The gatekeeper is more like an AV pre-nerfed PPA

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scorpion97, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Haquim

Or we could simply mention that the old PPA also did 300 splash damage in addition to those 150 direct ones, meaning that direct hits of the GK with their 75 dmg splash deal 235 while the PPA direct hits dealt 450.
    Oh the PPA also had 3 or 4m splash radius. The GK has propably only 1m, its small enough that I didn't really notice it yet at least.
    Let's slap a percentage on that explosion for those that can't imagine it.
    That means the PPA has 400% the explosive damage AND 300%/400% the damaging radius. Combining both attributes to "splash damage" one could argue that the PPA is 1200 - 1600% better than the GK at it

I think the VS faction trait is not "no bulletdrop" or "mobility".
    It is "selective memory" and "selective perception".
    • Up x 2
  2. FieldMarshall

It feels more like Fractures when they were released.
    • Up x 2
  3. WetPatch

And for a gold star tell the class what happened to the weapon with near identical stats on release.
  4. KirthGersen

GK is a broken point and click weapon anyway:p
    Also in CQC P2-120 AP+GK can outDPS a FPC+Halberd Mag if both don't miss but not Saron (I still prefer to use stealthy Halberd).
    Other annoying thing is abusing small covers and spamming with GK-H. Sure, it's possible to do with Saron/Enforcer/Halberd but not with that success and ease.
  5. 0fly0

And why do you think i said: lower splash damage at close? do you even read before respond seriously? the old ppa was doing more splash damage at close but drop to 1 past 4 meters when the gatekeeper deal 75 at 0.6 and stay at 25 damage at 3 meters not one.
    Please don't create fake number after that when you don't even know the real one it just sound ridiculous...
    And yes at range PPA was dealing more splash damage than the gatekeeper (btw lower velocity and lower rate of fire, even slower when you need to compensate for the bloom, yeah don't have that problem with gatekeeper too) and what? you're the one who seem to have selective perception here so i'm going to remain something just for fun, ppa was an anti infantry weapon dealing no damage on vehicule, gatekeeper is an anti vehicule weapon having (except for the splash damage) better long range capacity on infantry than PPA (velocity, accuracy, rate of fire...).
    When i see the gatekeeper stats at range and being an AV weapon again, i really fail to understand why they nerf the ppa because the old ppa just had better damage at close and better splash damage and lower velocity, lower rate of fire, bloom...
    [IMG]

Now tell me why they destroy the ppa when it look so much like the anti infantry version of the gatekeeper? :rolleyes: oh yeah VS op remember...
  6. Scorpion97

According to the extreme hatred I received,I won't be able to reply on every "screw scorpion" post in page 4,so I'm going to ask you guys a question in general:is adding CoF bloom and fracture's drop to the GK a major nerf to it?!
  7. SwornJupiter

You still haven't answered why the proposed nerf is justified or not.
    Simply answering 'because it's too easy to use' hasn't answered the question.
    We need evidence that the GK actually needs a nerf - not that you want a nerf for it. Please, no vague or arbitrary claims.

This is how it works for every nerf/buff thread.
  8. Deffington

Yes, it is supposed to be a long range weapon. Also it doesn't make burst damage like Halberd, or any splash damage we could really use. So we have to place many shots on one spot. That's why it needs a big muzzle velocity, low drop and no preferably no bloom. Imagine you would have to aim again after each shot. After you deal just 170 damage to a vehicle. You should know what I'm talking about if you are playing VS - high firerate, extremely tight spread and low damage are kinda your faction traits for infantry weapons.

And yes, you will get killed by it very often now, because it's new and shiny and we like it. It works well with anchored prowlers - before we had long range main guns and only close range gunners.

In damage output it's neither too good or bad. Me and a friend took a harraser with saron and one with gatekeeper, set both on midrange, facing front and started shooting at the same time. Saron quickly unloaded it's mag and got to reload. Two more shots from Saron would destroy my harraser, but before he could reload my sustained fire destroyed him. That was a model situation, in game it depends on who misses a shot.

We also did this on close range with vulcan and aphelion. Both harrasers exploded in the same moment. DPS in model situation is the same. In game difference is that vulcan had more rounds left in the mag, aphelion has a bit tighter cone and therefore can be used on slightly more range. The reason to do this is that I got tired of 'math' some people write here about these two weapons. Math could only be used if you can count with spinup and aphelion strange effect.

So much for tech things. Now emotions: I feel very sorry for you Scorpion97. Also screw you.
  9. Scorpion97

I'm not technically asking for a nerf,I see there is a stat in the fracture that isn't in the GK which it has drop,so why the GK has no drop while the fracture has drop since it's supposed to be based on fracture design? And add bloom,what's the problem in this?!!

We don't need evidence to show this and I even can NOT show evidence,it's been just ..a week now?im not judging (or didn't mean to if I was persisting about it)
  10. Pikachu

I
    It got nerfed within 12h by cutting velocity from 500 to 200. :)
    • Up x 1
  11. Collin

mate are you really saying the Gatekeeper needs a drop (a nerf) because its based on the Fracture and the Fracture has a drop?

Really? I was dempting to put you on ignore but your lets say simple comments are just to funny
  12. Ragnarox

Its new ppa...nerf it like ZOE.
  13. Scorpion97

Yes
  14. OldMaster80

The GK should be nerfed: having op weapons is a vs trait :D
    • Up x 2
  15. Scorpion97

How unfortunate you doesn't know the VS traits,high RoF and low dmg,really?!!and I'm not complaining about the GK rule against vehicles becouse it's totally fine for me,I'm complaining about its role against infantry,however,you actually miss more with a Saron more than with a gatekeeper becouse of bloom (while you only have 6 rounds)

and what does the aphelion and Vulcan has to do with this thread,I already know they are totally balanced so I think,you are the one who should shut up and not me
  16. Mythologicus

Nerf the Gatekeeper by buffing the Saron. What?

Is this secretly a Buff Saron thread?

The explanation is in the percentage of damage dealt. If your death screen shows that the Gatekeeper killed you but dealt 4% of the total damage and the Prowler driver got the assist with 96% damage dealt, then this just proves that the gunner got a lucky killing blow. Because a Gatekeeper grazed your cheek in a total spamfest doesn't mean it's OP against infantry.
    • Up x 1
  17. SwornJupiter

He put two and two together and got five...
  18. SwornJupiter

That still doesn't substantiate any nerf request. Now you're really clawing at straws for your argument.
    It is SUPPOSED to function like a long range AV weapon because it is pitifully weak in cqc compared to the Aphelion...
    You basically want to nerf the GK into a fracture because it functions as it is intended to function???????
    How do you not understand this trade-off?
  19. Scorpion97

Either do this or that

Well,yea I didn't check the damage percentage so you are probably right about that,but for what purpose should a GK hit me from over 150 metres?
  20. Collin

Yeah the VS traits each week the VS come up with new things that is VS traits so its getting kind of confusing for the TR and NC.

Leave the gatekeeper as it is. Remember its the ONLY long range TR ES AV weapon atm.
    • Up x 1