Armories Arrive in DCUO Next Week!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thelostczarnian New Player

i dont heal...
  2. Valsmurf Loyal Player

This is also your opinion ;) :p
    • Like x 3
  3. 500ty0w1 New Player

I forgot to say each character also gets 1 free armory, so a 15 pack at $4/armory would give your a total of 4(3+free) armories per character for a 5 character total. Why anyone would have more than 4 per character, I dunno. But I'm sure there are reasons.
  4. Jamie New Player

And that is your opinion. If this forum is accurately reflecting the community on this issue you are definately in the minority with that opinion. I honestly don't know how you can say the price is justified. SOE already spent the money to devlop these so now they just need a return on their investment. I would rather sell 1,000 of these at $5 rather than 100 at $10 since there are no additional costs associated with producing armories at this point.
    • Like x 9
  5. AzraelR Committed Player

You talk about armories like the "newest thing on the earth".

Excuse me, but it was already to be in the game from the beginning. And by the way, was also requested by many players, millions of times. Myself when I started playing this game complained that something needed to change the skill points quickly. Yes, I am very grateful to the devs for responding, but that does not agree with the highest price.

With so many players here in the forum complaining, yeah, for sure we are not wrong. Most suggested 500SC. And probably 90% would accept this value. If you're so sure about your opinion, leave everything as it is, after all who is losing money is not me. It's good for you and your facebook friend's prepare your money, because they will be one of the few to keep the armories sale, so just good luck out there.
    • Like x 5
  6. BumblingB I got better.

But I'm paying for the movie and if I wanted to, I could reuse those 3D glasses in another movie. The entertainment is the movie itself, i.e., the game. Paying that much for a convenience is not exactly entertainment. And it's not even like the cost of the popcorn is more than the movie ticket itself. Because at least with the popcorn, you can also get something out of it. With the armories, it's just so you can swap faster than what you can do in game already.
    • Like x 1
  7. thelostczarnian New Player

500sc each is more about what ppl wanted/expected as opposed to your 1000sc dreaded/expected. id say 500sc is fair. even 600sc for one and 1500sc for a 3 pack would be acceptable but the currently suggested prices are not and i got 30+ pages of proof
    • Like x 2
  8. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Lol I think I posted something similar to this earlier.
  9. thelostczarnian New Player

honestly if i was making 17 dollars an hour like i was before 2007 then i would probably not even think about spending 60 bucks on a whim purchase. economy is different now along with my wallet. i can think of so many better things to do with 60 dollars my friend.
    • Like x 3
  10. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

These are good points. But, as opposed to popcorn, the armouries once consumed will stay for the length of the life of that character...popcorn may do the same thing but I'm a slightly unhealthy way XD with all this being said, I wouldn't complain if the price was dropped. I don't want to give them all my money, but ya have to do what ya have to do. If I want x number of armouries over the one free one, I'm going to have to pay for it, and as of right now, I'm going to have to pay what they say I have to pay for this convenience.

EDIT: I understand that not everyone has this option, and that sucks. So if SOE changes it, I'm all behind that.
    • Like x 1
  11. Oel Em Well-Known Player

Very well said.
  12. Drathmor Unwavering Player

very excited for armories but very disapointed in the price Im all for yall making money but 8 is a little much they shouldnt cost more than a extra base cost or at the most 5 dollars a piece. I will defentually be getting some but Dev's you just screwed your self out of some money because im not buying any were near as many as i was planning due to the price. I might get 4 pack and just wait on a sale for the rest was planning on getting them for all my alts but only my mains now. Great work on the design and functionality tho
    • Like x 1
  13. WickedRhys Well-Known Player

How many loyalty points will each armory cost?
  14. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

• One Armory - 800 (800 per Armory)
    • 4-Pack - 2400 (600 per Armory)
    • 8-Pack - 4000 (500 per Armory)
    • 15-Pack - 6000 (400 per Armory)
    Those will be the standard prcing; sales prices will be different.
  15. Drathmor Unwavering Player

what players dislike them a great deal? there not even out yet most people in game have never even heard of them yet as most people dont come to the forums. while I agree that they cost a little too much I like the look of them personaly. as I have heard many others also state.
  16. Joybird Committed Player

17. Original Kal Well-Known Player

no one is complaining about the function of the armories. The big complaint is the exorbitant pricing.
    • Like x 5
  18. JustSome_Chick New Player

Larfleeze. *snicker*
    • Like x 5
  19. winter13 New Player

I think the pricing should be:

1 for $5

4 for $20

8 for $40

16 for $60

This would have encouraged players to go with the 16 pack. $8 for one is just a ridiculous price.

On top of that pricing, I still think legendary sub's should get a second armory free.
    • Like x 3
  20. Seismicfesr Dedicated Player

Too damn expensive thats fact.
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.