Two-Face has been buffed way too hard, can a green explain why? & why so many changes with no info?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Clutchmeister, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

So let's look at Two-Face as he currently stands:

• His health was buffed to 8.2K, this is by far the highest base health pool in the game (2900 more than Circe, 2600 more than Steel, John, Sin, Donna etc.)
    • His barrel is now not counterable in any way, you cannot apply dodge and make the ability miss, you cannot interrupt it. We didn't need even more overpowered DoT abilities (remember this also becomes acid barrel with the SC, arguably the BEST DoT in the game).
    • His backflip gives him dodge, is a fast animation and gets him out of trouble. It also hits hard on countered opponents
    • You ninja buffed his bullet storm by reducing the cooldown in Two-Face domination. Bear in mind that once Two-Face domination is acquired this becomes a move that does 700~ DPS in a wide cone. Now it can be used every 8 seconds. Why make this change on a character that can already do a bucket load of damage AND is incredibly tanky?
    • Three minions, the only damage Two-Face can be countered with (DoT) he also has a counter for. These will split dots and prevent them from hitting hard (though the long cooldown means it isn't usable often)
    • Rifle can provide unlimited dodge & also interrupt without being blockable when you jump cancel the lunge.
    The main point I'm trying to make here is: Why?

Why did you not only buff his health by insane amounts but then remove the interrupt from his barrel buffing an already top tier character?

Why did you also reduce the cooldown on bullet spray in TF dom and therefore his damage/DPS potential when he's already so tanky?

Finally, why do you make so many changes to legends health/certain abilities without putting them in patch notes?
    • Like x 51
  2. Horrorshow New Player

The only thing I know that was changed for Two Face was that he is not interpretable when setting up his barrel. One thing that definitely needs to be looked at is the fact that he can summon a mob of goons in both his normal stance and supercharge stance.
  3. Talve Dedicated Player

Why....WHY?

The main question is...
    ..why ca i only get 10% of update info from patch notes and why do i have to find the other 90% of ninja updates out on my own.
    Getting old, getting more annoying each update.

Yes. This is what was on patchnotes.
    They forgot to include the little fact of Bullet storm's not having a cooldown increase anymore while in Two-Face domination mode. No long cooldown anymore...cooldown is the same as on normal Bullet Storm.
    • Like x 11
  4. Echephyle New Player

Sometimes i think ninja buffs and nerfs are accidental changes in coding. Or a change in coding by association as changing one line of code can influence another. Just my guess.

And yes, he's really op. I have the most trouble against him
    • Like x 5
  5. Talve Dedicated Player

And more often than that they are not.
    For example all the hp changes legends characters have had...which is a lot.

Or the mechanic where right tap resets left taps collected into block...
    When i asked Mepps about that mechanic long time ago, answers i got were:
    Just checked - this is intended. Not a bug. :)
    We're checking. There should have been notes, but it looks like we missed them.

Guess what...It was never released to patch notes even after finding out.
    • Like x 1
  6. TheLoneLantern New Player

Rifle does horrible dps, so if you nerf Two Face, I think that the 5th melee tap should have increased damage. TBH, rifle is somewhat of a messed up weapon in close quarters pvp, and should have a number a changes/buffs.
  7. Dump Truck New Player

you must have faced ionic.
  8. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

I really want a green name to see this, I and so many others have offered so much advice to them, I've created a huge document to help them with no expectation of a reward (and writing a 6000 word document doesn't get done in five minutes) and this change was so far off being beneficial it's just going to screw up balance more than make it any better.

I enjoy legends, in my eyes it is the most competitive and fair platform to find out who's more skilled at the core mechanics. This change is taking away from that. Not only do we have Wonder Woman taking off 1000 of your health every time her reflect is popped, not only do we have Steel who can beat almost anyone by just stacking dots and using tap damage, we now have a 8.2k health char with hard dots that can't be countered and can kill you using nothing but taps. More and more legends don't need counters to win, and this is a big big problem as it requires little skill to win with these characters.

