A Chilly Guide to Everything Ice

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Radium, Feb 15, 2013.

1. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

IIRC it was the last one to change but it did change. All shields are 100% resto+dom.
  2. bedovean New Player

Yea but that 150 defense gets increased by 90 percent adding up to 285, didnt know if that was worth it before the shields and health.
  3. Cream Corn New Player

285 Defense When You're Rocking Over 11K In Full T5 Is A Very Small Increase. While Blocking With The Fortified Blocking Mod Your Defense Is Over 18K. In T5 Content You'll Be Blocking Most Of The Time So 285 Extra Defense Is Pretty Pointless. Health Is Always Needed. If Anything Just To Give Your Healers A Bit Of Breathing Room.
  4. bedovean New Player

ah kk thx for the advice, jeebie knows me i understand the mechanics just have never used ice before XD
    • Like x 1
  5. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

^^ my thinking exactly.

Defense would be nice in say paradox though where your doing a lot more running around and a lot less blocking, but in nexus I'm a turtle, and that defense is going unused for the most part.
  6. Radium Devoted Player

Ok, so I missed one line when I updated it, sue me :p
  7. Cream Corn New Player

Even In Paradox I Wouldn't Spec Defense. At The End Of The Day It Only Amounts To About 1% Dmg Reduction. I'd Rather Take Those 15 Skill Points And Add 105 Dmg To Each Of My Shields Through The Second Tier Resto.
  8. bedovean New Player

loser XD jk
  9. Radium Devoted Player

The Def innate is near useless now, and very soon the Health innate with it.

SP are in need of a serious revamp soon before they become worthless.
  10. Cream Corn New Player

This Entire Game Is In Need Of A Revamp. Their Way Of Making Stats Not Cap Out Is Armor Penetration. what Will They Do When They Reach 95% Armor Penetration. If They Keep It Up, T6 Will Get Close To Making Defense Completely Useless And We'll Be Using Pvp Gear Exclusively.
  11. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Well the offensive capabilities PVE > PVP

And for Ice, armor piercing doesn't eliminate the need for defense, it simply makes it so we need the latest and greatest to benefit.

What it will do though is make that HP for other roles FAR better than the defense and it'll be a choice of "couple hundred more might or couple thousand health". I do already hear of fire tanks going full PVP in PVE content because of the HUGE hp gains. 12-14kish with some defense, or 30k with none other than what they gain from blocking.
  12. Cream Corn New Player

My Fastest Nexus Run Was 51 Min And I Took About 500K Dmg. 1% More Defense Cuts 50K Dmg. 105 More Resto With A Shield Up Every 4 Seconds Negates About 81K Dmg. Resto Wins.
  13. Cream Corn New Player

Exactly. So When They Eventually Reach 95% Armor Penetration(Which Will Happen Soon If They Continue On This Path) Defense Will Be Useless Even For Ice. Therefore The HP On Pvp Gear Will Be Better Than The Defense On Pve.
  14. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

They will only hit 95 armor piercing when our defense requires it. It's scaled to ice tanks. So it will never become useless for us.

at 95% armor piercing our defense would be 106500 unless my math is off for us to still hit the max, which is the reason they put it in. I think that's a long way off. That's 10X gain of what we have now. We're talking years and years before that happens considering we are only going to get 1 tier a year it looks like. Base defense woudl be 56052.

At that point HP values woudl likely be around 60k+ at that point anyways if things scale the same as they are now. PVP gear, who knows what it'll be I'm still hoping they reign it in and balance it out eventually so pvp gear isn't making pve gear look dumb with it's difference in hp values.

Either way look at those numbers, I don't think we're anywhee close to that and it'll be years before we hit something like 95 armor piercing.

Realize if we go from the 6k defense we see now to say 7.5k next year that'll have us at 14250 buffed defense and only need 60-70 armor piercing to keep us under or at the cap.
  15. Cream Corn New Player

I Was Going Off The Progression Of The Penetration. I Forget The Exact Values But T4 To T5 Was Like 45-60%. Already I Think That's Way Too Much.

My First Mmo Was Ffxi So That's Where My Mind Goes To Compare. They Had Algorithms Where Your Defense Is Compared To The Enemies Attack To Determine Dmg Range And Your Vit Compared To Enemy Str To DeterminE How Big Or Small The Numbers In That Range Are. That Way You Could Have Infinite Defense But.You'll Still Take A Dmg Due To The Enemies Stats Being Equal Or Greater To.Yours.
  16. ice13741 New Player

people I need to know what is better for a ice tank red socket mod Dom might or Dom prec
  17. Radium Devoted Player

It really makes no difference.

Although if your running T5 content you should be able to count on your hand the amount of times you use your weapon in Nexus. Everything else is pretty forgiving.
  18. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Neither, Health/might or Health/prec =b, jk I do prefer the health personally though.

As radium said either works. Might likely will be slightly better but we're talking like 100 damage more in a fight or something miniscule like that. In Nexus/para you do very little attacking and much more blocking and just poping out to hit a power so I guess Might. When running solo/alert stuff I like prec though. So imo it's a wash, which one can you get an expert made of easily? That's what I used to choose :D
  19. ice13741 New Player

one more thing I'm having a little bit trouble with my loadout it's IS,WW ,BW, SR, reflection but the last slot I don't know what would be the better choice WT or FW
  20. Radium Devoted Player

Preference.

I use WT cause of the group knockdown and inflicting Frostbite.

Freeze Wave is a knockdown as well, but a lot cheaper and no Frostbite.