TSO Easter Eggs and Surprises or, Najena was an UO PKer

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Indur, Nov 24, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Eriol Guest

Alienor wrote:
    I always wondered if that guy's name was a re-spelling of the B5 character Valen. Btw, do NOT click that link unless you want MAJOR plot spoilers from the show.
  2. ARCHIVED-duranvaer Guest

The questline that Grunty gives in Moors are all references to Led Zeppelin songs with the first quest being "Over the hills and far away" then ends with "Bring it on Home", and the end prize which is a house item is basically a zeppelin, gave me a laugh.
  3. ARCHIVED-Littles Guest

Eriol wrote:
    My first MMOG was Ultima Online :D I still play once in a while[IMG]
  4. ARCHIVED-Flotten Guest

5. ARCHIVED-Flotten Guest

6. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

Indur wrote:
    omg.. I had finally managed to block those images out of my nightmares recently. Now I'm doomed to 6 more months of therapy in order to abolish 9 years of sub par graphics and gaming that makes me want to drag out my old Atari 2600. *screams in terror*
  7. ARCHIVED-Flotten Guest

8. ARCHIVED-Ilucide Guest

Eriol wrote:
    It was between 10 & 11am PST. And it was awesome.
  9. ARCHIVED-Flotten Guest

Ilucide wrote:
    I remember a few times where the servers went down slightly later than expected... result: some people did things they shouldnt have... second result: People like Runesabre had to go moderate the boards :D
    Speaking of moderating the boards... anyone remember Lord Luker? ROFL
  10. ARCHIVED-Eriol Guest

Flotten wrote:
    Ya exactly. USUALLY they stopped saving around midnight MST, during which more people were willing to "do bad things" but the actual "going down" public broadcast was only like 5-15mins prior to them going down (and occasionally didn't happen at all). But yes, that "free time" was never REALLY codified, so some people went red unexpectedly, with hilarious results on the boards (I personally frequented the stratics ones back then).
  11. ARCHIVED-Wilin Guest

If I recall Vhalen's name(the dev and the npc named after him) was derived from his favorite band, Van Halen.
    And concerning Easter Eggs, there's a quest in Moors called The Adventures of Bonk.
    (TurboGrafx16 anyone?)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonk's_Adventure
  12. ARCHIVED-Eveningsong Guest

And here I thought it was a Babylon 5 reference

Edit: stupid quote didn't work, I was referring to Vhalen lol.
  13. ARCHIVED-Curs3 Guest

I kind of notice the dockmaster for the new airship in ss was familiar. Sounds like Rofl LOLcopter to me.
  14. ARCHIVED-Mythilt Guest

I want to see a quest where you need to stop a mage from casting Tiltowait, and deal with his minions hitting you with Mabadi.

(Let the quest giver be named Werdna to. ;) )
  15. ARCHIVED-Loxosceles Reclusa Guest

A little out dated, but in Terrin's Grasp there is an NPC named Talisen the Silent used in one of the scout epic quests named after a rogue friend of mine who was the first to complete the 10th Ring quest in Velious on Quellious. He received the title (the Silent) and had a bow named after him in game (EQ1). He was in Vis Maior if any old Quell people are out there remember him.
  16. ARCHIVED-kuraan Guest

Ruffle Lahlkaptr in Sinking Sands... Numerous movie references in the names of signature quest steps...
  17. ARCHIVED-Xanrn Guest

One of the named in Befallan: Halls of the Something.
    Is called Sir Loros Highgarden, aka Ser Loras Tyrell of Highgarden from George R. R. Martins A Song of Ice and Fire series. He doesn't look much like the Knight of Flowers though.
  18. ARCHIVED-Femke Guest

Eriol wrote:
    Talking about....
    Remember UO's own Easter Egg how a Energy Vortex changed into a llama at times? That made me laugh so often....
    Femke.
  19. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

I too started my mmorpg gaming with Ultima Online and reading this thread gave me some good laughs. Many good memories from that game
  20. ARCHIVED-M0rticia Guest

There are a few quests in Grobb that you receive from Grunty the troll. He gives you a series of quests to help him make an 'air ship' (zeppelin) for Grobb.
    All of the quests he gives you take their names from led Zeppelin songs. There is 'Over the hills and far away', 'Ramble On', 'Communication Breakdown' and 'Bring it on home'.