PPA is UnderPowered and UnderPerforming

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by vanu123, Nov 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AgentStark427

Yeah. No. Doesn't work like that. You don't simply own the facility on the side the enemy would put their sundy. That's called backwards logic. And no, Prowler doesn't beat Mag. You have literally made NO case whatsoever about how the Prowler is better.
  2. Flag

No, rival on the Mag makes it strafe faster (still slow). Rotation is static regardless of Racer/Rival (I even went in game to check/confirm). The only way to make it faster is to crash into something or have something give you a sideways bump to the front/rear of the tank. So you're off to a good start in the factual sense... (not really).

The mag burner manoeuvre you mention goes by the name "burn n' turn". It is a flashy move more than anything, and it's effectiveness is inversely proportional to how good the enemy is.
    Then again, everything can work against bads.
    PS: I know how to do the manoeuvre, and I'm painfully aware of it's limitations (through a lot of trial and error). You say you've seen it, and yes you probably have. Can you do it yourself though?
    • Up x 3
  3. Vixxing

And hope the prowler is to dumb to turn his turret and shoot you in the rear going past him? And that he is to stupid to rotate his tank while outputting more than double your DPS?
  4. AgentStark427

Did the words "performed it myself" slip your mind?
  5. Flag

It didn't, but I doubt the claim.
  6. AgentStark427

Did the words "while you keep your gun faced at the enemy" slip your mind? Come on, people. Learn to read. Also, the Prowler DOES NOT have more than double the DPS. Here's how you can tell:

Using the AP rounds as a standard, ESFs are taken out by two shots from a Prowler. Using the faction equivalent, the FPC, for þe Magrider, it annihilates ESFs in one shot.

Each individual round from a Prowler is less than that of an individual round of a Mag or Vanguard. The reload speed for a Prowler is also significantly slower than both.
  7. AgentStark427

Well, time to make a video.
  8. SerasVic

FTFY

I don't care about your arguing but missinformations bugs me.
    • Up x 1
  9. Flag

What are you smoking? It seems potent.
    A stock prowler cycle time is 3.5 (2.5 sec reload, 2x0.5 sec refire delay) seconds.
    Mag: 3.75.
    Van: 4.0.
    The prowler also does more damage with it's 2 shots than the mag and van do with their one.
    So while it's not double, it's substantially better, and that's not even including Anchor (48% faster reload, which works on 2.5 seconds of the cycle time).

So to reiterate, the Prowler reloads faster than the others, does more damage per reload than the others, and has an ability that buffs this even further if need be.

Knock yourself out.
    Try to make it contain an actual enemy that's not awful.
  10. Whatupwidat

This thread is better than TV :D
  11. AgentStark427

Time to make another video because this guy wants more TR nerfs.
  12. Flag

You were still factually wrong.
    The Prowler doesn't have a longer cycle (reload+refire) time than the Vanguard and Magrider.
  13. AgentStark427

Ok. You're right. The reload speed was only faster on the others 'cause I never upgraded it. lol.

The DPS argument still holds though. I can confirm it later if you would like. Again, the individual shots for a Prowler do less damage.
  14. SerasVic

Prowler has 2.5 s reload and a 0.5 s of refire so if we had up it's 3s

Where Vanguard has 4s and mag 3.75s

And all gain 0.5s in reload when full certed, so Prowler gain even more + % DPS when certed out.

edit : Btw Stock prowler has more DPS than full certed reload Mag
  15. Flag

No, the DPS still favours the Prowler.
    The refire happens twice, once per shell.
  16. SerasVic

so 3.5 ? still better
  17. AgentStark427

Are we talking damage per shot or per second? Because its less damage per shot.
  18. Flag

Oh yes definitely.
    That was my beef with AgentStark (well one of them).

Second of course.
    Considering how I used the metric per cycle in the past few posts, I honestly thought that was heavily implied to the point where it's obvious.
  19. Vixxing

For you to drive around a Prowler means you got to survive face to face first... if he anchor down and have a semi competent halberd gunner you are dead in roughly 4 seconds...
  20. SerasVic

Less damage per shot

More DPS

and more damage added up (2500 for AP prowler vs 2075 for AP vanguard)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.