Lightning Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Max Volt, Feb 15, 2013.

1. AIpha New Player

Hey hey VB wasn't dot stacking it was putting electrogenesis on each add now it just puts a normal dot on them. Technically there is a difference between what electric users using vb were doing and what the mental and gadget users responsible for vb nerfed were doing. I just want to make sure that is clear. No electric user ever dot stacked using vb it was working as intended and if I wasn't banned at the time of nerf you better believe I would've defended it .
    • Like x 1
  2. Remander Steadfast Player

Sorry to misrepresent, but the general premise is the same. All those EG-stricken folks hitting each other with their DoTs magnified the effects, much like stacked DoTs. TBH, I hadn't even dabbled in Electricity when the nerf hammer hit, so I never got to experience the glory days of VB. ;)
  3. Deus Ex Tempestas New Player

oohhh It was so powerful that I giggled everytime that I used it lol. But I only used it for a month, there wasn't much lost to me. Just left the game for a month or two, nothing more... :(
  4. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

To each, his own ;):cool:

I used it pre-nerf and it needed to be fixed. Instead of every add damaging the target next to it with the single tick, like it does now, it used to put an actual DoT/ElectroGen on each add like you said. If you had a mob of say 10 adds and you Telsa Ball > VB'd the whole mob there'd be 10 dots and everything virtually died instantly pretty much. In the early Battle For Earth days when we were weak enough for the gates mobs to take a beating, the damage showed out really well there and 1.5mil was a regular run for an Elec Dps.

As it is now, all that really happens is that the damaging field of the dot increases with more adds being involved. I tried Telsa Blast > VB for the sake of power points first but I noticed a better effect from actually electrifying everything since if the add with the DoT dies, the damaging field dies. Therefore, if you electrify the whole mob something will always keep the PI going until there is only one target left.
  5. AIpha New Player

Fixed VB always gave 1 less dot on the group than there were adds. Thats how I knew it was putting an electrogenesis on the adds not dots because electrogenesis. If you put electrogenesis on a group of 3 adds, 1 add will have 2 ticks and the other two will have 1 tick. Putting an electrogenesis on 10 adds would result in all 10 getting 9 dots. I agree it was strong but ONLY on add groups and quite honestly the dot was not strong at all, maybe 1/3 the power of an electrogen. It was strong but no where near as strong as thought bubble stacking or fear gas stacking.
  6. The Saiyan New Player

I haven't used VB in quite some time, beginning stages of t5 for testing. On small groups of adds I really enjoy it, but bigger groups and single target there is less of a benefit especially since there is a small animations. It would be more beneficial if they changed it to maybe a third power interaction like possibly adding a charged pi and it could help stack overcharge or something along those lines. I'll have to test it some more since my might has grown quite significantly since that time.
  7. DonInazuma New Player

I have a Lightning DPS. Loadout is a normal one. Wired - E.Burst - E.cute - VB - E.gen - CB(100%). with Cirt chance and crit damage as my iconics. I have 1 power left and have no idea what to get. I was think +100 HP or +50 DEF.
  8. LexDakota New Player

Personally I find that the DPS supercharges are virtually useless so I'd drop CB. Also, wired won't electrify enough enemies (in my experience) for Electrocute to be used to it's full potential so Tesla Ball or S. Push would help out a lot. And most DPSs take Weapon's Expert and Tactical Genius, I know I'd never run without them, but that's just me.
  9. Remander Steadfast Player

If you want a DPS SC, go with Speed Drain (if SS) or Vacuum Bubble (if Flight). No SC in this game is worth 100%. I'd put your extra point in power (Wisdom of Solomon). I find it more useful than health or defense as DPS.
    • Like x 1
  10. 13igtyme Devoted Player

I think its just an overgeared dude wasting power. When T5 ops came out I was doing them as a solo dps in 30 min. This is on my mental toon but still think he's just wasting power. Got the shield feat in family with just me dpsing and 1 piece of T5. Killed one batman before shield ever popped.
  11. Lokkii Committed Player

a.k.a. mental is OP
  12. Elusian Crowd Control

Mental needs to be nerfed! Fact!

*runs*
    • Like x 1
  13. 13igtyme Devoted Player

By using a single target load out only. When I go into nexus and wave my damage drops in the hallways unless I tag every add with a dot and get a few tk blasts to crit when a tank tosses them.
  14. MonkeySparkz New Player

I have been running Nexus & Wave a lot lately & I noticed I get out healed by the other healer. Is it normal that my numbers aren't as high as Nature & Sorcery or am I a bad healer? :/
  15. Remander Steadfast Player

Nature and Sorcery have better HoTs that allow them to constantly pump out heals, even when you go out of combat. Honestly, as a healer, your job is to help keep the team alive. If the run is going smoothly, your healing out really shouldn't matter. Leave the scoreboard chasing to the DPS.
  16. T20thoughts New Player

Speaking as a Nature healer, I can say that Nature, at least, will generally heal more than Electric simply because Nature HOTs keep topping up health automatically before Electric safety nets can get to them.

The Nature healer acts almost like the "main" healer when running with Electric, if both healers aren't spamming burst heals (which you shouldn't because it's dumb). If the Nature healer keeps topping up, the safety nets that Electric healers run with won't trigger as often, so you often get "wasted" power.

Which isn't actually a bad thing. If both the Nature and Electric healer are good healers, that simply means that the group is safe. Always better to have a wasted safety net than to need one and not have one.
    • Like x 1
  17. Remander Steadfast Player

I'll add that Electricity is very complementary to both Nature and Sorcery. Personally, I love running with them (and vice versa), because everything just seems easier. You have the constant HoTs flowing and are able to set up your safety nets and burst heal when needed. Running two Electricity healers in a raid is definitely doable, but I find it more difficult.
  18. Davidian1986 New Player

Hi Guys,

I'm kind of new in this game, kind of a noob, getting used to clip and all that ( and with my current computer fighting with it, but Ill get a new one soon :) )

I'm lvl 17, speedster electricity DPS using brawling atm... should I change to DW ? What are the benefits for DW for electricity? is the regen provided by DW good better than Brawling?

I'm running (or building towards.. )

Static Push
    Electrostatic Bomb
    Electrocute
    Wired
    Voltaic Bolt
    Electrogenesis

Hope you can help me, it has been really useful to read all this pages xDD

(I have a lvl 30 HL char (Ionsky), but realized there are TONS AND TONS of lanterns... so decided to lvl a speedster (Red Fuse))
  19. Remander Steadfast Player

Brawling is a slower weapon, but hits harder and regenerates relatively more power (which is why so many HL players like to use it to regenerate within their construct combos). Since you aren't using construct combos as Electricity, DW is likely a better option because of the speed, though feel free to use whatever weapon you like. I've always loved DW, though I've been running MA more recently. That loadout is fine. What sort of rotations are you using with it?
  20. Davidian1986 New Player

From the loadout I have only the first three powers, as Im lvl 17, Static Push, EB and Electrocute, Ill get the other as I level, the order of those three is just as I wrote it... after that I have no idea what order I'd use :(

I'm having issues with regen or Im kind of scared of not having power xD That's why I chose brawling and I¡m used to the combos, never used DW though.