What was your best ever "fluke" kill?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Meeka, May 26, 2013.

1. DarkerHalf

An alert started on Amerish, and I went down to the hills around Xelas to set up an AV mana turret. I set a couple AP mines down on a little ravine up to where I was hiding. I kill a couple sunderers, we lose the biolab, etc. I spend the next hour and a half running a skyguard or a sunderer. Near the end of the alert we're trying to retake Xelas, and I get sniped. I respawn and head up into the hills where I saw the sniper, start chasing him around for a couple minutes. Suddenly he explodes and I get the kill. He hit the AP mines that I set down over an hour ago and forgot about.
    • Up x 2
  2. MFP_TK_01

I've recently have switched to the Trac5 S to play with the smoke launcher. On 2 separate occasions now I have been caught off guard by the enemy while I'm launching a barrage of smoke in a area and instinctively I go to shoot back not realizing I'm still on the launcher, so I ended up killing both guys with a smoke canister.
    • Up x 3
  3. S1eB

I was sniping through a doorway at some infiltrator off in the distance. Just as I fired my shot, two TR guys ran into the room, somehow my bullet killed both of them with a headshot and it also carried on going and killed the infiltrator I was aiming at.

I was like :eek: Don't think i'll ever have that happen to me again.
    • Up x 1
  4. Enxel

Found a bunch of clumped up NC guys near the vehicle shield exit on a tech plant when I was sniping over a hill, aimed at the head of an medic, he moved and got group kill from a bouncing betty :rolleyes:
    • Up x 2
  5. Rodinvac

A fluke kill I remember was one time while I was driving around in a Lightning and an ESF shows up (can't remember which one, but I think it was a Mossie), sets up for a rocket run and I fire off a shot in its direction while trying to take cover: the pilot sees me shooting and dodges straight into the shell. Said shell was a 100mm AP shell, so the ESF blows up before the pilot can do anything.
    • Up x 1
  6. TKBoom

A few days ago, we were defending a post with a tower, can't remember which one. Had to be 40-50 players on each side. I'm running around the lower deck and a lone enemy comes around the corner. In a panic to switch weapons with the scroll wheel, I actually pushed it, which by default, is set to melee attack......Touchdown!!
    • Up x 1
  7. Daibar

i have had some good ones,

one of my favorit memories are when i was learning to snipe, i took an engineer with an anti-tank mine, me being 250 meters away from him.
    he dropped the anti tank mine, i aimed for it and it exploded taking him with it.

much laughter was had by me at that time.
    • Up x 1
  8. Greddy

My most fluke kill, must be: I was in my mossy, getting shot down. I bail out, since I was LA with drifter jet and C4. As I was in the air, looking for ground targets, I tossed the C4, suddenly the same reaver pilot who shoot me down, flew under me (to look for my dead corpse) got caught in the C4 explosion.
    • Up x 1
  9. MrForz

Deployed a MAX and went to capture an outpost with a friend of mine, I complained that I couldn't shoot at all, commands seemed to be blocked, no amounts of pauses or alt-tabs could solve it. 30s later I could execute a MAX Punch, so I aimed at a corridor and shot one rocket to see if the problem was solved, the rocket did a headshot to an invisible infiltrator who looked to check out.
    • Up x 1
  10. NovaAustralis

None of my kills are flukes.
    I mean to get each and every one.
    ;)

But seriously, the flukiest kill I got was a couple of months ago, when I was in my Vanguard at Hvar Tech south-east gate about to depart for NS Secure Data. NC had secured Hvar Tech and were zerging north to Quartz Ridge.
    Wanting to avoid that particular cluster-fudge, we decided to head west across to Allatum Bio Lab.
    So I'm waiting for the squad to get organised back at the main Tech Plant building.
    I'm on my own in my Vanguard and there's no other NC around this satellite.
    My Prox Radar picks up a red blip somewhere to my right, to I swing the turret around to have a look.
    Exactly as I finish turning my turret and exactly where I'm aiming, a VS HA steps out from around the corner of the 'L' shaped building aiming his RL! :eek:
    I twitch shoot, which is unusual for me in a Vanguard, *BOOM* and he instantly goes *SPLAT*. :D
    Had to send him a /tell to explain and to prevent any hackusation... :)
    I still chuckle when I think about that one from his point-of-view!
    • Up x 1
  11. Gary

Literally just Happened, Absolutely gutted i wasn't recording :(

Getting chased by a lightning from crown across the bridge to TI alloys whilst driving a harasser, Circled around the rock at the end of the bridge and as the lightning crested the hill used Nitro and shunted the front of it, This ended up flipping the lightning on to its roof and causing it to explode. (I was intending to jump over it and runaway)

As i then went back across the bridge immediately after screaming on TS with friends and howling with laughter at what happened i then managed a Ram Bonus on a Reaver....

