VOICE CHAT NOT WORKING

Discussion in 'Voice Chat Support' started by ARCHIVED-Princess Ariel, Jun 16, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-bumford007 Guest

Are they still looking into this. I still cant connect to any channels and when I send a /petition the GM bassically sounds like they pointing everything to my side saying i need to Open up ports and such on my router. I tell them i did that and now im waiting on a response from them. Sounds like they're washing their hands of it, just want to know if that is where they are heading or still looking into things..
  2. ARCHIVED-PsychoKitty Guest

The GMs never seem to know what is going on ... with this particular issue I would ignore them if they carry on with that nonsense and wait for SOE to fix
  3. ARCHIVED-Hakeem Guest

The MTU idea may be a fix but unfortunately like above I cannot change my routers mtu above 1500
    /bump same issue the mic works fine can do in game tests and everything but cant join voice chat channels (even in my own groups and guild)
    Problem didnt arise till the patch.

**Specs
    Windows Vista Ultimate x64 *up to date patches*
    Dlink Router WBR-2310
    Core I7 920
    12gb RAM
    8800GTS
    X-fi Xtreme Music

-Mal
  4. ARCHIVED-hoppopo Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    Just curious if there can be an eta provided. Is this a weeks issue or days issue.
  5. ARCHIVED-Mikkahl Guest

Mikkahl wrote:
    I just got a correction from my ISP (neighbor): "I made you a DMZ zone. No protection at all." So apparently he didn't mess with implementing the individual port numbers above. (I still have a firewall on my DLink 825, but we have set nothing special there. Still pretty much at factory default).
    I still have to disable/re-enable Voice Chat, (and sometimes delete an extra EQ2VoiceService.exe process or it crashes). to get connected to a channel. I have to do it again if I try to change channels or characters. Or maybe it's just waiting awhile (like another posted noted).
  6. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    Will we get a progress report? Can we expect this to be resolved this week? Do you think disconnecting the router will solve the problem. Or should we leave the router set up but disable the firewall (i.e. Norton 2009 or Windows)? Or both?
    I've read a lot of notes here with people suggesting we do something with router ports. I am vaguely familiar with that but it would be a real headache to get into. And I'm afraid I'd just make things worse by trying. Should I be trying to solve this? Please tell me that much better qualified people at SOE and Vivox will come up with all the answers we need (soon?).
    Is there anything we, the silent users, can do to give you more information about the problem? (Sheesh, I knew there was a lot of pre-GU ranting about the RAs, but I didn't think you'd have the Research Assistants actually stifle us. )
  7. ARCHIVED-steoff Guest

My router will not allow me to change the settings mentioned above. In order to lead a raid this weekend, i simply hooked my pc directly to the dsl modem and VC worked fine. So if you have to get VC working for something, this might work for you. I do have my PC set as a DMZ, but that does not seem to help.
  8. ARCHIVED-Tobann Guest

I dont know if it helps, but I can join my guild VC when not grouped. If Im in a group or raid I cant enter any VC channels at all. If it were a router wouldnt that be a problem whether I was solo or grouped?

Buaf
  9. ARCHIVED-Jarnhand Guest

Wow, it's coming up on the one week mark. One week... and I am still deaf and dumb in voice chat. Can a company rep share some news?
  10. ARCHIVED-Mikkahl Guest

Now that I have the ISP firewall at "DMZ" (whatever that means), and my voice chat is somewhat working (even though I have to disable/re-enable vc every time I change channels or toons), I am seeing even more blocked incoming and outgoing packets in my DLink 825 firewall log. In fact, while I am playing the game, my log is getting full every 10-15 minutes with all these log messages. I used whois to determing the domain name for these IP addresses, and the most frequent ones stand out:
    64.34.14.30 - mpx4a.vivox.com
    70.42.62.15 - ser5sb.vivox.com
    70.42.62.102 - ast5a.vivox.com
    70.42.62.154 - lb5-www-e2p.vivox.com
    74.201.99.118 - no domain name (Vivox)
    As you can see, they all relate to Vivox in some way. Does anybody (preferably anyone from SoE) think I should explicitly allow these IP address in my firewall, and perhaps see some improvement in my voice chat reliability?
  11. ARCHIVED-Mulder Guest

I must say that I would have to agree with Yerma. I tried two different Linksys routers in an attempt to fix the issue. Still nothing. When I connect directly to the DSL modem, I can use VC no problem. Otherwise, I get I'm not in a channel like the rest. I opened every port, disabled every firewall, etc. I believe the MTU packet size is the issue, but have no way of fixing it.
  12. ARCHIVED-raydenwins Guest

It's been awhile now and I've heard nothing from admin on how to fix this issue. What was so wrong with voice chat before the update?
    Can an admin member please make a comment?

Thanks
  13. ARCHIVED-Myth1184 Guest

Dont feal bad, I have a idea that SoE has no idea what is wrong, but, according to the Emails that my fellow guildies have been getting from SoE,...(please hold the laughter), the Devs have fixed the issue and voice should be working. If your program still doesnt have voice, Disable all firewalls, disable all addons, Add Exceptions to This port or That. Kinda sounds like they are reading from a Manual of "i dont know what the hell im talking about".

