The gatekeeper is more like an AV pre-nerfed PPA

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scorpion97, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Scorpion97

Mind if I talked about traits?
  2. HamOnRye

Yeah right. A gun that takes 5 hits to kill infantry (with direct hits) is what killed you, verses the MAIN FREAKING GUNS on the prowler. If you are actually saying this is true then that presents us with the following scenarios. Please check the following that is most accurate.

[ ] Like a dummy I stood still for a prowler gunner to deliver 5 shots into me.
    [ ] Like a dummy I attempted to leave a spawn room that was being camped by 5 prowler gunners
    [ ] Like a dummy I attempted to leave a spawn room that was being shelled by prowler gunners and the gatekeeper got the killing blow.
    • Up x 7
  3. Scorpion97

You probably aren't a good shooter with the GK,do ya? Away from the fact that it's solid accurate enough to hit moving targets,it can hit targets from extremely long distances just like the old PPA

And again,I ain't complaining about its dps,I'm complaining about its "point and shoot" feature
  4. Dualice

Yeah, sorry, didn't mean to derail.

I haven't fought against the Gatekeeper yet, but in using on both Prowler and Harasser I can say it's not that easy to kill infantry with, unless they're standing still or moving in a predictable pattern. As others have mentioned, a big difference between PPA and Gatekeeper is their splash damage. Even the Saron HRB has a bigger splash than the Gatekeeper.

I wouldn't mind seeing a reduction in the Saron's CoF bloom. A removal I think would be too much the other way, considering its fire rate and therefore potential burst DPS.

As I mentioned in another thread, I don't think adding a slight CoF bloom or velocity reduction for the Gatekeeper would be the end of the world. A Halberd-like drop is something I would be heavily against.

*EDIT* Missed out a word
    • Up x 1
  5. Ronin Oni

well.... not BEFORE... when it offered VS a low DPS long range weapon with a decent DPS short range weapon....

But now?

meh.

I'd gladly trade bursting it for better RoF over range or something.

Truly, what I'd REALLY like is OG saron back, but those days are long gone.

Halberd FTW
  6. sebastian oscar post

oh FOR F*CKS SAKE!!!!!!!1111! NOT MORE OF THIS BULLSH*T!
    • Up x 3
  7. HamOnRye

Here is my stats page
    https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428259567434841345/stats

Here is yours
    https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428200837430607537/stats

I don't think you are in a position to be commenting on my shooting skill, infantry or otherwise.

Its nothing like the old PPA. It doesn't have the splash damage that goes along with being an AI weapon to make it effective at spawn suppression like the old PPA.
    • Up x 6
  8. WetPatch

And do you understand why the Gatekeeper is broken?
  9. Scr1nRusher

Because feelings are getting hurt?
    • Up x 2
  10. Scorpion97

Reminds me of goat when he complained about the .75 ads in VS LMGs while using the "pfffft!I'm better than you,who are you to argue with me" style

Your main class is cloaker,so what even bother you to argue about vehicles?!!and again,the problem isn't about splash,it's about its perfect accuracy and no drop that is frustrating
  11. Scr1nRusher

It actually does have drop.
  12. Shatteredstar

So if we are going to argue about perfect accuracy and no drop as problems with a weapon...you do realize the can of worms that could open =p
  13. SwornJupiter

Radar just close this already
    • Up x 4
  14. Scorpion97

Please tell me how can someone move in an "unpredictable" way rather than ADAD strafing which barely happens during infantry vs vehicle fights?

And the issue is NOT in dps,it's that it got the PPA playing style.and yes I think that my proposed changes to the Saron might break it,therefore,I will add a forth point

4)decrease reload spd to 4/4.5

However,the Saron has the most dmg loss per mag due to its bloom at long range and you get quickly punished at close range because you quickly dump your 6 rounds and wait and so on,that's my suggestions were based on

When I said "halberd's drop" I didn't mean the current drop it has,I meant the small drop it had long time ago,anyway,i should have said a fracture's drop since that is the weapon the GK is based on
  15. SuperTrooperWaterloo

One GK thread down, another one appears.-.-

Spam all you want VS.
    This time you have to deal with a good weapon that isnt in your own collection, get used to it.
    • Up x 2
  16. Scorpion97

1)I have suggestions

2)they object

3)I go ahead and explain

That's how a thread (argument) goes..right?
  17. WetPatch

So you would be okay with removing the Saron's CoF and upping it's velocity to 500 m/s, they have similar DPS, due to reloads.

Feelings not hurt at all, I was in the group who tested it and came to the conclusion that it needed more balancing, unfortunately ECUS and thier fanboys said the opposite and now we have this mess.

Now you can carry on with your childish insults and try to get another thread locked, but at the end of the day a nerf is coming, we both know it.

How about you stop trying to be a smart **** and try contributing something helpful to the thread for once?
  18. BaronX13

Truthfully I think the Gatekeeper is a bit stronger than it's faction equivalents, but I don't really care. Not enough time has passed to actually show that it is or isn't overperforming to a meaningful degree. Basically, I think it's fine right now except one thing, no bullet drop.

Seriously, I don't care how strong/weak the gatekeeper is, I do care that they just blatantly gave it one of VS's most iconic traits. I have no problem with them doing something else with the weapon to make up for taking bullet drop from it, but it really needs to lose it. I have no problem with the weapon being strong right now, just with it having a trait it shouldn't. Don't nerf the gatekeeper, but take away the no bullet drop and give it something else in return.
  19. Scr1nRusher

lol.

Your letting your feelings take over.

So you brought up the Saron?

Well, to buff it requires abit of changing.

Get rid of the mag dump ability & increase the velocity, while tightening up the COF.
  20. SwornJupiter

Scorpion, thing is, you haven't explained s***. You just make vague, arbitrary claims based upon NOT EVEN YOUR OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE but how the weapon looks on paper.
    - Biased
    - No evidence to support this claim
    - Argument flawed ab initio because of the two points above

Let's go back to addressing some of the bigger problems in this game, k? Like how the Betelgeuse is performing almost 50% better than the Butcher and Godsaw...