VOICE CHAT NOT WORKING

Discussion in 'Voice Chat Support' started by ARCHIVED-Princess Ariel, Jun 16, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Princess Ariel Guest

Okay I am really trying not to come across as rude but do you people test anything before launch? Now it isn't working at all and I have my firewall off. So how do I fix this?
  2. ARCHIVED-Athiter Guest

Same things happening to me, voice worked FINE for about two weeks now, (since i first started playing) and now with one patch sony has managed to mess everything up, I can see my guild memebers talking bubbles over their heads and all. All of my other sound is fine, just no voice. Way to go. I mean honestly was there really that big of a problem that it required messing it up entirely? But I'm sure the only response we're going to get, if any, will be "I am currently looking into the problem" or "Open your firewall ports". I have my firewall disabled, virus protection off, windows defender is off. Whats the deal?
  3. ARCHIVED-Wizard_Thoarin Guest

Same problem here, I keep getting kicked to channel <none>
    Curious thing in the options window it says it could not detect windows mic settings. But when I hit the record button to test my mic it records just fine. I'm running Vista X64 on a Core i7 920 with sound through a soundblast X-Fi Fidelity sound card and using Alchemy to get the EAX settings.
    Everything worked up until the patch!
  4. ARCHIVED-Princess Ariel Guest

I am getting really sick and tired of you all messing with things that worked fine before and constantly changeing everything.....there is an old saying "If it ain't broke don't fix it." Yet every time we turn around you fix things that aren't broke and then break it with your supposed fix...and you don't fix what really needs to be fixed.
  5. ARCHIVED-DragonSlayer789 Guest

Same thing here. 2/3rds of my guild can access voice channels but 1/3rd of us cant get anything. I have done as others posted with firewall/defender etc. allowing eq2voiceserver.exe or allowing everything dosnt make any difference. Everything was fine before the patch. Please fix this quickly as raiding without voice is making it frustrating.
  6. ARCHIVED-Gethani Guest

Voice was working fine for me Sunday and yesterday. Today I am in guild voice channel for less than a minute and then it just boots me out.
    Firewall has permission to run voice. Have reset router and restarted. Any other suggestions. I know I was not only one in guild with problem.
    Gethani
  7. ARCHIVED-Athiter Guest

Thats awesome still no post from someone that could actually do somthing, wheres a dev at? Are we paying 15 dollars a month to play with a broken product? I guess so.
  8. ARCHIVED-Rothgar Guest

Athiter wrote:
    Sorry, the devs are all busy fixing bugs instead of reading the forums. :)
    We are aware of the problems and working on them. Its an unfortunate side of software that not everything gets found in QA or Testing.
  9. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    Thank you for the response. We get spoiled so easily. Voice Chat is so nice to have that once you get it and then lose it you are adrift.
    Hope it's fixed soon.
  10. ARCHIVED-Gethani Guest

Thank you = )

*hugs*
    Gethani
  11. ARCHIVED-kelesia Guest

I'll chime in as someone whose voice chat worked 2 days ago and now nothing. Voice is now telling me in red letters that my headset isn't windows compatable and it most definately is.

/confused.
  12. ARCHIVED-Viethiel Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    I'm glad a dev said that! I was getting a little frustrated since I had never experienced any major VC problem until after the latest patch yesterday...not only did I lose VC, but I eventually lost all sound too! So I logged.
    Hope you guys get it fixed soon. Thanks for actually posting and being HONEST about it Rothgar. That's the kind of communication that I would expect from a company of SONY's size and stature. It is unfortuante that your co-workers who post on how long downtime will be extended are not as transparent as you. Those folks say 2 hours...it usually turns into 4 or 5 hours!
  13. ARCHIVED-Sehk Guest

I'll add my name to the list of those with broken voice chat since GU52 (and 50% broken from a few days before).
    It may be coincidence, but the North American members of my guild can use VC just fine. Myself (in Australia), and another guild member (in the UK), cannot use VC.
    Another anomly that may or may not be related is this: bringing up the Options window in-game freezes everything for about 15 seconds. After the window opens, the drop-downs under Voice Chat for input/output also freeze for 10 seconds when clicked, then show a list of I/O options; clicking on an option results in yet more freezing, but no change in option.
    Opening the Options window from the Character Select screen however, results in no freezing. One can also change the VC I/O options here, and doing so (from 'Default' to either the headset or sound card) results in a change of option, and changes the red 'Cannot detect Windows mic settings' text to green 'working properly' text.
    Neither of these interactions with the Options window seem to have any effect on VC in-game however.
    I'll note that the Options window lag is new for me since GU52, and that my system is powerful enough for this not to be reasonably attributed to any lack of memory issues, etc (other than possible leaks or other issues introduced with GU52). I'll also note that I have tested my sound card, speakers and headset, and that everything is still working as it should, other than EQ2's voice chat. Finally I'll add that the Windows firewall is excepting EQ2VoiceService.exe, and that turning the firewall off does not fix the current VC failure. I run Windows XP.
    Looking forward to having voice chat back, and wish you speed in finding a fix.
  14. ARCHIVED-Darwa Guest

Sehk wrote:
    I echo this, and add that I'm running Win 7 64.
  15. ARCHIVED-Lilesthobo Guest

I as well am having problems with voice chat. Won't connect then 30 secs after try and connect it just says "left group voice chat".
  16. ARCHIVED-raydenwins Guest

voice not working. uninstalled pctools, still nada. this is pathetic.
  17. ARCHIVED-PsychoKitty Guest

Sehk wrote:
    It might be complete coincidence but just in case it isn't ... Myself and Gushopper, both Aussies cannot use voice chat but the rest of our guild seems to be able to with limited problems. There is one Canadian who also has problems but she had issues before the update as well.
    Is there something we can do to try and diagnose/fix where this problem lies?
    I log in, use the drop down box to go into guild voice chat, and have 0 users. Meanwhile everyone else is chatting merrily away. They have tried using /voice invite to get me into channels which has worked with bugged users in the past but after accepting the invite I do not auto join the chan. And when I use the drop down box to get to the channel I get 0 users again.
    Gus get an error code when logging in, and voice is ghosted. At this point in time the channel 'Guild' is not even there.
    I closed our vent server because voice chat was much easier and now we are voiceless. Please please please fix this asap guys. I am happy to help! Just tell me what to try!
  18. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

It is just coincidence. I have four computers located in Texas not working and my guildies with non-functioning VC are also from North America while our Itallian members are not having a problem.
  19. ARCHIVED-Darwa Guest

I stopped using my Creative soundcard and switched to on-board sound. No problems since.
  20. ARCHIVED-bumford007 Guest

I'm also playing from Australia, and have the exact same issues as what the others are going through. Game options stall for 15 seconds or so. Cant connect to the channels, can i have a million dollars pm for my details.