PPA is UnderPowered and UnderPerforming

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by vanu123, Nov 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tf2hero

2. AgentStark427

Wait, wasn't this supposed to be about the PPA? Someone make a different topic about this. I'll keep messing with you guys there.
  3. SerasVic

I'm still getting killed by PPA, there is still some room for nerfs
  4. AgentStark427

Oy, I never said its current nerf was justified... Ah hell. It was. Now its as useless as the Marauder and Canister.
  5. vanu123

Pull back a lattice link and drive your tank around behind the enemy and take it out, or pull the classic farm machine HE prowler and find a hill and unload. It is called "Flanking" you know the mag has to do 24/7 and still loses. Prowler does beat mag. My case being the prowler is better because: Higher speed, better HE, more DPS, turret turn speed, angle of fire, ability, etc.
  6. vanu123

Were you standing on top of the tank? If you die to a PPA it is almost as embarrassing as being killed by a beamer.
  7. Badname707

This thread is still going? What happened to the VS not being the whiny faction?

Oh wait...
  8. Flag

We have to work really hard to keep up with the TR, dontchaknow? Can't let such an opportunity go to waste!
    • Up x 1
  9. Badname707

You guys do that. Just don't talk about the NC. We like our toys how they are, thanks.
  10. Flag

The NC are too busy yelling "FREEDOM!!!!1!11!" to have time left over to whine. :cool:
  11. Badname707

Damn skippy
  12. TheKhopesh

13. Xasapis

Funnily enough, Canister has double the performance of the updated PPA. So yea, he is serious.
  14. TheKhopesh

This is a reflection of the majority population of those who were using the PPA versus those using it now.

Many are just not using it anymore because they're bummed that they lost their godmode super ranged killing crutch, and now actually have to show a modicum of skill to use the weapon like the other ESAI's.

Those who remain, and are using it still, are the ones who weren't just in it for the easy kill with the latest "Hop on board and use the OP weapon before it's fixed and no longer beyond unfair!" band wagon.
    (Which is why I respect those who kill me with the Mag and harasser PPA's now. I still don't respect anyone using the light PPA (Or any ESF AI weapon) though, as I have never respected those who just farm infantry from ESF's.)
  15. Xasapis

You're making no sense. The people that are using the PPA right now have reached a plateau of performance and are stuck there. That plateau is 50% lower than Canister and 60% lower than the Marauder. The best AI secondaries for the Magrider right now is the Kobalt and the best AI secondary for the Harasser is the Fury.

PPA is performing slightly above Basilisk, without having any of the versatility of the Basilisk.
    • Up x 1
  16. mer1c

PPA is perfectly fine. VS just lacks the skill to adapt.

[IMG]
  17. Halkesh

So, now the PPA has been nerfed 1 month earlier we can maybe speak about it with enough data ?

Since the rework, the PPA look like a duster, without the AoE.
    You need too much time to kill infantry at more than 25 meter and can't hit infantry at close range due to it's bad lower angle elevation.

Improve the weapon accuracy by lowering the max CoF or the bloom per shot so we could hope to do some direct hit in full auto / burst fire while at less than 25 meters.
    Improve the weapon elevation arc so we can shot at enemy at blank shot range.

For now, I don't care about DPS / magazine seize / muzzle velocity if I can't hit my target.

How the weapon accuracy should be reworked (as a short / medium range weapon) :
    -min CoF 0.5
    -max CoF 2.5
    -Bloom per shot 0.25 (max CoF after 8 shot)
    -1.5 sec to fully recover from max CoF to min CoF)

In other word : improve it's CoF so the weapon can be as effective as other AI weapon.
    • Up x 2
  18. \m/SLAYER\m/

increase mag size a bit, and rest are fine. at least you can choose between PPA and Kobalt
  19. Flag

Let's buff it like they've suggested for the Vulcan!

#genius
  20. Nody

No the problem is you can't hit the broadside of a barn after two shots; have you even looked at the performance in the last month? It's consistently performing at 50% of both the Cannister and Marauder on the Magrider even at Q4 selection (i.e. BR 75+ before someone pulls the "L2P" argument). On the Harrasser the story is even worse (it's 1/3rd of the Marauder and 1/2 of the Canister) and has become the least used ES AI weapon...

Of course as it's a VS weapon it will not see any buffs for another 6 months at least (ZoE 12 months and counting)...
    • Up x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.