Lightning Driver was called GrizzlyWolf, If you happen to see this <3 my most favorite kill of all time! p.s... People need to look before running across the road!

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  12. Jaeger TR player

1) Flying a galaxy over objective at high altitude. Squad drop and I do too. Some time later (10-20 seconds??) I notice the galaxy is taking damage. Then it was gone from my UI and I got a Sunderer kill. Don't even know how far it went. How far does an empty Galaxy fly on it's own?

2) Sniper wars, from ridge to ridge. Take a shot and miss my target. Then I get the kill shot on some harasser who knows where.
    • Up x 1
  13. NinjaTurtle

Shooting a LA in the head whilst he was in mid air using a jump pad. I was not aiming at him, I was aiming at another infiltrator further in the distance.

I would never even try a shot like that normally, I'm just not that good
    • Up x 1
  14. Vanus Aran

Hahaha, sounds like something great to see. ^_^

I unlocked the "Comissioner" around 2 days. I like the noise it makes.
    We had been in Allatum Biolab, Spawnroomcamping as usual. For some reason I was Engineer so I had only Sirius available and it sucks on long ranges.
    But not the Comissioner, "if" you can aim with this thing. The visor isnt reliable in my eyes.

So I aimed anyway and shot at an TR who was running out of the Spawnroom on the balcony.
    It was 100 meters away, people shot at him like mad but I got the kill with this tiny Weapon.
    Of course I knew it "could" work but it was unlikely. Estimated a 1 to 100 chance. If not 1 to 200 or something.

Another "Fluke" was that I attacked a TR-zerg taking a Tower on Amerish.
    Normally im never "Lightassaulting" in a Scythe but I expected to die (attacking a zerg and stuff), so I wanted to jump out when the bird is on fire and C4 attack a Lightning or something.
    When I jumped out the distance was still 200 meters in the air. Lots of Aircraft hovering in position, not even bothering about the attack.
    I threw my C4 on a Moscito and got it. : D

He was probably all "WTF !!!" ^_^
    • Up x 1
  15. Meeka

Haha, this reminds me of the time I was chasing around a ghost capper, he would land his Scythe on a building, start the cap and leave the base... so, I went ahead of him and waited for him to arrive, and when he got out of his Scythe I quietly attached two bricks of C-4 onto his Scythe and ran away. I watch from a distance as he got back into his Scythe and took off... and as soon as he was about to fly off... I hit the button... most fulfilling C-4 kill ever, lol.
    • Up x 4
  16. ShiningArmour

Pulled a AP Lightning to try and beat back a massive VS Mag swarm near Saurva bio lab, went third person and ran over a cloaked Vanu infiltrator. I laughed for a good while haha!
    • Up x 1
  17. Vidman

Fired a decimator round into contested jaegar's fist and connects with a zoe max.Yeah he didn't have a good day
    • Up x 2
  18. DFDelta

During beta on Euryodome (or whatever, could never get that name right even during beta).
    My brother got our squads Sunderer stuck on an incline on the northwest desert part of indar.
    To get him loose I rammed my Magrider with turbo into him which catapulted him about 30 meters into the air. He landed right on the road and dirctly in front of several TR flashes who rammed into him and exploded.

My own best accidental one was as NC.
    I was defending a tower as a engi helping out a falcon-MAX with ammo and repairs.
    I misstepped and fell over the railing, landing in a group of several (10+) VS guys bunched together. I paniced and tried to get my carabine out but accidently ended up with a AV mine in hand and hitting the left mouse button like a madman. A nearby VS lightning backed up as the MAX started firing at it and ran me over, triggering the mine and killing most of the infantry guys in the blast.
    • Up x 3
  19. untilted

ha ... got today another fluke.

a scythe hovered something like 600m away high in the sky. as it wasn't moving i tried to take a few potshots with my APA prowler. well, first two shots miss. the scythe starts moving. next two shots miss as well. i fire another volley. suddenly i see why the scythe started moving - a reaver was attacking it. the scythe rises in the sky while the reaver makes a sharp tunr below it. with glee i watch the trajectory of the my 5th and 6th shell. and then an explosion.

i doubt the reaver pilot expected a prowler on his death message o_O
    • Up x 1
  20. DFDelta

You're on Ceres I see?
    Was... that tonight near Mao during the 2 hour NC vs TR battle there?

I remember doing an attack run on a stray Scythe and getting blasted by a prowler...
    That was ridiculous I spent the whole rest of the nigt safe inside my Skyguard.
    • Up x 5