Server Downtime - January 8, 2014

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crotch1911 New Player

EXACTLY
  2. Vulpis New Player

Well, there's plenty of rage on display, having nothing to do with the DLC. :)
    • Like x 2
  3. MisterKiss New Player

Sigh..... at least that will give me more time to test out Saint Walker and Atrocitus on the test server :).
  4. Killwalkeronforum New Player

Thank you very much NIckNock, and ok, thank you too Noir. Question I need or want to ask always elude me when it's great timing to ask...unfortunately. Story of my life haha.
  5. Qu33nVi0letz New Player

Becuase they said 9-1. Not 9-9
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We're all having a bad day, but I can't help but comment that it's pretty darn cool that you can do that. You know, most of the time.
    • Like x 14
  7. SnapFlash New Player

Auras are random drops in Promethium Lockboxes - which require promethium keys from the marketplace or a legendary membership to open. Also you can purchase cheap ones off the broker, or trade another player for it if you are a premium member :)

-----------------------------------------------------

Also - fed up of the server recently
  8. GP3Vicious New Player

I am excited to play again soon
  9. Tracmar Well-Known Player

and lovely news right after I spend replays on dox lol... and now ..when the server comes up mostly will be at work and by the time am back into the game .. voila weekly rest !!

bye bye oh shiny little badges ... you will be gone but not forgotten

PS : just a thought, the legendary players are paying for a service here , and if the service qualities are not met, aren't we entitled to a compensation ?
  10. Jamie New Player

I'm curious that since that is also happening on the PC was this missed on the test server? If not, what happened between the test servers and live? This is the real issue. Test servers are meant to catch all problems but if errors are being introduced when going from test to live then there are bigger issues. I'm just hoping the servers come up before I go to bed tonight. I like to play in the morning before work but don't have enough time to download an update and get any playtime in.
  11. Jonn's oreo stash New Player

So legendary players are losing most of the day we paid for.

I think awarding 50 SC to legendary members would be reasonable.

As for the initial armor set for PVP being set above 1500, I think it's a bad idea. I am well aware it's a business and the game is designed to encourage people to spend their money. However this will basically keep free players from being able to participate in PVP arenas. I would be in favor of limiting their progression as they improve to higher tiers, but I would think that shutting out such a large portion of the community entirely will lead to longer waits when you queue for a match.
  12. Twisted Titan Committed Player

Speaking of bad day. Killer Frost needs to chill out with all this cold weather :D
    • Like x 1
  13. Kai El Well-Known Player

And there's many other games to play while we all wait patiently.

GTA V. Borderlands 2. The Last of Us. The Walking Dead: Season 2. Ghosts. BF4. NBA 2K14. Killzone. Take your pick.

Me... I'm playing State of Decay. Getting my zombie on. But once servers are up... DUECES!!! DCUO TIME!!!
  14. Zpirit Dedicated Player

50 cent actually.
    • Like x 1
  15. bLaCk IcOn Level 30

Meanwhile @ DCUO head offices...

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. NerdyGamerNP New Player

I think some people give the team to much crap, I mean. They are doing the best they can, I am working towards 3D Animation and I know that its hard work to maintain a constant game that is covered with millions of players, so what some bad things happen with updates. Mistakes are made, theirs so many people on at once yeah, the game is going to crash. Their was a major issue, I am just saying that I don't hold it against them.
  17. TheBirdOfSteel Committed Player

lol not even an apology. That was cold Mepps.

4 hours , lucky im about to go out and play pool.

Ah :rolleyes: well back later then

I guess the only question now is ....

??? considering todays downtime had to have downtime, will todays downtime downtime need more downtime ???
    o_O
  18. IamZACH Well-Known Player

out of all the questions for mepps, he answers the 5 pst is 7 cst question lol I've always wondered how you choose what questions to answer
  19. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I think many have mentioned this before in other threads: It is not a good idea to use replays the day before resets. In my opinion and my experience, using replays is even riskier on a day before resets that coincides with an update or major hotfix release.
    • Like x 1
  20. graydogg51 Well-Known Player

When I tell our clients I'm going to deliver their product on a certain day and time then I give them their product on that day and time and it better be right or I most likely won't be employed for much longer. That's an expectation in every industry except the game development industry. They don't have to be held to a standard because all those that came before them got away with it and now that's just the way it is. They control our accounts, they control the forums and get to censor anything they don't agree with or offends them regardless of whether it's truth or not and if we don't like it we can go play something else and they've directly told us that. All you can do is complain till you get your posts deleted and at least getting to temporarily vent is slightly therapeutic...
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.