Pics of Gu26 styles

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Smart Bomb, May 28, 2013.

1. HakuroDK New Player

I love how people are getting all hot and bothered with the costume pieces and their lack of iconic symbols.

Take the symbols out of the equation and the costumes look exactly the same. Sure, there's no S or Bat symbol, but this is the same problem that everyone had with Fight For The Light and the lack of a Green Lantern symbol.

The reason for that is that, in the story's canon, you are an exobyte-infused human being. You can't wear the Bat symbol because you're not a member of the Bat family. You can't wear the symbol of the House of El because you're not a Kryptonian from the House of El. You can't wear the Green Lantern emblem because you were not chosen by an actual Lantern ring (You were chosen by a deputy ring. Completely different situation). That's the reason in-character.

Out of character, you sign a contract with SOE and DC Comics, which takes the copyright of any and every character you make in DC Universe Online. Ergo, they have the right to refuse certain parts of a costume be used, as they own the character you're using. It wouldn't be fair, except everyone who plays this game signed that contract that most people didn't bother to read. That's why there are some characters I will never make despite how cool the idea is, and instead write it down myself. I don't want to be sued for the use of a character I created on DC Universe Online that is owned by SOE and DC Comics.

But that's the explanation, in and out of character. Does it suck for someone who wants to use that? Yeah, it does. But is there anything that can really be done? No. With the exception of the iconic armors (which was probably a huge process to get approved by DC Comics, to my knowledge), I don't think there will ever be any iconic emblems in this game outside of those pieces of iconic gear and the tee shirts/baseball caps/hoodies that were pre-approved by DC Comics for use and it's ultimately up to them what can and cannot be in DC Universe Online.
    • Like x 3
  2. Delta795 New Player

Personally would have been PISSED if it DID have the "S" on it. I'm a longtime GL fan and here's our iconics and what it is supposed to look like
    [IMG]
    Vs what it DOES look like
    [IMG]
    Notice anything missing?
  3. indee2025 New Player

You're only gonna get sodas and necklaces from lockboxes you already had in inventory before the update....lots of people tried to stockpile their lockboxes but that didn't work
  4. Slado Active Player

5. Slado Active Player

Using the Villian "Mercenary Malice" for the moment, still need the "Master Mercenary" one...
    • Like x 1
  6. General_Gear New Player

Here's the promo for Master Mercenary
    [IMG]
    10/10 would wear
  7. Slado Active Player

And done :)

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  8. General_Gear New Player

I salute you for finishing this set
    [IMG]

How hard was it to get all the pieces?
    • Like x 1
  9. Slado Active Player

Thanks Gear! It took ALOT of cash, checking the auction house frequently, watching trade chat, and a big help from a HERO of all people ;) I'm pretty sure the head is the rarest piece, followed by the shoulders, but that could all change after the prom box update tomorrow *shrug*. The head will be in high demand because it's the hero's first chance to get a Deathstroke mask, and there are quite a few that want it bad
  10. TrueMarvel New Player

Now going to go legendary
  11. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

heres what i have for lethal zealot
    [IMG]
    chest gloves and belt
  12. Skynin New Player

Don't have any. But i can show some compounds screens...
    • Like x 1
  13. Karnevil Committed Player

how the heck do you guys amass this many styles so quickly? I have 7 characters and haven't got the first piece yet. C'MON DEVS!!!
  14. tukuan Devoted Player

You do realize that they are just buying them on the broker right?
  15. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Im trying to sell the deathstroke boots on USPC but nobody is answering my thread on what they go for. No listing in the broker.
  16. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

the complete set with the new 52 superman colorizing i like the set i wear most of it... i dont wear the belt but the rest i do..and i use the newly changed embelished style cape..it now allows three colors on it.... i know some of you are very unhappy but they really did do a good job on this suit they made it look as close to the superman style as possible good job devs
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  17. Karnevil Committed Player

no didn't realize that they could do that. so....how does one do that? I thought these styles were only from lockboxes.
  18. General Zod 10000 Post Club

They are trade-able.
  19. Adogg5 New Player

Thank you for posting this. Many have asked if you can put an emblem on it and never received proof. I'd love to have the S on the chest but I respect that the devs could not do that for numerous reasons.
  20. Karnevil Committed Player

**nevermind** for some reason when I saw 'broker' i thought marketplace.