[Suggestion] Remove 3rd person view for vehicles

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tytos, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Tytos

would solve most of the infantry vs vehicle balancing issues.
    • Up x 14
  2. KAHR-Alpha

I support this, it will make having a gunner necessary if you don't want to be flanked, teamwork and stuff...
    • Up x 2
  3. Phyr

Sunderers need better third person.
    • Up x 1
  4. Chowley

Ya and the already huge amount of team roadkills will skyrocket to completely unbearable levels. I already suffer constantly at the hands of unaware idiot tank/sunderer drivers. I can do without it getting worse, thanks.
    • Up x 8
  5. Cloakedfoe

But then I wont be able to see an engineer try to tank mine my tank from behind :)
  6. Johnnyseven

Yeah I have no idea how it would be possible to avoid fairly slow moving, noisy and rather large vehicles in this game that tend to stick to roads. Well I suppose this doesn't apply to VS as they could run you over in a tank if you were standing on top of a biolab but eh.

9/10 of the people I run over in my Sunderer are running directly down the middle of a main road, to those I say...

• Up x 3
  7. Kracin

as much as it would increase "realism" i dont see this being a good thing. too much terrain to cause problems to not have third person so you know whats going on.
  8. Johnnyseven

That's kind of the idea I think. Terrain being a threat to tank drivers would go a long way to improving the balance between Infantry and Armor (Again, this wouldnt affect the VS so much I know). Less awareness when sitting in an giant tin can with a huge gun on the front is a natural balancing mechanic.
    • Up x 3
  9. Ghosty78

The easiest way would be to have a look back button. Would half the roadkills.
    • Up x 2
  10. GamerOS

Without 3rd person it becomes increasingly annoying to shoot while driving, so no, thank you very much.
    • Up x 2
  11. Tytos

that would be the whole point of it, its both unrealistic and inbalanced for vehicles to have a 3rd person view.
    • Up x 5
  12. SzeronTzur

Haha, you would never see another VS infantry again. The mag-mowers would run every last one of them over.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we don't have third person infantry cams - which led to the awful corner-camping gameplay of PS1, but people being able to see the area around their vehicle is a GOOD thing.
    • Up x 2
  13. Exidius

Actually I never understood why it should be ingame in the first place. Feels like an advantage over infantry (which doesn t have 3rd person and can t see someone sneaking up on them while vehicles can)
  14. asdfPanda

only if you increase the angle-of-view in first person.
    • Up x 1
  15. Dusty El Lion

I agree, tanks historically have issues with lack of situational awareness. It's up to supporting infantry and a observant commander to protect a tank from close in threats.
    • Up x 4
  16. DCTH

Ok, remove it.
    But then please give me all this "high-tech" a normal vehicle has nowadays ... like rear-view-mirror, side-mirrors, back-up warning, park-distance-control and please make it so i can watch out of the window of my sunderer.

For fiction sake, you could say the 3rd person view is a highly mobile camera outside of your vehicle for keeping an eye on your surroundings (totally not stolen from eve).
    • Up x 5
  17. Pemtaphalon

I always found the 3rd person to be very awkward as it would be very close to your vehicle any way, I only use it for turning in a base incase there are any troops hiding behind me
  18. Reventine

I already get Tk'ed while on my flash about 5 times a day. It's third person that saves me from doubling that.
  19. Dusty El Lion

Rearview mirrors and a backup cam would be very handy.
  20. Vertabrae

I support getting rid of third person view. Infantry don't get to have it, why should a tank or aircraft. Don't give me that "but I need to be able to see Engis sneaking up behind me with mines" either. I can't see the gun sneaking up on me with the shotgun, without turning around. You shouldn't be able to either.
    • Up x 3