Alot of people in our guild have no voice chat.
    The people from SoE who they have talked to on the phonee blames the issue on the following
    EqMap Update
    Your router is the problem
    Your firewall settings are the problem

I personally use 2 computers, that run off the same router. My desktop has no problem with Voice.
    My laptop, however, has no voice. So the problem is NOT on our end SoE, quit blaming us.
    Even had a few guildies who were told my SoE to reintall EQ, that would fix it. It didnt.
  14. ARCHIVED-Seiji-01 Guest

I have a very curious issue with the voice chat. I haven't come across any posts (yet) that seem to share my issues, so I'll share them in this thread (since it seems to have the most "traffic") and hope that someone can relate or knows a solution.

Because I sure as hell don't.

Voice chat "works" in every way except the right way. EQ2 recognizes my mic, it tests fine and I can hear myself over the playback. Others in the channel hear me fine. I can join voice channels without a problem, and I can even see when someone's talking. But I can NOT hear the actual voices! When they come in clear, they come in clearly for the first 5 seconds of joining the channel, then it's complete silence. When voices DO come through when they're supposed to, all I hear is a burst of very, very brief and minute static. At best, it's very laggy and horrid-sounding static. I have gotten voice chat to work TWICE since the update, and that was through very angry and persistant joining/leaving of a voice channel until, FINALLY, everything works like it should. I have no idea why it takes 200 join attempts for the audio to work right, but it does.

I have tried the following:

-deleting that EQ2voice .exe or whatever it's called.
    -switched from the Audigy ZS 2 to the onboard Realtek, and back.
    -changing the in-game input/output devices in all manner of combinations.
    -cleared everything EQ2/Station/Sony related through my Firewall, AND set myself on the DMZ just to see if it would work.
    -updated my router's firmware (DIR-615).

SUMMARY: All manner of "fixes" are not working for a voice chat that's broken. I can join voice channels, leave them, see when people are talking, but I can NOT hear them. When I can, it's very, very laggy and full of static, OR it works for the first 5 seconds of joining the channel before going into very quiet bursts of static when people try to talk. People CAN HEAR ME, but I can NOT hear them.
  15. ARCHIVED-Mulder Guest

Ok for those of you that have a problem going through the router, but not directly through your modem, I may have a solution for you.
    You need to set your MTU to 1492 on the router. Not 1500, not Auto, and not disabled. I found some really great information at the site below. As soon as I changed mine to 1492, voice started working. Hope this works for you.
    Read the large post from rmrucker on this forum. He explains what is going wrong with fragmented packets and why you should try 1492.
    http://forums.speedguide.net/showth...ead.php?t=16703
  16. ARCHIVED-Wyeth Guest

My error log from voice chat
    06-22-09 00:59:27.074 2548 Error Connection::Read Disconnected: this=01615A28
    06-22-09 00:59:27.105 2548 Warning Service::CleanupDeadConnections Cleaning up dead connection: (*i)=01615A28
    06-22-09 00:59:27.105 2548 Warning Service::ShutdownSDK Service Initiated Shutdownthis=03ABFEE0
    06-22-09 00:59:55.542 2884 Error Service::RunInternal this=03ABFEE0,e->ToString()=
    C:\src\buildtools\branches\voon\tmpkcxv9r\src\vivox.system\tcpsocket.cpp(256) : VivoxSystem::TcpSocket::TcpSocket - error 3003
    Internal Error
    C:\src\buildtools\branches\voon\tmpkcxv9r\src\vivox.system\tcpsocket.cpp(256) : VivoxSystem::TcpSocket::TcpSocket - error 10048

06-22-09 01:00:48.041 3676 Error Connection::Read Disconnected: this=01615A28
    06-22-09 01:00:48.041 3676 Warning Service::CleanupDeadConnections Cleaning up dead connection: (*i)=01615A28
    06-22-09 01:00:48.041 3676 Warning Service::ShutdownSDK Service Initiated Shutdownthis=03ABFEE0
  17. ARCHIVED-Nubekia Guest

Please resolve this issue quickly, it is crippling my raiding abilities. It worked fine before the update but now I'm getting the same issues every one has. 0 users in voice chat and when pressing the talk key it says 'You are not in channel', added the exception to my firewall and everything (even with the firewall disabled it will not work)
    My laptop is running Vista Ultimate x64, and it seems like a lot of people with a 64-bits system are having problems, so maybe the solution has something to do with that?
  18. ARCHIVED-Zymas Guest

One more unhappy customer here. Laptop with winxp can connect to voice but is not good enough to run EQ. Desktop which is vista64ultima cannot run voice but program does well. Its not my modem if one works and the other doesnt. Disabled firewalls and virus. Updated newtwork adapters. Nothing works. I have even sent ping reports on incident reports and no fix. Not sure how long i will continue to play when i cant group/raid effeciently w/o voice. Good going there SOE.
  19. ARCHIVED-Elfruler Guest

Im on Vista 32 with no firewall and no voice.
  20. ARCHIVED-Kilaelya Guest

I don't think this is a router issue. My boyfriend and I are on the same router; he can connect, but I can't. I just keep getting dropped. Fyi in case that helps...