2014 PC Legendary Membership Benefits Update - UPDATED

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by RadarX, Jan 2, 2014.

1. BumblingB I got better.

If it did, it wouldn't be 60. It would be more like 50 then 10. Which would be like 55% off.
  2. Eschelar New Player

A reminder that some legendary memebership types are done by 3 months and things happen that some people can't log in for that long or longer. Several examples have already been given.

The real question though is if it's so unlikely that people would go an entire 30 days of paid membership, Why on Earth do they think they need to create a rule to mandate that people MUST log in if they want to receive the full value of what they paid for?

It just makes no sense. It doesn't increase their revenue. It doesn't increase the likelihood of people paying. It even creates more work for the coders to create new code to make the software adjust to the new policy.

I can't honestly see a single reason why SOE would make this requirement.

Just saying that it's because it has to be because that's the way it is for PS is not a good reason. I don't own a Playstation anything. I have a powerful PC and I game when I have time on my PC. I don't give a crispy custard what the policies are on PS. I care about what's going on in my life and what things I think are worth tossing my hard earned cash into.

If you make it necessary to add a Nag clause, I'm likely to spend a lot less - if anything. And yes, it's not because there's anything I want to buy with SC. I just don't like being nagged and having inappropriate policies in place.

I refused to give STO a penny because of their region restrictions which saw the egregious deletion of my account and my forum account because they think it's good to have racism as a part of their company policy. I saw SOE as a good example without such foolish policies.

I hope this isn't the start of more foolishness to come.
    • Like x 1
  3. Archangel Rafael New Player

This is a good deal, Smedley, thanks for changing the SC thing. Keep up the good work!
    • Like x 1
  4. LifeSubbed New Player

The first news regarding SOE planned changes with the SC and everything were pretty darn horrible and made me wonder why they'd be willing to change their image back to what it was years ago (insanely greedy company) after they had did a great job changing people's perception about SOE lately, especially with EQL/N. (Mr. Georgeson has been an incredible ambassador for SOE)

This recent news gives me a positive indication that SOE is committed to not only putting that old bad SOE image down for good, but actually listening to players with PC concerns across all games in their portfolio is now a chief concern. This is especially important because they simply have far too many other PC only games that would have been affected by this so they had to keep those players in mind. These changes not only make it possible for those other subs in those games to continue enjoying the PC titles they've been playing, but will encourage them to try out some of the other PC titles like DCUO and possibly vice-versa. (old Vanguard/EQ2 player here)

As a DCUO PC Lifetime member and a recent PS4 purchaser, I am once again happy about my decision of doing both much more than I was one week ago and I'm sure plenty others in my situation as a longtime supporter of SOE since before DCUO feel the same... you know, before console days. ;)

Great job of listening Smed and ty Mepps for the constant updates!
  5. Brice Allen Loyal Player

Very nice. #thumbsup
    • Like x 1
  6. Doc Holliday New Player

It means nothing for PS. PSN will never allow it.

Again the side that provides 80% of the games income is overlooked.
  7. Original Kal Well-Known Player

I would like an answer to this as well. Is my sub price going up to $15/month now? If it is I know my buddy and I will be out.
  8. Darsch New Player

I have never seen anything stating 80 percent of thew games income comes from playstation. DCUO is just a single drop in the lake that is the SOE portfolio of games, you have to see the big picture, SC affects all the SOE games on PC, and the PC is their largest market. it not about which game its about all of the games. Think of SOE as a restaurant, and the games they provide as items on that restaurants menue. The playstation offering is just a small franchise store that is just getting up and running compared to the PC which is the main corporate store.

Also, the playstation is not over looked, its simply a matter of what they can do with the PSN versus their own market, there are rules and regulations they have to follow there that actually limits what can and can not be done.

also point 7 of smedley's update

7) Console titles - you'll notice I only mentioned the PC titles. Our goal is to include the PS3 and PS4 games that we have, but I want to be up front and say that isn't a done deal.

They are trying to include playstation DCUO players into this deal. its still up in the air.
    • Like x 1
  9. LifeSubbed New Player

"I would like an answer to this as well. Is my sub price going up to $15/month now? If it is I know my buddy and I will be out. "-Original Kal
    =====
    I'd imagine they'd allow you to continue your $10 plan and keep your status, but that wouldn't allow you to play the other games which if they did that, would seem entirely fair to me.

But given they said they are crunching numbers and still reviewing everything, it's all proposals now.
  10. Brice Allen Loyal Player

Never know man...they might be able to pull it off. If they could get you guys into the Station Cash currency and this monthly benefit package that would be huge. Yeah, I will acknowledge it is a long shot but I wouldn't say impossible.
  11. LifeSubbed New Player

What Darsch said to Doc. Twice^^

SOE is looking at how it affects all their games, not just a console game like DCUO. Since the vast majority of games SOE makes/runs are PC only it makes sense to set up a system whereby all the players on that platform can play/interact with more games and ultimately, more gamers.

At a time where mmos are fighting to keep solvent or increase profit in the industry, they have to find a way to potentially try and keep all the dollars here and when you look at SOE's stable of PC mmos, they really can do just that since they have the widest selection of any company out.

These console only players/DCUO only players like Doc (guessing) are only looking at 'what about my console?!' when it's bigger than that and your console isn't taking a hit.. think of it like two classes in game:

One class is getting a HUGE buff (PC players/games) the other class is not getting a nerf but a slight buff. :)
  12. graydogg51 Well-Known Player

Man console users are like the red headed stepchild of this family. Just for pure superficial jealousy reasons it'd be nice to get something on the console side that's better than our PC brethren so we can be the Marsha for once instead of the Jan, or even cousin Oliver in this case. Man that kid was weird. If you don't get those references you are probably young or foreign.
    • Like x 1
  13. CelestialFriend New Player

We Shouold Keep DLC'S Purchasable With SC. I Was Planning To Become Premium; and Buy SC From 7 Eleven To buy DLC'S. :((
  14. Darsch New Player

If the powers that be at the PSN would approve you would get the same stuff we do.
  15. Ryekir New Player

So will the lifetime membership be converted to the All Access pass, thus granting lifetime access to all games? Meaning I could drop my PS2 subscription and still retain the same benefits? Or will it only provide access to DCUO?
  16. graydogg51 Well-Known Player

I'm not saying we need the exact same benefits. That obviously can't happen in our case because all we have is DCUO and Free Realms for PS3 and just DCUO for PS4, but just once it'd be nice if console players got to come out ahead. Like I said I'm being superficial and jealous, but it'd be nice to feel like we were getting the same value for our dollar.
  17. Ryekir New Player

My guess is that you'll get the membership for Planetside 2 on PS4 as well once that comes out later this year.
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

These two things have always and will always be pretty much the same thing. :)
    • Like x 5
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The one-month membership price is and will remain $15, which is what the post is referring to. The multi-month memberships will remain available.
    • Like x 1
  20. graydogg51 Well-Known Player

That'd be better than nothing but still not equitable. Also since we have Market Cash now on console and PC players aren't going to get LPs as their monthly benefit it'd be nice if console players got MC instead to take advantage of combining the two for more expensive items, like you guys will be able to continue doing with Station Cash.
    • Like x 1