This needs looking at, these legends need balancing and I and many other experienced legends players can tell you EXACTLY how to make it better. These changes are slowly removing more and more skill from legends and this needs to stop at some point. Otherwise, you are going to keep on seeing 30+ games in FNL tournaments that between every single one only have 5 legends in them.

I want this game to have a successful, I genuinely want to help make legends as balanced as possible and if the devs will listen I am willing to help them in any and every way I can.

Increasing damage on the fifth tap is a TERRIBLE idea, that just means two face can ignore counter mechanics even more than he does currently. If they make it blockable, then sure increase it to 500-600.

Rifle has unlimited dodge, grenade is also great. Yes it lacks weapon damage, but who needs weapon damage when you have 8.2K, arguably the best dodge move and can't forget his two-face domination gives him a 700 DPS move that now only has an eight second cooldown, the joint strongest dot in the game which can't even be countered now and still has that 8.2K health (does anyone realise just how much this is?) and dodge. I really can't stress this enough, Two-Face is up there with Wonder Woman and Steel now.
    • Like x 12
  9. Talve Dedicated Player

How much more damage do you need on 8.2K hp character.

With this kind a hp 2F is not about damage anyways. Its all about out surviving the opponent.
    Having 5th melee tap increased would mean even more free and easy damage.
    Not to mention once you reach SC its game over.

2F can already live without using counter system as it is.

I as well would put 2f up there with Steel and WW, specially in 2v2's.
    • Like x 1
  10. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

i def thought 2 face was a lil tougher today, but it was hard to tell with all the lag.
    i coulda been bopping my head into a barrel and thought it was his rifle hitting me.:eek:
  11. Horrorshow New Player

I still don't know why they even had to change his barrel. Now they have to address his minions and the fact they can be spammed.
    • Like x 2
  12. Businessman Ultra Well-Known Player

I've been countered using the barrel today... so I'm not seeing where that has come into play. Two Face's minions being spammed? Other than adding the ones from SC, I've only seen a max of 6 at a time and that's nothing new. They die really easy at that...

If anything, it really feels like Amon Sur got nerfed. I used to dominate with him in about any arena and now I can't even beat someone in 1v1 who doesn't know their combos and just taps away at square with a random power thrown in every once in a while.
    • Like x 1
  13. thelostczarnian New Player

if you cant beat someone that only uses square and powers then no nerf or buff is going to help you
    • Like x 5
  14. Businessman Ultra Well-Known Player

Outside of Lair 1v1 I average 70k-160k with Amon Sur. Like I said, until Season 2 started, I dominated with him on any map (don't know why I put arena before...). I regularly fight 2v1 and win on node maps thanks to his array of stuns and knockbacks and have been since almost the day I got Last Laugh. If it wasn't VERY out of the ordinary that I've run into this in only the past two days I wouldn't have brought it up.
  15. Critics New Player

Tell IONIC Critics says "hi".
  16. Tocimus Committed Player

pllzzzzzz Kyle rayner is worse by a mile. dropping air strikes every other attack..........

two face has 3 attacks, most of which you never use.
  17. thelostczarnian New Player

who?
    • Like x 1
  18. Businessman Ultra Well-Known Player

I'm assuming Hal Jordan...? Unless... he's the Ermac/Noob Saibot of DCUO Green Lanterns!
    • Like x 2
  19. Poetic Play Committed Player

Thought there was something off with him today... Was fighting a well-known Hero premade in Legends 4v4 today who was exploiting this. My partners kept complaining how the 2 Two-Face players wouldn't drop after tons of counters. We really couldn't explain why he was so beefed up because there were no patch notes on this stuff.

I figured there was a reason they'd be using him, go figure. Sucks.. I actually used to love using Two-Face; now I'd just feel too cheap, better stick to Huntress. Thanks for the info and hopefully it gets looked at... Or others kept the same treatment.
  20. Tocimus Committed Player

oops. way wrong there. ment to say Hal Jordan. air strike literally every other attack with the ppl im getting paired against. i get locked into a stun/block every time it gets fired off. if this is intended...thats some srs p2w bs.
    • Like x 1