Why do YOU stay on Indar??

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MasterCheef, Feb 15, 2013.

1. sustainedfire

Esamir and Amerish do not have enough outposts.

The terrain on Amerish needs to be carved up a bit more, with some roads being added into the mountains. Noone likes being forced onto one road- especially when there are no stops along the long drive to the next base. It makes the travel to each base really tedious.

Esamir is alright, though again, needs some more outposts added to help keep the fight moving. It just needs some more action sites.
  2. TomoB

Would help a lot if I could deploy to my squad leader (who is in another continent) directly and it wouldn't require such a hassle to first spawn at the warpgate and then go to the goddamn warp console.
  3. Punishment

Because its the only bloody continent a VS player can play on the Miller server without being outnumberd 1 to 10 by TR and NC.
  4. MarlboroMan-E

You musta missed the part about locking up Esamir. Of course you would miss that point if you're a TE ballwasher. Enjoy your zerging.
  5. NovaAustralis

I'd like to see the 'population' % graphs for the continents presented as finite numbers.

Instead of:
    VS = 15%
    TR = 20%
    NC = 65%

You'd see:
    VS = 75
    TR = 100
    NC = 325

(The graphs would still be in proportion to the ratios.)

This way you could see whether or not taking your platoon of ~40 players to a different continent would actually make a difference.
    Percentages disguise real numbers making it difficult to get a sense for what is really going on.
    Currently, I suspect that 80% on Amerish = a platoon, whereas 80% on Indar = hundreds of players.
  6. Xuram

I stay on Indar because I love the valleys and canyons and just terrain in general for diving in and out of in my scythe taking out vanguards, prowlers, and lightnings as I do it :D
  7. Brewergamer

Well the other continents seem like there's barely anyone on them compared to Indar. Server merges would fix this and if they did server merge then I would probably play the other continents more often.
  8. ClusterBomb

I hate Indar, it is Generic. It isn't Infantry friendly at all. I try to take a base boom, a tank kills me. I try to run out of respwan boom. a plane kills me. Everything about Indar I hate. Especially since it has the crown. Im only play with VR, and if my team gets The Crown, well the dumbies all group up to defend the crown while our Zones get takin.

The Crown is the worst thing that could have ever happen.
  9. ClusterBomb

Indar is crap, the other maps are fantastic, but I think people prefer to play the map that gives them the Advantage.
  10. ClusterBomb

That is the thing, people want to play in Tanks because they can't play Infantry or it is to hard. I am sick of tanks in Indar, it is a huge disadvantage for Infantry, and because of the high cliffs, I can't even fly a plain for more then 2 mins without someone locking onto me from the ground and killing me. Indar is hugely unbalanced.
  11. Gamertech

I play on Indar because... No-one plays on the other continents and ghost capping is really boring...
  12. irishroy

^this^
  13. Vapid

I fight on Indar simply because it's the only continent you're guaranteed action on. If you're in Amerish or Esamir, it's simply a race to see who can ghost cap faster. /thread
  14. Endlos

If the queue to get into Indar is over 100 people (due to the servers actually being populated) then people most definitely will start using the other two continents more.
  15. SgtBreastroker

Last time I checked continents don't have population caps. I only thought a server has a population cap.
  16. IMTasty

Continents do have caps. 666 people on each faction if I remember correct. Miller often caps out Indar at 33/33/33 and do it less frequently on Esamir as well.
  17. HMR85

The only reason I sit on Indar with my outfit is because the other two continents are ghost towns. There is no incentive to make players want to head to the other continents to contest them.

Personally, I love the layout of Amerish. The terrain forces players to change up their tactics some. Unfortunately there is just nobody to fight there.
  18. Koadster

They created a primitive lattice system by using terrain to help funnel fights plus it was the first continent to introduce all those outer base walls/shields. You think Indar is all great but you should have seen it in beta compared to when Amerish came out, Indar today is a byproduct of ideas started in Amerish. Go look at any early dev meetings to get further info on it.

How the hexes work is not... How so?
  19. WUNDER8AR

Put simply, there's no fights on the other continents. I'm sick of it. Things need to change quick otherwise I'll probably quit playing
  20. Wintermaulz

Because on genudine, everyone is hardcore indar fans (and i mean everyone) Only time to go to esamir or amerish is if you want to ghost cap your way to get the bonus'. No other reason.