PS4 Features that DCUO Uses Over PS3

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Superskull85, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Superskull85 Devoted Player

For those debating whether they should switch from the PS3 to the PS4 for DCUO I wanted to share some more hidden features that you may not know about. I listed them in order of importance. So here goes.
    1. Updates are automatically downloaded via the PS4. So you no longer have to start DCUO in order to update the game.
    2. You can view the full patch notes of the last update from the Options menu in the PS4 for DCUO.
    3. You can fully utilize a keyboard in DCUO including movement, powers, chat, etc. However mouses are not supported in games on the PS4 currently though it does support them as well.
    4. If DCUO does crash you can explain what you were doing before it crashed. This is important if you like to report bugs to SOE. This is using the new error reporter in the PS4.
    These are not big features but may important to some people that are on the fence.
    There is a negative with streaming though. When you stream the in-game voice chat from others is also broadcasted alongside the game audio. You can't disable this so this might be a problem if you do not get permission to broadcast your group or leagues permission to so first.
    Hopefully this helps some people in making a decision. :)
    • Like x 12
  2. Night hunterr Dedicated Player

Thanks for the info :) but I think I'll stick with my PS3.
    • Like x 4
  3. BumblingB I got better.

Oh, so they allowed for the keyboard then? I know at SOE Live they said the PS4 wasn't slated to support USB keyboards.
  4. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Yup. USB keyboards and USB headsets both work.
  5. Superskull85 Devoted Player

No problem just thought it would be useful information. :p
  6. BumblingB I got better.

That's cool, as I know at SOE Live it was brought up by a PS3 player who uses a keyboard to type. Loche was the one that said they weren't going to support it. Glad it was allowed. Good for you guys. Though, maybe if they get mouse support, you guys can clip like a boss. ;P
  7. KCTAMU92PC122010 New Player

I have read that some PS4 games can use Keyboard AND mouse. Any truth to this? If so, why not DC; or, are there plans for DC to have the option for Keyboard/mouse in the future?

I have been thinking about getting a PS4 and experiencing. DC anew by learning the controller, but I would like the safety net of the Keyboard/mouse.
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

1. Not sure I like that. Heck I disable the auto update on my PC because I prefer to do it manually. That way I know what is in my PC.

2. ??? Don't we already have that on PS3?? All we need to do is look at the welcome message to get the latest update notes.

3. ??? You can already use a USB keyboard on PS3. How is this new??

4. When you crash with DCUO on the PS3.. you can already send an error report by holding the power button for about 2 seconds. Been doing that for about 2 years.... and it did not seem to help much no matter how many times I did this. Granted you could not describe what you were doing on PS3.... but not sure it will really matter all that much. My guess is that it will be pretty much ignored.
  9. Radium Devoted Player

Theres a difference between automatic updates on a console. If you don't update them(like the latest PSN patch for example, or DC) you can't play online.

We do, but its a nice little feature.

We can use a usb keyboard for typing, but using it for combat is brand new, thats a pretty big game changer it theres no delay.

I still like using it for crash reporting.
    • Like x 2
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

11. Superskull85 Devoted Player

:)
  12. Superskull85 Devoted Player

I can already do that on a controller. :p
  13. Superskull85 Devoted Player

I don't know. The only gamed that I have that would take true advantage of a mouse is DCUO and shooters but I have only played DCUO thus far. I can test it but might take some time.
  14. Superskull85 Devoted Player

You can also bring up the browser while in game in case you don't have another device readily available and want to check the forums or some other website. The same goes for the Live from PlayStation app. TV & Video apps are usable as well along with the PlayStation Store.

Music Unlimited and Video Unlimited can also be used but those were known already.

I'm not saying you should watch videos while in DCUO but it is nice if you need to wait for a Raid to start and have nothing else you could do.

It seems like everything but another game can be used while in any game.

Edit: BTW every game can have patch notes listed under "Update History" of the Options menu in the P34 menu not just DCUO.
  15. BumblingB I got better.

Wait until you try via keyboard and mouse. :p
  16. The Hornet New Player

We ran Dox this morning, for the first time since jumping to PS4. The increase in survivability is incredible. I felt untouchable in there, everything loads, the responsiveness of the controls feels instant, not gummy like PS3's occasional stickiness. It's like moving up from a Cargo Van to a Ferrari in terms of handling.

I'm also excited about the prospect of the keyboard clips. I realized we had this new functionality yesterday when I picked up my keyboard and accidentally hit space and my toon jumped. I think some Bluetooth keyboards are supported, as well, which is surprising given the flap over PS4's Bluetooth limitations. My keyboard is the little Apple wireless job. I'll still probably just use the keyboard for fast typing (especially since my Sony headset isn't yet supported on PS4). Without the availability of the mouse, jump canceling for me on the PS4 isn't much more viable than it was on PS3, and I can already clip everything else just fine with the controller. With a mouse, though, phew, it'd be all she wrote.
    • Like x 2
  17. C3alix Committed Player

I think what OP and others haven't mentioned about DC'ing on the PS4 is that you won't have to turn your console off and then on.

In other words, when the game crashes and freezes, the console won't.

BTW, uploading DC gameplay video + recording DC gameplay video + playing DCUO = network lag, not console lag.
  18. BroadSt Bully Well-Known Player

They work, but you may have to check the size of the USB connector itself, I had one and the USB didn't fit
  19. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

I'm able to use the same keyboard that I've used on my PS3.
  20. Sore Steadfast Player

In my living room on my couch? That sounds awkward.
    • Like x 5