Update 25 videos - Odyssey

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Cold Fuzion, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Elusian Crowd Control

• Like x 1
  2. Eärl New Player

Thanks that you are telling these informations for premium/free users:) Really glad you do this.

One question, if they delete marks of tactic/strategy/lore can you will change them into Marks of Valor, or something? or only for Tokens of merit?
  3. Breedin Bull New Player

That much vit will be untouchable by any content. With all the cooldown for powers, and the fact that two lightning dps can't run together, that much power just can't be used. The devs are probably going to throw some cheap power stealing enemies in the new raids, and tout it as a new and exciting more challenging way to play.
  4. Laura Lightning Level 30

These huge state increases are probably in preparation for the Trigon DLC
    • Like x 1
  5. Mad9 New Player

thanks for the awesome update bro. much appreciated.
  6. Elusian Crowd Control

Wait what? o.o'
    • Like x 1
  7. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Yes, you can convert the current Marks of Tactics and Marks of Strategy to Marks of Valor once Update 25 goes live. Though Influence will be removed completely so it's best you use that now while you still can.
    • Like x 1
  8. Mad9 New Player

9. Ogat New Player

So everyone can grab their respec tokens and change to a burst dps now. 1700 unbuffed vita holy smokes..
  10. NoZaku New Player

its generally not a good idea to bring two of the same powers that are DPS in a raid. (with the the exception of Gadgets, Light and Mental)
    because of power interactions.

Electricity rely on power interactions to maximize its damage. So if you have 2 electric DPS then one of them would do less damage because the other is taking advantage of the PI.

its the same story for Healers, Nature HoT's dont stack, Sorcery Circle of Healing does not stack.
  11. TheLoneLantern New Player

Well, ftp players now have access to T4 gear, which they can only get from running inner (atm). With this update, all those MoT that they have been saving will go to T4 armor. I've been at the 50k cap for a while now, and have lost about 20k because I can't afford to spend them on ToM fast enough. I believe that the devs took this in mind.
    • Like x 1
  12. Cold Fuzion New Player

PvP Armour and Weapon update

• Like x 2
  13. TheLoneLantern New Player

What could be interesting, is if power costs scaled with might and precision. It seems like it would be a bit tricky to figure out, but that would add an extra dimension to the gameplay, hopefully.

Or, maybe the devs have been listening to our blue battery complaints and are now requiring the cc aspect of trollers in this new content. One controller would be the battery, and the other would do the necessary cc work.

Then again, I could just be looking at this optimistically.
    • Like x 1
  14. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

My point is moot now with the MoW conversion increase, but I felt at the time that the grind was too much for a new player. I know that if I were to walk in as a new player (not necessarily a ftp) having to grind out 20k for my T3, then after that 50k (at the 65-1 conversion rate with no T4 weekly boxes) for my T4 (and then the mods on top of that to access T5) would have seemed over the top and I probably wouldn't have bothered with the game at all. I know that we, with our additional experience, have marks stored up, know the shortcuts, know where to farm for best results, etc. But I think back to my first character, where I dutifully ground through the tiers, and to me at least, I wouldn't have bothered with it under the old conversion rate. I think they made a good decision increasing the conversion and like I said earlier, that's addressed my major problem with it (although I would still like to see weekly/monthly reward boxes for T4 content - especially if it helped us complete additional styles).
  15. Breedin Bull New Player

Ok, ok, you know must what I mean mr wise guy, I was hoping I didn't have to go into details, which I'm sure you know about. It is not the same running two electrics together, is that better :p
  16. Bishop New Player

Perhaps I have misconstrued you, and if so please clarify, but this doesn't really mean anything.

Conversion rates are only useful for Marks that are otherwise untradeable at vendors, the perfect example being Marks of Krypton. You cannot obtain MoK anymore so the rate is only of past benefits. Therefore going ahead, these conversion rates do not mean anything to future characters obtaining the T4 sets unless the T4 content still gives out MoW. In that case, your point is valid; however as someone has just quoted the vendor requiring MoT then I may surmise that is not the case.

Anyone clarify?

Bishop
  17. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

I can't seem to find the post again, but I'm sure that someone said that the Marks of War drop in your pack, then when you use them they convert to the Marks of Triumph.
  18. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

^^ Definetly a concern. Something I noticed that seemed odd but awesome was the Vit on dps gear. If I can get t3ish vit numbers wearing t5 dps, hmm. Vit focused DPS as the "second Troll" vs actual trolls, just someone dpsing and tossing an instnat power here and there to help the "solo troll". /shrug The new stats look interesting.
  19. mecha New Player

any word on what happens to the t1 pvp armour? such as the hawkman and deathstroke sets
  20. Bishop New Player

I see however it seems a bit of a peculiar system to adopt. Would it not be prudent to simply make it Casex125 Marks of Triumph much like the current system? Probably myself being pedantic but seems one more wonky thing to clear up at a later date.

Bishop