Armories Arrive in DCUO Next Week!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc Holliday New Player

Wait did Captain Liberty expect positive feedback when he revealed these prices?

I fell confused ATM, is today April Fools?
    • Like x 10
  2. SLYDER X New Player

umm no, you don't.[/quote]
    Maybe you should look into this if you're not getting 500 loyalty points AND 150 replay badges each month with a paid sub. I'm pretty sure its a common thing with legendary members.
    Now who doesn't know what they are talking about? Maybe you should make sure your information is up to date before you start blasting and cursing someone. That is all I will say to you. I hope you get that issue straightened out because I've bought a TON of stuff from loyalty vendors at no cost to me with the points I get each month..extra bank slots, respec tokens, more replay badges, more bank slots, weapon styles, deeds, lair styles, legends characters, more bank slots and replay badges...I mean..its pretty dang useful for those cheap people (LIKE MYSELF) who don't wanna spend more than $15 a month for a sub..
    • Like x 1
  3. BumblingB I got better.

Why is an armory more expensive than the deed you can buy to get 4 more?!?!?!

A deed is 300SC/$3 and a single armory is 800SC/$8. WHY? Shouldn't the armory be the same price if not lower?! You can put 4 in a single base.

Also, you say the play change is limitless, but there is a limit. You have a 10 minute cooldown that persists through out of combat. You can't partial spec with them. There is a cooldown out of combat between swaps.
    • Like x 17
  4. HardlineHero Committed Player

Glad for armories but wish they graphically looked like this: [IMG]
    • Like x 6
  5. Rockman X New Player

Clearly! I guess I'll just have to wait until I get my loyalty points and use that instead. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 3
  6. Valsmurf Loyal Player

you can add Marvel Heroes to the free multi-spec list. It's confirmed to be in development and will be ready in a few weeks.

edit. just to clear up, re-specs aren't free in MH but saved specs will be... weird but true :confused:
    • Like x 2
  7. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Too late, the EURO servers are down because Sony already sold the first armories there. Some people just sit and wait for new content no matter what. Wonder if the War of Light DLC will cost 49,99$ as rumors say ;)
    • Like x 1
  8. Nemisor Committed Player

sigged:D
    • Like x 2
  9. Oel Em Well-Known Player

Thanks
  10. Ivy Bird Committed Player

Wow, could the complainers in here be more melodramatic?

You are complaining about the cost of a convenience item not a character defining one. You are not weaker without an armory than somebody has 15, that person has merely paid for the ability to not have to go through his respecing slowly. I wouldn't be surprised if 90% of the player base never even change out of a single role and therefore don't even need one.
    If you don't like them don't buy them, simple as that.
    I was hoping for 500sc each but thought that they would end up being 1000sc without the option of a bulk buy discount, so 800sc is a good price imo.
    • Like x 7
  11. Oel Em Well-Known Player

And that is really the point of all this isnt it? To Express our own individual opinions.
    • Like x 11
  12. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Just another two cents from me...or is that $8? ;)

I recently retired my original main character....my current main character is on hold for a bit while I muck around on another. So, if armouries had been available when I started playing (and at the proposed pricing), I woud've spent $8+ on something that I stopped using. And another $8+ on something for a character that I decided to put on hold for a bit.

On top of my subscription fee...and the various micro-transactions I've made.

So, am I going to pay crazy amounts of money (or loyalty points for that matter....which I can use those for other things which are account bound) on something for a character (or characters) who ma ybe replaced? In typical kiwi fashion, my response is....yeah, nah.

And yes, I choose to retire / change characters....and that's all on me. But I also chose to voice my displeasure at something when I am not happy with it, and exercise my right to not to purchase anything if I don't like the pricing.
    • Like x 10
  13. IdontDps Committed Player

$8 dollars not much come on we all spend more at the store on drinks and chips..:)
    • Like x 6
  14. MercPony Devoted Player

That is indeed an interesting comparison.
    • Like x 2
  15. Ivy Bird Committed Player

The point I am trying to make is that so many people are acting like this is the end of the world and the sky is falling. Several people in this thread have stated that they are considering leaving the game over this (or at the very least cancelling subscriptions) which just makes me go 'Whaaa...?' and scratch my head in confusion.
    • Like x 5
  16. Nemisor Committed Player

how is it melodramatic? i gaurantee you that it will be no time at all before it will be required by the "elete" to get into raids ( dox specificly due to jail mechanics and peoples new trend of 3 trolls) its a gameplay enhancement, just as hometurf mods are, have you seen how fast people are kicked after inspection without HT mods?

Just because some people will find it easy to buy that many doesnt mean everyone is in your financial postition. i have 3 kids and a missus who goes to uni. i earn the only paycheck in the house. the little i allow myself i use for a sub ($18 NZ per month), and every now and again i might get a bit of extra SC.

im sure there are alot of people in the same boat.
    • Like x 4
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Purchased Armories can be moved with the Shared Bank (not really tradeable) to your other characters. The mission-granted one for free is not.
    • Like x 1
  18. Ivy Bird Committed Player

Excuse me? I'm hoping that this is meant to be read in a joking tone.
    • Like x 1
  19. CCBatson Dedicated Player

I'm disappointed in the pricing scheme. It's not the WORST, but it's still pretty harsh. I really don't think it's going to generate the kind of income they seem to be hoping for, as most people seem to be of the "I'll pass for now" mindset. I myself will likely wait 6-8 months before I do anything with them, just because I can't justify spending my SC on those kinds of prices, just save up on my "wonderful" Loyalty Points that will start this coming month. :(
    • Like x 7
  20. TrueOlympus New Player

sorry if we don't wanna break our wallet to buy something that is clearly overpriced. Pretty sure we are allowed to complain just as much as you are allowed to swallow their unfair BS
    • Like x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.