AT Mines are too hard to see now...

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by PastalavistaBB, Feb 17, 2014.

1. WyrdHarper

You can also Q spot them now, so just get competent gunners. They are still easy to spot. I still saw many people killed by them pre-change because people like to drive as fast as possible with no situational awareness. It's the same reason AI mines work so well--if you don't pay attention you die.

There is also a mine-spotting implant coming out.
    • Up x 2
  2. PastalavistaBB

I saw AT Mines clipping through the ground that made them invisible. It was in the last few days. So don't tell me they "fixed" it. You can't really give up Proximity Radar on an Anchored Prowler for Mineguard. It would really be useful if Proximity Radar would show up Enemy Explosives on the Minimap. (Not 3D Q-Spotting) Well, Autospot Implants are coming, let's wait.
  3. Korban

I've seen some of them sink 5-10cm deep into the ground, which could be what you are implying, its like what happened to AI mines.
  4. Korban

Don't you mean pizzas? And now they the same size as a flapjack.
  5. f0d

the new mine sizes are awesome.....
    but they still clip into the ground

all they need to do is fix them clipping into the ground - they DONT need to make them the size of a monster truck wheel again
    • Up x 1
  6. Morti

AT mines are invisible = AT mines are OP!
    AT mines are visible = AT mines are UP!

Mineguard is suddenly relevant again.

Tanker tears inc.
    • Up x 7
  7. ikillyou1990

When I have pancakes..they are about that size..lol..
  8. RHINO_Mk.ll

Maybe you would prefer it if they all had giant flashing neon signs with arrows pointing at them instead.
    • Up x 4
  9. Pikachu

Stupid mine killed my flash today outside a tower base. :mad:
  10. Metalsheep

I think it is good that AT mines are small again.

The only issue i see now (aside from them sinking into the ground periodically) is that they need a small No Deploy radius for other AT mines, so you cant set them ontop of eachother. The radius could be small, just a few feet, so its still possible for larger vehicles to tag 2 at the same time. This would cause the creation of minefields, rather than mine piles.
  11. Takoita

That video sounds like BCP and that was how long ago? I haven't seen them clipping through the ground again yet, so please hold your horses.

And even if they did, these are goddamn anti-tank mines; if they can't surprise your armor to lethal effect what good are they?
  12. Korban

That IS the only issue which should be prioritized to be fixed in the next patch.
    • Up x 1
  13. Korban

Try laying some down on a inclined land.
  14. Takoita

Will do.

But even if they will all disappear before the enemy shows up, what will happen? The mineguard still provides excellent damage reduction on your sunderer to plow through the whole she-bang no problem.

In fact, mines 'burrowing' should become a feature. Possibly requiring additional time spent after the initial set up.
  15. Korban

Then the Engineers will need a Minesweeper tool for the next Game Update.
    • Up x 1
  16. HLM

I'd prefer to see them more like they were in PS1.
    In PS1 mines were harder to see, and due to lag you'd often only see them when it was too late. However, it took many more mines to insta-gib a tank. If you were quick on the brakes you could survive, but still take heavy damage. Lighter vehicles were not so lucky, but that's just the way it is.

The main thing is you could have many more deployed at once. Actual minefields you would have to drive over to get killed. It feels a lot less cheap when you get killed by a whole lot of something that do a bit of damage instead of just one thing with massive damage.

I know it'll never happen, but just saying.
  17. Takoita

Personally, I'd be all up for stuff like that! Radar jammers (for all the map detection tools out there), automated defences or minesweepers or something would certainly add more to the game than AV MANA did.
    • Up x 1
  18. WyrdHarper

They do if you press Q! D:
  19. Crackulous

Thermal doesn't highlight mines anymore. It got changed a while back.
  20. Sovereign533

Working as intended. Don't need a change.
    If this botheres you, slap a mineguard under your MBT, Lightning, Flash or Sunderer. (Plus, I've ran over a mine twice in a Lightning. And 1 mine isn't enough to instagib a lightning. Not to mention an MBT)
    • Up x 4