Nova's Magic Mastery Guide to Sorcery

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Whizzkid, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

Cheers! Now I'm glad I started Sorcery DPS all of a sudden. Hahaha!

I'll do more tests with it for further confirmation. I usually just hit an HoD sparring target who's already being hit by people in the area.
  2. LexDakota New Player

I've noticed this too, sometimes in an instance I'd cast Vengeance and multiple people would get the aura. So with that In mind, in terms of buffs what would be more helpful, the VGSA from Vengeance or getting a kill near the soul well because I was thinking of replacing Soul Well.
    Also, how well does the watcher spread bad karma?
  3. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

If he has power, he can use Shared Fate quite often. He's usually in close proximity of targets so it's not a bad method, assuming he has power.
    • Like x 1
  4. LexDakota New Player

I tried running WoD, Shared Fate, CoD, Vengeance, Watcher, Final Ruin. I noticed that it seemed like the Bad Karma was spread more consistently but I felt so much slower without IoR. I ended up swapping out the watcher for it.
  5. XLR8Zero New Player

This needs to change. On the latest video they did on celestial powers, they pretty much confirmed same healing type powers do override each other.
  6. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

As of right now, two Circles of Destiny do not cancel each other out. I'm not sure if it's intended or not but they do not cancel each other. The last time I tested this, a little over a month ago, A friend and I grouped and went to South Gotham to heal our Tank with the Circle of Destiny only and casting our Circles over each other still applied a HoT to him.
  7. XLR8Zero New Player

Are you sure you were actually seeing 2 ticks of heals, when you and your friend casted circle of protection? As for DPS that's fine, it's the healers that are getting nailed with this. You can go watch their video and at the near end they pretty much tell you themselves, same healing powers overrides. Not exactly word for word but it pretty much paints the picture.
  8. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

Yes, when we did it both of us were registering heals with the Circle of Destiny visually and in the combat log. I also ran a pretty smooth Nexus not too long ago with two Sorcery Healers and neither of them had issues healing together. They both threw Circles in the first room to test it out and neither noticed a lack of heals. I will watch the video though. Maybe it has been adjusted since then, or maybe it's currently not working as intended.
  9. XLR8Zero New Player

Here www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjygj_Msx_g

It starts at 0:54:50

Those other heals aren't really being taken to effect.
  10. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

That's an odd statement for them to make. While there are a multitude of powers, and even power interactions, that cancel each other out or overwrite when used by two different players, there are also powers that do not. Perhaps he meant that it's not within there tech limitations to make it so that no powers cancel each other out.
  11. XLR8Zero New Player

If there was any truth to this, controllers wouldn't be able to override each others Power over time ability.
  12. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Hi. Trying to understand the Bad Karma PI. For example in first room of Nexus if the tank has all 4 Luthors/Batmen and they all have BK, will all their attacks help heal the tank?

If in a boss fight and you apply BK via some other means then use WoD, will it still apply the benefit of the polymorph affect even though the boss is not polymorphed?

Thanks!
  13. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

To answer your first question, the effect of the Bad Karma depends on what role you are. If you are in Healer Role then any enemy inflicted with Bad Karma will give off ticks of healing to whomever they hit. If you are in Damage Role then they will simply damage other enemies around them. So, Yes, if all 4luthors have Bad Karma then they will all heal the Tank when they hit him.

Secondly, the Polymorphed effect can still be applied even though the transformation is resisted. However, there is unfortunately no clear way to tell when this happens in Raid content other than the heals that you will see because the targets can not be polymorphed. So if you have a clear way of Polymorphing, Gold Soul Aura +Weapon of Destiny works best for me, then just throw it into your healing rotations and watch for it to take effect when you or allies hi the target.
  14. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Thanks. That's what I thought but wanted to be sure. Sorcery healing seems to be very dependent on the situation unlike the other healing powers who can usually run with the same loadout for everything.
  15. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

No problem and you're right. Well, it depends on the personal preference, really. I like to adjust my loadout for Boss fights and for Mobs. Some other healers push through everything with the same loadout/rotation. So it's all about finding what you like and how/when you want to use it. :D
  16. Black Jaq Devoted Player

my league has so many Nature healers and when Celestial drops I see a lot of people going to it. I just like being able to run content as much as possible and not worry about duplicating power sets. And I'm not going Electric so the switch to Sorcery may be in the cards.
  17. Clench Macboldheart New Player

ive been using my watcher in raids and alerts since I started reading this thread , my question is what suggestions does anyone have about weapon combos while healing? I like rifle for duos and hand blasters for groups .My usual loadout is usually something like circle watcher boon sacrifice trancendence and rejuvinate.also as a side note is it just me or does anyone else wish thier watcher pooped life element?
  18. Chuccles New Player

My load out is: Karmic Backlash/Soul Well,Circle of Destruction,Weapon of Destiny,Final Ruin,Sonic Shout,Arbiter of Destiny
    I don't really see ppl using arbiter in dps stance.Spamming powers does a lot of dmg especially for a sorecery dps plus if your healer goes down you can temporarily take his spot while someone picks him up. So why don't I see ppl using it more? is it the transformation?
  19. FeelsGood New Player

I think it's a great support idea. I would just drop KB for Innovation tho for the 60% buff and use hex and shared fate to spread.
  20. Chuccles New Player

So if I add IoR would that be a good loadout to run the t5raids with