AT Mines are too hard to see now...

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by PastalavistaBB, Feb 17, 2014.

1. PastalavistaBB

SOE made the AT mines smaller than half of their last size. They are impossible to see until you drive over them. Especially on the soil of Indar and on grass, they are so well hidden that it makes Mine Guard a must to use on vehicles. For a weapon that can instagib a 450 resource MBT, they are simply too hard to detect and do too much damage. 3 AT Mines can instagib a tank and they can "sleep" in place until the player that deployed them changes continent or logs out. I'm sure that we'll see more and more AT Mines spammed all over the place to the point where Vehicle play will be totally hindered.

This is what basically is going to happen: (once again)
    • Up x 3
  2. BengalTiger

You only need a mine guard on the first vehicle of a column.

If nothing changed since back mines were small shortly after release, the Sundy is the best vehicle for being a mine plow.
    • Up x 11
  3. Korban

Working as Intended!!!!!
    • Up x 43
  4. Bortasz

So you complaining that AT mines fnally doing what they are intended?
    • Up x 47
  5. Enchman

That doesn't look like they're too small to see. That looks like they weren't even rendering. Going through the video a few times and looking at where they should have been, you can't seem them all. So I'm gonna go with rendering issue/bug that needs to be looked at.
    • Up x 9
  6. Snipe-yo-face-yall

lol AT mines are working. Tankers gonna whine. :p So OP they explode now!!!
    • Up x 9
  7. Corporate Thug

As a rule of thumb I stopped driving on roads long ago, especially in the middle of them when it can be helped. When they changed the mines so that they were more visible it made them almost useless, except on the lip of bridges and ramps where they were hard to spot in a vehicle that was moving full speed until they made it to the edge(the decline). It looked as if that group in the sundie wasn't paying much attention tbh. After all those initial explosions you would think they would slow down or more actively look for mines, but they didn't. Mines should be left alone now, though they are really well camouflaged on indar due to their color.
    • Up x 1
  8. plek

they were reverted back to how they used to be. i can say that earlier, when they used to be the current (small) size, i would run over a mine every once in a blue moon and get kills with mines with the same frequency. when the size was increased to the size of pizzas, i would honestly never run over any mines and i would not get any kills. now we are back to the smaller size, and once again i get kills/killed once in a blue moon by mines.
    so i like the smaller size.
    • Up x 2
  9. Goden

And the vicious AT mine nerf/buff cycle continues.

You saw what happens when AT mines are visible - they become useless.
    • Up x 5
  10. AltF4Fun

Either you get mineguard or have the risk that there might be a mine.If the mines would be weaker or easyer to see,no one would ever cert into mineguard....There is a counter,and you are aware of it,so what is the problem?
    • Up x 5
  11. Goretzu

That is what I think is happening, they seem to be invisible (or below the ground level), or tiny. I'm not sure which one.
  12. Metallic123

Seriously, you would think people forgot about that cert line.
    • Up x 3
  13. FaLI3N

I have no problems with the current size as both a tanker and user of the mines but I do notice them sinking below ground level when throwing them down so that needs to be fixed.
    • Up x 1
  14. WTSherman

Keep in mind that's an old video, from back when mines would clip below the ground. That was the reason they were originally made huge, on the theory that the part that didn't clip would be the same size as what the full mine "should" be. Then the clipping got fixed but the size stayed the same, and the mines became easily avoidable pizzas.

Now they're back to normal size and don't clip, so unless they start falling through the ground again it should be alright.
    • Up x 4
  15. NoctD

Chatting around and driving mindlessly up the hill. You need to pay more attention to what you're doing. One of the reasons I hate squads, too much chatter and distraction.
    • Up x 1
  16. ikillyou1990

I'm a tanker and am glad to now see tank mines back to their former glory. They were a joke when they were pancakes...
    • Up x 3
  17. notyourbuddy

Here we go again. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 2
  18. Crayv

In that video he ran over 8 clusters of mines and since they were likely in groups of 2s (to insure instant death of anything that runs over them) that means 16 mines. So 16 x 45 is 720 resources in AT mines and it only slowed him down.

Also there is a prediction element to mines. You either set them in predicted paths (like roads) but they will be expected so a vehicle with mine guard or just the players being extra aware will counter them or you can set them up in less traveled areas where they may go your entire play session where no one drives over them.

As long as they don't clip through the ground anymore they should be fine.
    • Up x 4
  19. S7rudL

That is how they are suppose to work. I like it a lot atm.

• Up x 4
  20. MasonSTL

Can you see the mines with thermal again? That would be nice, but I could live with out it.