Reason why Photon Blast is broken but no one talks about it

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by ???, Dec 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

Shhhhhhhhhh. Da hell you doing. This is a gadgets thread!
    • Like x 7
  2. Poo New Player

Hahahahaha!!!

Oh... :(
  3. TheDark Devoted Player

This is so funny. There's always someone looking to get Photon Blast nerfed and fails.
    First it was the damage. Then base damage was shown showing the total damage under 35% is very similar to the other finishers. Cry babies failed.
    Then is was that they couldn't counter it until if was explained all you had to do was lunge. Cry babies failed.
    Then it was the Hand mod until someone with intelligence realized to use a shied to mitigate some damage.
    Then it was oh its spammable. Yet so are many other powers. So if spamming a problem increase the cooldown on everything. Devastate Light while you're at it lol.
    Then it was the control effect and players failing to take advantage of immunites.
    Then it was "oh its a finisher they're all supposed to be the same. lol ****"

There's always something to blame and it's always a player who doesnt jack about how the game works.
    Finishers are NOT the only thing in this game that serve a similar purpose. 360 AoE Dots are similar yet they work differently and net a similar damage base range. Same with finishers. If a powerset has a strength you want you switch to that powerset. The same way scoreboard chasers flock to easy DPS powers and controllers flock to a powerset that gave a group shield power supercharge.

The developers created variety for a reason. ALL powersets and the powers that are located in there are NOT suppose to be identical. That's just naive.

First off it's hilarious how the justification to nerf PB is NOW based on a Neck Mod from the Home Turf Perks lol.
    It's also funny how the OP doesn't realize how channeling damage works or why it's even being activated in the first place. If it was a Damage Over Time ability and the individual DoT ticks activated it then you have a bug. PB is not a DoT. The CC effect does NOT register everytime. The video in another posters thread shows it. The chances are high but there are MULTIPLE tools to counter it to a degree. Just because someone doesn't have any common sense doesn't mean a power needs to get nerfed. Yet another fail.
    • Like x 7
  4. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

Funny thing is this is exactly how the celestial nerf threads started. Can't we all just get along and bash hl users?
    • Like x 1
  5. Brice Allen Loyal Player

When I am Gadgets I love me some Photon Blast BUT the OP is correct. It is busted right now. Not by a lot mind you but it is indeed broken.
    I have tested it myself and Photon Blast does trigger Escalating Might twice not once. Which is not right. It should only trigger it once.
    Other than that though I have no issue with Photon Blast. Just it proc'ing Escalating Might twice is all that should be fixed.
    • Like x 2
  6. BumblingB I got better.

Which is the white mod, not the power.

Why does everyone keep pointing to a power that is not broken when outside sources are the cause.

The fact that they removed only a part of HT from PvP shows that they have a bias. They should have removed it all, that way it doesn't break anything and everyone is on even ground. EESH
    • Like x 4
  7. ??? Well-Known Player

exactly, thanks for showing some of the players that ignore how a mod must work correctly.
  8. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Its not that we're ignoring that a mod should work correctly. It's all the whiners about losing to gadgets, hard light, fire, celestial, mental, or quantum and have no understanding of advantages to disadvantages of powers. Base damage numbers, different interactions etc. Which lead to unnecessary nerfs. I agree the mod should be working correctly.

You and the many others that are blaming the power instead of the mod as what's wrong. As stated earlier, this thread should be HT Might Mod broken. Then show the data from your test on how this is activating for one specific power. In the end you could ask for either all finishers to activate twice or for it to be fixed(which is what should be done) and only activate once. It is the Mod not the power. You'd get more likes quicker, which would help you to get the devs attention and get this fixed sooner. You also wouldn't have people arguing with you about the power in general.
    • Like x 1
  9. Never Happy New Player

You know why ??

because all the DPS/Trollers dont want their toys taken away. They are the most vocal and whinny of all of the classes and of course they also think they are the weakest.

Of course they wont bring this up, they dont care for balance. Just an IWIN button.
    • Like x 2
  10. Brice Allen Loyal Player

How is it not the power. When all the other powers proc it once and Photon procs it twice then the thing that stands out to me is the power is registering incorrectly with the mod. If on the other hand all finishers were double proc'ing then I'd look at Escalating Might as the culprit. Right now however it appears Photon is double triggering it for some unknown reason.
    Either way though it really doesn't matter in the end if it is the power or the mod that is screwy. It (the power or the mod) needs adjusting to where it procs only once.
    As far as PVP goes (as a balancing discussion). It double procs on NPC's as well which is just as broken as when it double procs on a non-NPC.
  11. BumblingB I got better.

I gotta admit, people's alt names on these forums sometimes just make me LOL.
    • Like x 1
  12. Brice Allen Loyal Player

Hey now...don't lump me in with "those people". I'm a troller for life (insert gang sign). :p

And I think it should be fixed.
  13. BumblingB I got better.

I'm sure it has to do with the duration of the attack compared to other finishers. Have anyone tested it with absorb heat? Have anyone tested it with other channel powers that use might? I find it funny how people are automatically saying it is the power, not the mod. Same with the stupid empowered channeling mod. That breaks the RPS system for the intention of the power. Which is just silly if you look at it.

I will say it again, it's not the power, it's the mod. They need to fix the mods. There are other mods I wont say that is buggy right now and exploitable. Something went screwy with HT, not the powers.
  14. Brice Allen Loyal Player

I've tested it with every finisher...Photon is the only one that double procs it.
  15. BumblingB I got better.

From my knowledge, Aborb Heat isn't a finisher though? And it has a long duration too. Same with Laser Eyes and Ice Breath. Might want to check long channel powers, because it could be a bug with the refreshing of the mod and the duration of the ticks. PB has more ticks than the other 35% finishers, which would make sense if the mod is registering it for another tick of damage. Which is the mod problem, not the power.
    • Like x 1
  16. ??? Well-Known Player

Exactly
  17. Brice Allen Loyal Player

We thought that as well but that isn't the case. Photon and Quantum's Finisher both have the same amount of ticks. Yet Photon procs twice while Quantum's finisher procs once.
  18. BumblingB I got better.

Again, that would be a mod issue, if it is registering it more than once, it should get looked at. There can also be a flag in PB that procs it too, but the power is not bugged, it's the way EM is reading it.
  19. El El Committed Player

I dont care,there is always something to complain.
    If gadget has some sort of a advantage good for them,it wil bring balance to the game.
    First it was HL,then Celestial and now Gadget finisher complains.

Gadget still cant beat HL or Celestial no need for nerf or balance.
    The only thing Devs need to do is buff might to the lvl of precision.

The root of all is Precision vs Might.

Devs Buff might for once thats all what we need to make everything so called balanced.
  20. Never Happy New Player

You are ok...... sometimes :) come off as a little bit fanboyish (or fangirlish you choose ) for a 30+ yrd old man and all

:) still love ya long time kevin
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.