TSO Easter Eggs and Surprises or, Najena was an UO PKer

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Indur, Nov 24, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Indur Guest

Najena's Hollow:
    Najena can be found at the bottom "casting" Val Kas'Flam; a homage to Ultima Online's explosion spell
    Kal Vas Flam

Evernight Abbey:
    What's his name, the guy at the bottom's script summons "a diaff sun sphere"
    die in a fire, please (i added an extra f because these forums censor the proper spelling)
    )
    post more please.
  2. ARCHIVED-livejazz Guest

Indur wrote:
    OMGZORZ! Por Corp, Por Corp, Por Corp!!!!!
  3. ARCHIVED-Kordran Guest

Not to pick nits here, but it was "Corp Por"
    Edit: One other nit. Kal Vas Flam was not the explosion spell, it was the flamestrike spell. The explosion spell was Vas Ort Flam.
  4. ARCHIVED-Armathius Guest

Now that is old school
  5. ARCHIVED-livejazz Guest

Kordran wrote:
    Not to pick nits here, but I knew that, & deliberately wrote it backwards in emulation of the quote from the OP's post.
  6. ARCHIVED-Kendricke Guest

In the Moors of Ykesha, the tailor "Tandy" has a quest for you to go pick up trash. One of our members caught the reference. Subtle, and yet brilliant.
    [IMG]

7. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Flaye@Mistmoore wrote:
    Isn't it amusing how little people think about things before they post...
  8. ARCHIVED-Windowlicker Guest

Kendricke wrote:
    Even moreso if you know that Tandy had it's start as a Leather Trading company. Not sure if they realized that when they made the NPC a Tailor.
  9. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

Kendricke wrote:
    WOOT! TRASH 80!
  10. ARCHIVED-Kordran Guest

Flaye@Mistmoore wrote:
    Nice try, but if that's the case, you would have written it as "Porp Cor", since "Val Kas'Flam" and "Kal Vas Flam" only have the initial letters reversed, not the words.
    Zing!
  11. ARCHIVED-Kordran Guest

Xil wrote:
    Yes, it is amazing, isn't it? Might want to give that a try, sometime.
  12. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Kordran wrote:
    Soon as you show me how it's done I can follow your example into the shiny new world of forums free and clear of assumption, anger, and miscommunication.
  13. ARCHIVED-Kordran Guest

Sure, it's just down the hall. Take the first first door on your left. Nirvana awaits you there!
  14. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

Kordran wrote:
    ........... I was attempting to remember the words of power for an EV ... but then I remember the best way to kill PKs ...

"All kill"
    *click*

[IMG]
  15. ARCHIVED-Zacariah_Innoruukk Guest

Polyphemus the Cyclops watching over his sheep on an Island off the Moors.
  16. ARCHIVED-theriatis Guest

Captain Azhab and his Hunt for a Giant Crocodile :)
    The Quest "A Trail to the Past" has quite a few Movie-Reference-Themes in it... (really got a good laugh about how i got the Reward !
    Regards, theriatis.
  17. ARCHIVED-kidzulu Guest

EQ has a rich history of great Easter eggs. As a Metallica fan (did I just admit that?), I remember realizing EQ-live was the game for me when there were NPC's named "Lars" and "Ulrich" in another place.
    How about then (and now) - the Tower of Vhalen (Van Halen anyone?)
    Peace and Happy Thanksgiving!
  18. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Zahne@Mistmoore wrote:
    I'm sure it was intentional.
  19. ARCHIVED-Eriol Guest

Jesdyr@Unrest wrote:
    That's an awesome picture. And btw, IIRC Energy Vortex was "Vas Corp Por" as "Corp Por" was called Energy Bolt (I think). And server wars ftw!
    FYI: Server wars was the term for what happened every night prior to them bringing the server down. Yes they restarted EVERY NIGHT. It was somewhere around 1-2am IIRC, and there was a period of time prior to them going down in which NOTHING was saved to the server. So basically, the entire server went nuts into killing, as there was no consequence the next day. Was really fun to go into an area and start randomly letting loose Energy Vortexes and see people running!
  20. ARCHIVED-Alienor Guest

Elebu@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I think this is more a reference to a (former?) dev of EQ2 whose nick was "Vhalen". There is also a "Rothgar" playing banjo in Kaladim iirc