Scientists in BIA

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by BRITTENY, Jun 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

You're unable to get credit for turning them in. Please fix, thanks.
    • Like x 16
  2. Nidalee Level 30

In the Central City/Open World portion of the alert, cannot deliver scientists.
    • Like x 1
  3. thirty six Loyal Player

Brothers In Arms, but thanks for the info
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are investigating.
    • Like x 2
  5. OMAAR New Player

Anyone else have problems today where bringing the scientists to the entrance failed to do anything?
    • Like x 4
  6. Wilder Midnight New Player

Not sure if this has been posted the scientists are not registering as being brought to a safe spot.

there are dozenbs of them wandering around the entrance to the flash museum...

they have science to do too!
    • Like x 2
  7. BrownMamba New Player

Yes they seem to be wandering and not getting to the safe zone.
  8. General Zod 10000 Post Club

9. LeMan_Bayon New Player

Do they eventually go in and register or is it impossible to advance? I still see many shouts for BIA.
  10. Critics New Player

Yea it happened to me yesterday where I picked up an scientist, he would walk 5 steps and go back down lol
  11. Trinidad James Loyal Player

12. Dynagirl Committed Player

I completed BIA today what seems to be happening IMO is that they no longer auto run to the entrance when they get close. You have to get them to move into the actually completion zone. The problem is that this zone is very small and invisible. It is not in the area directly in front of either entrances but somewhere along the barricade. Hope that helps
    • Like x 1
  13. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

Ran them all over the entrance. Nothing registered. :( Tried this on two different occasions.
  14. chaoticreign New Player

Each group has to go to a fresh spawned scientist, clear the mobs around your scientist and then they count.

The problem is the first person to "unlock scientist" is only one who can bring it in now. If you did not unlock it it either keeps falling down or does not register if it follows you back. It was very easy to see people running around unlocking and not bringing in scientists over and over to grief this, making it so that anyone who tried to bring those scientists in could not get credit. This was BS as the zone was full of scientists no one could get credit for and it was hard to know which ones had not been ruined by the griefers.

Seeing this my group and I simply waiting for a "fresh spawn" killed the mobs around it and brought that one in and did this one at a time... no issues at all. Took longer then normal, but were done well before the players that keep trying to get fresh scientists without fighting mobs to get to them.

While I am sure this is a bug...I love it. All those players who never clear the mobs and simply split in 4's and go all over madly trying to bring in scientists or steal scientist from a group that is clearing the mobs together, were sitting there not knowing what to do today. In a way, I was like you know what you deserve it for your scientists stealing, no mob clearing tactics.

Thus bug should lead to a perma change. Make it so you have to kill the mobs spawned with the scientists, to get the scientist to register once it is brought back. If it is brought back and the mobs that were spawned with it are still there... no credit.
    • Like x 2
  15. MuTeDx Committed Player

not the best idea i've heard. but on topic we cleared the mobs around and ran 2 of them back (they were close together) and no credit would be given. i ran them around the the entrance in a grid like fashion to see if i could find the sweet spot and nothing. even went around to the back of the museum with them and then came all the way back around. its broken right now and yes some people are getting lucky and it works for them but just because you got lucky doesnt mean thats how it should work b/c it didnt for me. (6 times i've tried)
  16. TheDark Devoted Player

Just delete the Central City part of the ops. It's the only torture.
    • Like x 10
  17. chaoticreign New Player

You had to get a new spawn, I am telling you. There was a group of people simply unlocking and leaving them there making it look like they were new, but were already unlocked and only the person unlocking them (or their group) could bring them in. The were griefing the entire zone.
  18. MrsSupreme New Player

I just tried this to the letter and no luck. I walked the scientist all the way to the entrance after killing the mob and zip.

"Just delete the Central City part of the ops. It's the only torture."

^^^ This is a great idea!!!
  19. King Atom New Player

pretty much the methods mention here are not working the scientist are just wondering around in packs!,So family it is till then!
  20. Badname8293 New Player

here is video of this madness
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.