Scheduled Server Downtime May 1st, 2014

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Luperza Community Manager

The US EverQuest 2 Servers will come down on May 1st, 2014 at 7:00 AM Pacific Time for an update. The expected downtime is approximately one hour.

EU servers will come down beginning at 9:00 PM PT (6:00 AM CET May 2nd, 2014) for the same update. Downtime is anticipated to be approximately two hours.

Update Notes will be posted in the Game Update Notes (Live) forum once they are available.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Almee Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, and frustration, I'm wondering why you brought down the servers at 9:10pm on 4/30/14 if you are doing an update a few hours from now? Your California players must be livid.

The last time I fell for a "short update" it lasted 12 hours. I hope this isn't another 12-hour deal.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Meh, it's just the usual Thursday update stuff (hopefully). I expected something as far-reaching as the All-Access thing to last for several hours, and frankly, wouldn't've minded it being down for longer, if it would discourage bugs from rearing their ugly heads. ;->

Not sure why the servers went down earlier; Da Spouse took over the one computer I have EQ2 on for several hours after work, and only now gave it back, so I'll get on (or try to) and check. ;->

I can only presume it has to do with issues they're finding and jumping on. ;->

Uwk
    /crossing_fingers for success! ;->
    Naramsin likes this.
  4. Almee Well-Known Member

So far this "short" update has been over an hour and I still can't log on. I wish they would be truthful about their downtimes so we could plan on doing something else during the time they are down. Since this is supposed to be a short update, and morning's is supposed to be an hour, I fail to understand why they couldn't combine the updates in the morning when few people play instead of prime time for the West Coast. It's even more frustrating to have the server status report a server is up, for over a half hour, and not be able to log onto the server. This crap has been happening for almost 15 years for me (I started with EQ). I think it is a horrible customer-relations problem for Sony, which makes me sad, because I love EQ II.
  5. oldskool Active Member

Color me confused. The update doesn't start for another 8 hours.
    Mermut likes this.
  6. Jrral Active Member

When the servers go down, it's not always because SOE wanted to bring them down. Axiom of computers: "Bugs happen.". Especially right after the release of new code, as users start to try things nobody in QA dreamed any sane person would try. If you deal with computers at all, you either learn to accept this or you'll suffer an early coronary.
  7. Greedon Active Member

It strike me as silly the way people get so upset over downtime maintenance. Really is your life so sad you can't wait for repairs? Would you rather SOE just not bother and leave the problems in game/account? This is NOT waiting for a kidney folks, there is a life outside EQ2 and some things are more important.

G
  8. Juggle New Member

I have played Everquest and Everquest2 for 16 years and I work with computers. Computers are machines and everyone knows machines break at times and have to be fixed. I am so glad there is someone on the other end of this GAME that is making a effort to make sure our play is the best it can be. A little patience goes along way and saves you from having ulsers. The game will be here. Congrats to the Sony team for making our play even better.
  9. Almee Well-Known Member

SOE announced the servers were coming down for an update on Thursday night. It was supposed to be a "short" update. I was finally able to get on 2 hours later. The big May 1st update is only scheduled for one hour so I'm going to sleep. If a short update takes 2 hours then the 1 hour update should take forever. And, yes, I have no life or life expectancy so I haven't much else to do but play EQ II.
  10. Noneyah New Member

sweet finally they are fixing the hk contested wooooohoooootttttttttttttttttttttttt. that zone is so freaking hard right now with just trash mobs. saw two groups in there that was one of the top guilds and they even couldn't do the whole zone. I am so happy thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. suka Well-Known Member

hmm, someone must have been working overtime trying to fix the problems most of us experienced right after launch. I would suggest that in the future, you plan on and extra hour and go do something else instead of getting upset. Be very happy they try to fix things in this game. if it weren't for the updates and the fixes, i would have quit a long time ago over frustration because there are a lot of things that need to be fixed after any major update. and soe, you are wonderful. thanks for the updates that make this game playable.
  12. dreama123 Member

What are you guys talking about the post says it will be up around 8 am PST and it's 7:52 at the time of this post.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  13. Rebelde Active Member

Today is holyday here and I can't login. Something in this parch broke ProfitUI. Please, fix it soon :(
  14. Killion New Member

Anyone else getting all the way to retrieving zone info then getting EQ2 Client Application has stopped working ?
  15. darkmoons New Member

I can't get on as well but I use drumsUI...boooo :/
  16. Rebelde Active Member

Yup. You aren't using the default UI, right?
  17. Killion New Member

nope but my friend is using drums and he is logged in
  18. darkmoons New Member

so it must not be a ui issue.
  19. Killion New Member

yeah i dont think it is UI based , we are using same UI both using drums UI . he is logged in but says there is like nobody logged in 70 people on butcherblock so im guessing a lot of people have this issue . i even tried the validate game assets and that didnt work
  20. Rebelde Active Member

My boyfriend logs my account on his comp. He has the default UI and login without problem... No idea about where is the problem, but I want (need, because we don't work today and we want to play) some official post about this issue please