crippling and demoralizing, it just felt so sleazy.
    • Like x 3
  17. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

His 1,2 and 3 all provide damage mitigation as well. He can be very hard to kill, his annihilate can also deal near to 700 damage to a countered opponent (they can't get pushed away so the move deals maximum damage). He was incredibly strong before they nerfed his health, he's still great now but he goes down a little faster than he used to due to his lowered health. He's incredibly fun to play :D
  18. Tharkis The Pretty Kitty Princess

I'm like the only person who plays robin out there who has access to other characters I think >_<

That said robin's lack of good defensive abilities, the total jankyness that is robin and batman's blockbreaker (worst BB in the game !) and the fact that he doesnt have as many HP as many other chars makes him not that great of a character when there are so many other brokenly good options out there =P

I'd like to play cheetah, she's fun, but she's way under powered, more so than most other bottom teir characters.
    • Like x 2
  19. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

^^

Yes you could get your punchline without resetting, but MONTHS after others got theirs. So it was an issue like is said above.

Right now I am looking forward to everyone finishing their gear so we can all be on even ground. While I don't think the gap between 89 and 90 is so huge it's an issue, it's still a difference and every little bit matters in close fights. I've never been big on the RPG aspect in a PVP system. I rather fight someone who is at the same level as me than above OR below. So I like that it's based on just pvping a lot in general rather than weekly and daily lockouts.
  20. Tharkis The Pretty Kitty Princess

Heck, to go with Jeebie's above post of being on equal standing, in arenas I'd love it if everyone was given legends char like trinket and soda, so you had to depend on just your skill in PVP and your abilities of your class. I think consumable and trinket spam has been detrimental to competitive PVP.
    • Like x 5