Celestial Powerset Guide/Discussion

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Kristyana, Aug 29, 2013.

1. blklightning New Player

Slight correction, we now have THREE 8-person HoTs. Can't rule out cConsume Soul, though no one ever really uses it.

Having cBlight be an 8-person HoT now brings in overwriting issues. Dual Celestial healers will now have to coordinate their loadouts more. I'm fine with this, as we have plenty of options. This is one aspect of healing that I really miss about Electric. We never had to worry about who had what on their loadout.

I'm looking forward to seeing what McB can do now that it heals 8. Very exciting indeed!
  2. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Combat healing should still be doable, although not as good. I have a few ideas to test though.

PVP Combat healing should be just fine as retribution is IMO a minor part of it, and honestly I may just swap it for smite due to the CC effects of it.

As for Retribution in general for DPS. Just start rotating with smite, that for sure will see better DPS results. Power consumption will still be low, it saw an increase but not one so substantial that it should present a problem.

Plague/DL combos just got better to use, but stacking issues will still be present.

Annoint should be nice, i'll have values eventually =)
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

Treu about cCS. cBlight overwrites? I don't often run with other Celestial healers, so haven't noticed. Would McB overwrite too, especially since it has a damage buff in it? I would assume CS would stack just fine.
  4. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

0 reason to ever have 2 celestial healers doing the same thing.

If you're set on 2 healers, have one in full dps going all out with malediction. The return heals can still be very solid giving great support to a "solo" pure healer. Then battle healer still had the other normal moves for support burst healing.

At least that's my opinion on it. Cblight stacking issues would be bad though, hadn't ever looked at the HoT part honestly, again though not really the end of the world.
  5. blklightning New Player

My tests found that CS overwrites CS and cCS overwrites cCS, but one does not overwrite the other. So, one of use could use CS and the other cCS.

I'm confident that cBlight and the old McB overwrite. Since both were 4-person effects, overwriting wasn't really an issue. I looked at it like biocap. Both Elecs could use it, cuz it only hit 4. Now that cBlight and McB will be affecting 8 people, I expect that 2x Celestials will have overwrite issues.

I believe that the damage buff from McB overwrites as does simply casting Blessing. In the days of 4-person effects, only a few people would be affected by overwriting. You cast it first and it hits 3 others. I cast it a sec later and some of those 3 will receive the buff from me and lose it from you... overwriting. Now that it affects 8 people, I expect overwriting to be the norm.

It's my assumption that CS, cCS, McB, and cBlight will all stack on top of each other. 2x Celestial healers could not run the exact same loadout though, cuz we'd overwrite each other.
  6. Remander Steadfast Player

True. I think I've only run one full raid with another Celestial. Didn't even pay attention, but pretty sure I was battle healing and he was using a more standard loadout.
  7. blklightning New Player

I think cBlight always overwrites if someone receives it from both healers. Now that it's a raid heal, 2x Celestial cannot use it soundly.

We should really treat it like p0t. Healer w/ higher resto should handle HoTs.
  8. 13igtyme Devoted Player

Or just split it. The length of the hots are too short for one healer to constantly keep up. Each healer could just pick two hots and have the rest be burst, shield, etc.
  9. blklightning New Player

That's what I would think. One takes cBlight, and only have 1 battle healer of the two.
  10. Remander Steadfast Player

So, both take CS. One takes AcB with a pure healer loadout. The other takes McB with a battle loadout. If there's only one, he/she can take all three, if desired. Is that the idea?
  11. blklightning New Player

Both cannot take CS, they overwrite. One can have cCS though.

So:
    Healer 1 = Renew, AcB, Blessing, RcW, DL, McB
    Healer 2 = Renew, A, Blessing, CS, DL, SC of choice
    AcB can be done by healer 2 instead of the battle healer.

Healer 1 = Renew, AcB, Blessing, CS, DL, SC
    Healer 2 = Renew, A, Blessing, cCS, DL, SC
  12. 13igtyme Devoted Player

It's any combination of the four HoTs.
    • Like x 1
  13. Remander Steadfast Player

Yes, my bad. Hmmm, haven't had to deal with over writes. Glad there aren't a bunch of Celestial healers in league, lol!
    • Like x 1
  14. blklightning New Player

Quite honestly... unless the heals are small... it looks like GU32 is going to make Celestial healing into God Mode. I've no complaints, but it seems that EVERYTHING is going to heal almost everybody.
  15. Ogat New Player

• Divine Light, while in healer role, will now target group members instead of allies for the initial placement of the healing glyphs. This prevents one of your group members and their pets getting more than one glyph. Also the power cost in healer role was reduced from 450 to 325 (only healer role). yay no more pumpkin trinket getting the glph
    • Retribution's power cost has been increased. 37.5% increase ok i guess
    • Wither's animation has been adjusted to allow you to start weapon attacks earlier.
    • Cleansed Wither's animation has been sped up which has reduced the amount of damage dealt. This is bs.
    • Cleansed Blight will now heal you and up to 7 group members while in healer role. woo
    • Consume Soul's first tick of healing has been increased and one more tick has been added overall. awesome
    • Cleansed Curse will now heal you and up to 3 group members over time when the target is knocked out.still will not use it lol
    • Cleansed Deathmark will now heal you and up to 3 group members when the target is knocked out. don't care
    • Cleansed Malediction will now heal you and up to 7 group members equal to a portion of the damage dealt. don't care
    • Corrupted Benediction will now heal you and up to 7 group members equal to a portion of the damage dealt to enemies from your weapon or Celestial combos. Mother of God!
    • Celestial: Anoint now buffs your Precision by a percentage, rather than by a flat amount.Would be nice except it has way longer cooldown and is a GROUP BUFF
    Aighty, Nerfing cWithers dmg based of reducing animation time is bs..I mean it's an animation you SKIP regardless. Reducing the breach time yes but the animation of the combo itself? Anybody been smoking weed here or what?
    Now for those saying Annoint will balance this out- no, first of all You will kindly allow the 1h user or HL dps in the group to absolutely obliterate you in dmg for the time it's active, secondly it's not active all that often to begin with. They always have to go overbroad..
  16. Remander Steadfast Player

Is it me or will buff stacking now be THE way to DPS with Celestial. Prec trinket/Might Pet/DP/Anoint/Bene>RcW/ScH repeat. I was messing with this on a sparring target and it was absolutely sick. For someone with 1500+ prec, the buffed prec (not even accounting for weapon DPS or any buff soders) will be close to 3000! 3000! I know the CD of Anoint is long, but the effect is pretty long, as well. You can build it with the above abilities and PcDL, for large mobs situations, still leaving a single PP for the 10% crit mag Iconic.
  17. SnipesSaint New Player

What are some of the buffs use for full prec dps before ding their combos? Anoint/DL? Mal/bene?
  18. Remander Steadfast Player

Benediction gives a 10% crit buff to precision and might attacks. Anoint (after GU 32) will give a 45% precision buff, instead of the static +115 precision it currently does on live. Dark Pact is a 35% might buff, which is still helpful with a precision build, as all your precision combos lead with a might attack.
  19. 13igtyme Devoted Player

I've been doing that.
  20. 13igtyme Devoted Player

So anoint is a horrible move because it buffs three other team mates? Really. If anything carnage and anoint are now the best buffs in the game.
    • Like x 1