Best Mental DPS & Troller Loadouts

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by jaiden, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Dianna WD New Player

Nothing wrong, agree... But say the 60% powers are strong? Yes, is wrong...
  2. siressarchangel Dedicated Player

I can attest to The Hornets dpsing prowess...whether you think he has a grasp of Mental Powers or not, he's a great DPS. I personally don't know jack **** about Mental, so i can't attest to that, but he kicks some serious *** in raids
    • Like x 1
  3. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Sigh it's not about the damage the move itself does its about the damage lock from the hand mod
    • Like x 4
  4. The Hornet New Player

You're stacking dots on everything in that hallway? Good for you, that's a lot of ads to single out and prioritize. I think I'll just kill them now and move on, but if you want to sit there and shake each ad's hand personally, more power to you.
    • Like x 1
  5. Dianna WD New Player

Soul, if you are saying about fire... I agree, because use the Fireburst/MassDetonation every 20 seconds just to get the 60% bonus from Enduring dmg is great... Why? Why most of the Fire powers are 35% and is a nice dmg increase if you up it to 60%

But when we are talking about Mental or Quantum, isnt... My Mental rotation is always doing 45-50%, most of the time 50%. Stop a lot of time to get just 10-15% dmg isn't good.

But I don't agree with Fire dps spamming Fireburst/MassDetonation, is very crap.
  6. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Thanks for the info.

I gave up on that Femto thread long ago. I kept up with it all the way through the TB glitch and fix, and a little while after. That was the old forum, of course. Maybe it's better now.

This thread has had me thinking about dropping in on my troll again to see where I left off, and converting him to the dps side.
  7. Gerbal New Player

Im not saying theres anything wrong with it. Im just saying not to claim its the best when it isnt adds or no adds. Thats all im arguing
  8. Gerbal New Player

Well im guessing you must not use your weapon a lot because id venture to say my hand blasters does more aoe dmg in 3 seconds then tk bolt not to mention mt menace pyro ticking as well. On the low end of hb I do roughly 2700 dps on 3 adds no crits. Thats 900 dmg per add clip that with pyro for a instant tick of 400-450 (thats your numbers btw) then thats 3200dps compared to your 2800dps. Now I simply push right or left on d-pad do same hb combo clip with pyro and do the same dps again only now I have a 13sec dot on 2 adds. Now my dps is rising maybe an extra 200dps between the 2 adds. Oh and theres still time to do another hb combo before you get your 2800 dps and finish tk bolts cast time. now I run my rotation slightly different I was just proving a point. Didnt even factor in mt or menace dmg which is always up for me.
    • Like x 1
  9. The Hornet New Player

Cool, so we're making **** up now.
  10. 13igtyme Devoted Player

That's what I was saying. They are both good moves but serve a different purpose and most people think it's kind of redundant on most loadouts.
  11. 13igtyme Devoted Player

I've tried cryo and mass lev, the damage was average for very high power cost. Not worth it imo.
    • Like x 1
  12. 13igtyme Devoted Player

Hey kettle, hows it going?
    • Like x 1
  13. Gerbal New Player

Have you tested it probably not. My hb quick hold doe 250 aoe dmg and tap does 650 aoe dmg. numbers done on a sparring target are false as every move will hit harder in real content. It doesnt matter to me if you use tk bolt its not a terrible move but its an overall loss in dmg. People need to know that and stop taking everything they read on these forums as fact because theyre not fact.
  14. 13igtyme Devoted Player

My mental rotation is always at 60%.....
  15. 13igtyme Devoted Player

Nice contradiction there.
    • Like x 1
  16. The Hornet New Player

And I'm getting 800-1000 per ad on my clipped shield throw in-between powers. So what's your point? You're not going to out-DPS a TK bolt shot on a hallway mob (3 ads times 1,200-5,000 damage EACH) with your handblasters. Not on this planet, anyway. I'm sorry, but no, just, no.
    • Like x 1
  17. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Why does everything have to be "the best"
    the old terrorized loadout and rotation is good
    the new tk bolt rotation is also good.

they are close enough that player skill will be the biggest factor, arguing over nothing really
    • Like x 5
  18. Dianna WD New Player

Why? A lot of dps in this game don't know how to do a nice dmg with his powers.

And I'm not talking about something like... "OHHH, my team killed one hologram before the special atk" Like one player said.

I'm talking about OP things like... "3 dps killed all hologram and 80% of main Lex before the second shield and Lex killed before the special atk"

I'm talking about 3 dps killing that Ravager, boss with heal fountains in less than 4 minutes. Without use stats soders, and with a random group. But OP dps.

And AOE dmg don't help to kill Ravager, kill fountains isnt necessary. But kill the boss faster as possible is nice.

Do you know the main problem with most of the players?! They want NUMBERS, they want a high score number. Do you know what I want?! I want smoother raids with boss dying really fast. A paradox run with all mini boss and main boss dying so fast.

But most of the players are wanting aoe dmg to farm dps on Fountains... But, why?! Just focus on boss, will be better... And Terrorize + all dots will do it perfectly. Under 35%, I'm doing 6300 max dmg with my Terrorize in JUST 1.7 SECONDS ANIMATION!!!! And using ALL MY DOTS WITH 50% DMG, because I'm using between each Terrorize. It's the best single. Is the best build to make all raids smoother.
  19. The Hornet New Player

I agree. For me, going waaaaaay back to the beginning of this, was the comment made that mental DPS is so deficient in AOE that it cannot keep pace with gadgets, or quantum, or HL. That statement just runs remarkably contrary to my experience with the power, and I took umbrage with the potential of having a bunch of folks asking for advice walking away thinking, "Damn, I have to single-target to be a strong mental DPS." Absolutely not true.
  20. Dianna WD New Player

Okay, man... you don't need to do single target to be a strong mental dps, but don't compare your aoe dmg with HL/Quantum/Gadgets aoe...

In 3.5 seconds, Gadgets can do Napalm+Fear+Gauss+Foam... and his aoe dmg will be better than your tkb or fireburst or massdetonation. I said it.

Napalm+Fear+Gauss+Foam = 4 Rifles grenades... Against last last boss = each one doing 800 critical = 3600k max critical only with prec dmg. Gauss + Napalm will do 1300+1300 = 2600 x3 targets = 7800 max dmg, and Fear will do 500x3 targets = 1500 dmg + overtimes, I don't remember the dmg.

But in 3.5 seconds, a gadgets doing 7800+3600+1500 total dmg sounds better than TKB ; )

Did you watch my HL video? That first combo is aoe and sounds stronger than TKB